Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having trouble uploading an avatar
F F U R G > Site Updates > Feedback & Suggestions
meccano-man
I'm new to some of these things, but I'm trying to upload a jpeg image for my avatar. It was a relatively large size file (Meccano logo), but I resized it to 64 X 64 pixels. It still does not upload correctly. Can anyone help me with this. What else can I do? Thanks. sad.gif
Master_phruby
I don't think the upload avatar works. I just pointed it to my web site.
meccano-man
blink.gif Well, I tried having it point to my website, but it only seems to work for a brief while. What's up with that?
CorranHorn
meccano-man,

I moved this thread to a section better suited for the problem.

currently, we're having problems with getting avatars that members upload to the fforums showing up after they've been uploaded. I'm working on it, unfortunately it's going slow. keep an eye out on the following thread for updates while I work on the problem:

as for the avatars you have pointing from your website, which appears to be on angelfire.com, sites like that do not like having random images pointed elsewhere outside of their domain so hence the problems you're having there.

hopefully this helps you out, we'll be keeping everyone updated as soon as we have new info on the problem.

jason
Stormie45
It won't let me upload a GreenDay avatar it 100x100.
NoMercyJoe
It only accepts I think 50 or something like that. 50 50 i think.
CorranHorn
as indicated in the thread linked in my last message, users cannot upload their own avatars, you will either have to select from a pre-existing avatar or set a remote link for your avatar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.