Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stargate SG-1
F F U R G > Your Customs > Miscellaneous Customs
Pages: 1, 2
pbarny
Don't get too excited, I'm not done yet. But here is the start of it.

From left to right that should be Jack, Teal'c and Daniel.

Jack has an Elite Force Body and a Gen Hawk (comic pack) head cast (from Ash...thanks).

Teal'c is RoadBlock (Spytroops) head, Duke v9 Body, and Han Solo legs!!!!!!

Daniel has no head right now, but is a an Elite Force Body

And well Sam is MIA. Total lack of parts/likeness and decent military female bodies right now. Tenative plans are to use probably an upcoming figure Bombstrike Head and a Volga body from the 98 October Guard 3 pack.
Delaton
what are the boot casts on Teal'c?
pbarny
QUOTE (Delaton @ Feb 5 2005, 11:30 PM)
what are the boot casts on Teal'c?

It's masking tape. I'm debating on the shade of green for Teal'c's legs and I just don't want to get any on his boots.

I still need to make a paint run for the Corran Horn WIP and my Casting Call UI Pilot.

Oh, and that head makes him more Kurt Russel Jack O'Neall than Richard Dean Anderson.
CorranHorn
paul, I saw the oktober guard comic 3 pack tonite, Dania I believe was the name of the female figure there. Is that the one you're using? A simple chopping off of the hat and a little sculpey to cover things up would work nicely for Carter headwise.
pbarny
QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Feb 6 2005, 02:14 AM)
paul, I saw the oktober guard comic 3 pack tonite, Dania I believe was the name of the female figure there. Is that the one you're using? A simple chopping off of the hat and a little sculpey to cover things up would work nicely for Carter headwise.

No, the much older one....I might now just hold off for the Bombstrike fig later this year...
pbarny
I think I figured out what rifle that Carter uses (still have to plan a receipe for Carter though). http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/sgthacker.shtml The one with the scope I've seen Sam use from time to time when she doesn't have a P90.
Delaton
Any progress pics? I wanna see these, then I just may have to do a set myself! I might have to finally try wax sculpting for Master Bre'Teac's armor.

Update: I was in TRU today and saw some Elite Force figures...you got me Paul....I'm makin' them.
pbarny
QUOTE (Delaton @ Mar 13 2005, 08:17 AM)
Any progress pics? I wanna see these, then I just may have to do a set myself! I might have to finally try wax sculpting for Master Bre'Teac's armor.

Update: I was in TRU today and saw some Elite Force figures...you got me Paul....I'm makin' them.

Progress, yes. Customizer down with flu though. Can't hold anything steady, definitely can't stand the smell of paint....why is this computer spinning???? cry.gif

So Teal'c's been painted, Jack and Daniel both have heads and guns....Still need to do eyes (but that's on all the figures). I was planning to finish up everything over my spring break (this week March 14-19), but that doesn't look to promising atm.
Valtar
I can't wait to see these, I like SG-1 and I may do some of my own at a later time. rolleyes.gif
pbarny

Took a pic to show the progress I eluded to earlier.....
The Spectre
They are coming along really well biggrin.gif
Sith Lord Chaos
Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes SG-1! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I'm working on a set of my own as well I have at least 50 planned that I'd like to get a good start on this summer. And I'm also building a modular SGC playset dio to scale with them, I've progress pics if anyone is interested. So far I'm sculpting the bodies but I've thought about Elite force too, it would nead some tweaking but it could be done.

Carter uses an MP-5 with a scope for most of the early seasons, then She switches to a P-90. Ocasionally she does use some othe gun, I'm not familiar with it's name, but it looks somewhat similar to an MP-5. The rest of the team is pretty much the same, except Teal'c of course. But they don't use the second gun she has. They will in certain episodes have a different gun but it is ususally mission specific.

Teal'c needs bigger legs, those just aren't going to cut it. He is a really big guy. And he could use some Military boots. And I don't know how accurate you are trying to be but those vests aren't like the SG-1 vests. Before my HardDrive crashed, I had made a big label sheet that had all the different Jaffa'a head Tatoo's and the SG-1 patch (all the different color variations) and the Earth Patch, as well as SG team patches up to 22, and an SGC patch that non team members wear on their jumpsuits, I think I had several more but i don't remeber what they were exactly. I plan on re-doing them in the next week or two and I can give you the decals if you want.

Keep it up, I look forward to seeing your progress! biggrin.gif smile.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (Sith Lord Chaos @ Mar 31 2005, 03:50 AM)
Teal'c needs bigger legs, those just aren't going to cut it. He is a really big guy. And he could use some Military boots. And I don't know how accurate you are trying to be but those vests aren't like the SG-1 vests.

Keep it up, I look forward to seeing your progress! biggrin.gif smile.gif

First off, thanks.

On the Teal'c being bigger...that's a misconception. Actually, physically I'm bigger than Christopher Judge (and most actors except for former prowrestlers and a couple of NFL lineman) from what's listed on his resumes/known about him. What you're seeing is a trick of Hollywood (despite a Vancouver production dry.gif ). They shave his arms, oil him up, use forced perspective, etc. to make him look bigger. He's not that much bigger than Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson). Just trying to come up with a way to represent that a bit more by using the fairly oversized 2001-2003 GI Joe upper body but a fairly standardized Star Wars lower body.

No, I'm not going for 100% accuracy either. But than again, I'm sure I could if I used the SEAL Team Elite Force Figures, possibly even the SAS (I'm using Green Berets here) they have the web gear similar to what you're referring to. Also, each SG-1 wears a set of fatiuges specific to the mission. These particular Green Berets are specific to mountain/European (Kosov) theatre operations.
Valtar
They Look Great so far pbarny... keep up the good work.
pbarny
Found a Bombstrike figure. The carter resemblance (both in specialty and in appearance of hair do) is uncanny. Also starting a desert line. Just gathering up the parts, although once again, Jack and Daniel are done first. Taking the weekend off to get my painting back log finished...
pbarny

Just updating...Jack and Daniel in green should be done tonight (hopefully).
The Spectre
More great-looking work!

I figured out how to make a passable P-90 for you. Take the IG SMG, cut off the frotrusion on the top over the handel (discard or save for a later custom), cut off the sight. Cut sight base at a 45 degree angle and glue to front of gun on right side above handle. Cut out the extra plastic on the back of the gun between the magazine and the stock.
Delaton
Whoa, complicated Spectre. Got a pic to go with that description?
pbarny
More detailed pics of Sam.

Bombstrike head glued to a "neck ball". Volga body. Gun is from Snake-Eyes (version 23), Vest from Gung Ho (version 16), Backpack from Elite Force Green Beret.
The Spectre
Very cool!

Keep 'em coming biggrin.gif
Sith Lord Chaos
Carter looks pretty good, that is the head I plan on using for my Carters as well. Her vest doesn't seem to fit very well though, it looks too big and bulky. And I know I'm gonna get it from some of you Joe guys wink.gif but I can't stand tose elbows. I don't like metal in the joints, I think you should at least paint in a fleshtone or hide it some how.

As for Teal'c I still think he should be bulked up a bit. Chris Judge did play football at Oregon and even if he really isn't that big, Teal'c is supposed to be. And the figure is of the character, not the actor. Teal'c also never has a green vest. He wears the olive green BDU and a black vest like the rest of the team.

I don't mean to be so nit-picky but Carter's tan camo isn't accurate. The SG teams don't have so many dark colors in their desert camo, it is more light tans and browns. I've tons of refrence shot if you want any.

And don't forget about the arm patches, those are crucial, so they don't just look like military customs.

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing your progress! smile.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (Sith Lord Chaos @ Apr 17 2005, 10:07 PM)
I don't mean to be so nit-picky but Carter's tan camo isn't accurate. The SG teams don't have so many dark colors in their desert camo, it is more light tans and browns. I've tons of refrence shot if you want any.

And don't forget about the arm patches, those are crucial, so they don't just look like military customs.

It's more a lack of available female bodies that have a cammo pattern. Right now, the only one I know of is a Volga from the GI Joe line. The vest is originally off a male figure, so that's part of it, but it also allows for a backpack peg in the back, so that's why it chose it. Course, when Elite Force releasese their first female soldier, watch it sell out as Joe customizers buy her in droves (starts holding breath). And yeah, I'm like you, I hate the rivets. I do like the newer joes as they're being phased out in favor of a more SW like articulation scheme in the arms.

Waiting for the file repository on joecustoms.com to be "restored" during their server upgrade. I believe that there are a ton of SG team patches, in varying cammo decos at that.
Sith Lord Chaos
The Tauri patch is almost always the same. It is usually a sivler Earth Gate Glypgh with a normal colored earth. It will occasionally vary a little bit, if they are wearing heavy camo then they will have a green glyph and the rest of the patch will be darker with a greenish-brown hue. In season 1 and the begining of Season 2 there were tons of costume errors. Some of the patches had black numbers and others had white. It later went to all white numbers. And the SG-1 patches have a little design behind the number and it would occasionally show up on SG-2 patches and some other team's. Now the design is only on SG-1 patches and all other teams just have black behind the number. Teal'c's tattoo was upside down in the whole second episode too, it bugs the hell out of me rolleyes.gif wink.gif

So basically what I'm saying is, check the newwer seasons for more accurate costumes and props.
crimsonraptor
Wow! This is all looking well cool!

Just joined, so here is a little scan of some of my headsculpts - see if you can reckognise anyone!

Oh, these are all 12", I haven't quite got the hang of sculpting small figures yet!

Andy biggrin.gif
Sith Lord Chaos
Crison raptor, your stuff looks pretty good, I recognize Teal'c and maybe Makepeace? That is if the right middle one is him. They are all really shiney though, I would suggest giving them a coat of dull cote.

So pbarny - do you have any updates?
DanBinks
I just finished the rest of my fan-fic SG team!
Here is SG-10!

They are a little Cartoony and lacking in detail and consistency, but they will do for now.
DanBinks
I also made a very simple custom Sam Carter out of a Bombstrike figure.

All I did was sand off the backpack staps & gloves and repaint rolleyes.gif
pbarny
Well, I got the green version of Daniel and Jack done finally. The desert version of Daniel is done, the desert Jack just needs some whitish-grey dry brushing to finish up his hair and he'll be done, leaving me with green and desert versions of Teal'c to go...

Jack O'Neall. (That's 2 L's!!!). Comic Pack Hawk head cast. some of the marks are some "divets" in the cast. The skin is Model Master Skin Tone Tint Base. The hair is a conglomoration of Model Master Light Grey, Gun Metal Grey and Insignia White drybrushing. The Body is Elite Force. The gun is from the Spytroops/Valor vs Venom GI Joe Lines (till some one makes a P90 for 1/18th scale), and binoculars are Power Team Elite.

Daniel Jackson. Cross hair head cast on a Elite Force body. The skin color is the same the hair however is Model Master Medium Tan. Pistol is from Valor vs Venom GI Joe line.
pbarny
QUOTE (DanBinks @ Jun 3 2005, 02:07 PM)
I just finished the rest of my fan-fic SG team!
Here is SG-10!

I like. Reminds me of the failed saturday morning cartoon NBC tried with stargate a few years ago.

Oh, and fyi, the Stargate Role Playing Game (from Alderic Entainment Group stargaterpg.com) has team break downs for at least up to an SG-18 as well as maps of Cheyne Mountain/SGC.
Sith Lord Chaos
QUOTE (pbarny @ Jun 4 2005, 06:54 PM)
Jack O'Neall. (That's 2 L's!!!).

Also happens to be Jack O'Neill (1 I, No L's!!!) wink.gif ph34r.gif They look pretty good, do you have the arm patches on there? I am still looking for the perfect heads for my SG-1 Stuff, Carter will be Bombstrike, but I haven't figure out anyone else yet, I want it to look as close as possible. Does they have a hat too? The floppy full brim or a bandana for daniel, and O'Neill's normal baseball hat. They turned out pretty good. I'd like to see some shots of that P-90 you made if you don't mind. smile.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (Sith Lord Chaos @ Jun 7 2005, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (pbarny @ Jun 4 2005, 06:54 PM)
Jack O'Neall.  (That's 2 L's!!!).

Also happens to be Jack O'Neill (1 I, No L's!!!) wink.gif ph34r.gif They look pretty good, do you have the arm patches on there? I am still looking for the perfect heads for my SG-1 Stuff, Carter will be Bombstrike, but I haven't figure out anyone else yet, I want it to look as close as possible. Does they have a hat too? The floppy full brim or a bandana for daniel, and O'Neill's normal baseball hat. They turned out pretty good. I'd like to see some shots of that P-90 you made if you don't mind. smile.gif

I didn't make the P90. That came from the existing GI Joe line. I do have a baseball hat (from gung ho v11) but it doesn't fit the head quite right, so i'm leaving it off. I do have several floppy hats (crosshair's is the best, but it's easier to find a bbi elite force hat). You can try hollowing out the head from a PTE ranger figure but I gave up because the dremel melted the plastic which coated both my bit and the hat's bottom (cleaned the bit by scraping against the sharpening stone though). No patches (yet). I'm waiting for the file repository at Joecustoms to come back online as the site is going through a major recoding.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/images/weap...s/baroness2.jpg the gun.
pbarny

bbi Elite Force Black Hawk Pilot and GI Joe Cross Hair head. The glasses are the comic pack baroness.

BTW, if anyone is looking for the Cross Hair heads (or tan or green style boonie/floppy hats), gijoehq.com has the Cross Hair Tiger Force and Cross Hair Night Force on sale for 2.99.
Delaton
I also have casts available for trade...thumbup.gif
pbarny
Just to show off some of the accessories that I was talking about.

The hat comes from the Night Force Cross Hair

The hat comes from the Tiger Force Cross Hair

This hat comes from the v16 Gung Ho.
pbarny
So I broke down...finally decided to use some Sculpey...So i finished Teal'c (Both versions). If it weren't for Hobby Lobby being out of Light Grey today, I'd have Jack's hair done on his "desert" version. Oh well, it'll wait.

This version of Teal'c...Road Block head, Duke v12 torso, Han Cantina legs, Heavy Duty Arms

This Teal'c...Road Block head, Duke v11 torso and legs, Heavy Duty Arms

The Spectre
Lookin' Good!
w33bar
Isn't it only "evil" teal'c who has a goatee?(from the alternate universe)
Bar.
Findswoman
I've said this before, but I'll say it again: nice work on these guys, Paul!

Only one or two nitpicks:
Teal'c's head medallion seems quite big? (Of course, these guys are already at a very small scale, which doesn't make small details particularly easy.)
Also, in the group photo, Sam Carter seems to be on a man's body... she looks awfully bulky, esp. around the arms. You might think of a Hoth Leia or General Leia body or something, with an added vest. The Bombstrike head is a good choice for her, though.

Keep up the good work!

... the Findswoman
pbarny
QUOTE (Findswoman @ Jul 28 2005, 04:30 PM)
I've said this before, but I'll say it again: nice work on these guys, Paul!

Only one or two nitpicks:
Teal'c's head medallion seems quite big? (Of course, these guys are already at a very small scale, which doesn't make small details particularly easy.)
Also, in the group photo, Sam Carter seems to be on a man's body... she looks awfully bulky, esp. around the arms. You might think of a Hoth Leia or General Leia body or something, with an added vest. The Bombstrike head is a good choice for her, though.

Keep up the good work!

... the Findswoman

Using the Volga (same sculpt as the v1 and v2 Lady Jaye). It's probably a bit on the more "real" side of a female military personnel, no super huge boobs, hips, but not model curves etc. It's basically not fanboy over hyped.

Teal'c was my first attempt at sculpy. I used a paperclip (mistake). Should've used something finer.

So there's the greens, here's the tans.

And the Tan Jack

Now with the upcoming Maurader Inc P-90s, looking to do an Atlantis team, and retake these pics once I get the right guns/gear.
NoMercyJoe
the X strikes again

Fixed what you were trying to do. Edit the post to see how to "code" the color into the response.
hemble
They look really good the use of the elite force figures is great.

Are you going to do card backs for these guys?

I had my SG-1 team on hold but after seeing yours I've pulled the out of the cupboard.

Ron
pbarny
QUOTE (hemble @ Nov 2 2005, 03:24 AM)
They look really good the use of the elite force figures is great.

Are you going to do card backs for these guys?

Ron

Thanks, I'm always coming up with ideas on how to chimera the various figure lines. Each one does one or two things right, just trying to combine them all, well you see what happens if you look through enough of my stuff.

As to the cardbacks, nope, not going to do it. My customs and my toys are played with. Yes, I'm a grown man, larger than 85% of the population both in height and weight, and I play with toys. Deal people.
hemble
Hi pbarny

Mate nothing wrong with playing with the figures at all I do it all the time especially when I'm taking photo's more missus thinks I'm capt rats tongue.gif

It's a shame your not do card backs the figures would've look great maybe next time.

Ron
pbarny
Well I finally got the parts and the inspiration to do a Green Carter and some Atlantis team (But not multiple unis like SG-1). ATM Sheppard is sitting 99% done, Ford about 50%, with Weir, McKay and Teyla in the parts gathering stage...and Ronan Dex is just begining to take shape (what the wookie rifle is for in the trade list).

School is having a way of preventing this progress and much of any other although i'm so fed up of having to do work through my whole spring break i'm painting today for the first time in close to 5+ months.
Delaton
What scale are the new Stargate figs coming out? They don't appear to have much articulation so unless they're like Buffy figs, I think they might be small scale. 4" perhaps?
pbarny
QUOTE (Delaton @ Mar 18 2006, 05:58 PM)
What scale are the new Stargate figs coming out?  They don't appear to have much articulation so unless they're like Buffy figs, I think they might be small scale.  4" perhaps?

6-8" if i remember...
pbarny
Alright, some new stuff, upgraded weapons and all that.

Sammantha Carter, Green Fatigues

Bombstrike head and legs, Spy Troops Lady Jaye Arms, Torso and waist. All RIT Dyed dark green. The vest is DTC Barrel Roll and the gun is Maurader Inc.

The Semi Finished Green Fatigues

Still need to dye Teal's Jaffa staff grey/black/metalic

Close up of the new weapons

The Semi Finished Tan Fatigues

Changed Carter's Accessories, the dying of Teal'c's staff weapon, P90s for O'Neall

Carter got the same accessories as her green version

John Sheppard

P90, Don't know the head, neck is sculpey, body is elite force.
The Spectre
Looking pretty good smile.gif

BTW- the Atlantis character's head is from the Ash figure from the "Army Of Darkness" line smile.gif
CorranHorn
Paul,

The SG-1 Team looks pretty good, glad to see you were able to complete them.

Outside of some paint apps, such as some of the vests should be black to match the tv gear, the only
suggestion I could give is to try to shorten the necks of "Green Fatigues" Sam and "Tan fatigues" Teal'c.
They do look a bit awkward from an elongated pov compared to the other figures.

A good use of accessories, including the staffs for Teal'c.

Happy Customizing!
FoxtrotDelta
Pbarny I didnt know Tealc had a beard, they look cool!!! Are you going to do a desert version like on some of the episodes?
FoxtrotDelta
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.