Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mousedroid-Hoojib customs
F F U R G > Your Customs > 3.75" Scale Star Wars Customs
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mousedroid-Hoojib
I'm very new to customising, having only started in October, 2010, so would be very appreciative of receiving comments, suggestions and general feedback. I hope that I am getting better, but I think that I've got a long way to go to be in the same ballpark (or even sport) as some other customisers around here and "teh interwebs" in general.

The links below will take you to pages on mousedroid.com where you will find additional photos and the recipes for each figure. Apologies in advance for how bad both some of the customs and the pictures of said customs are.

Diva Shaliqua, singer in Jabba's private pod race box
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5881

Jynne Celwick, Outlander Club waitress
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5877
Hayde Gofai, Outlander Club patron
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5751
Nyrat Agira, Outlander Club patron
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5764

Duke Teta, Coruscant Opera House guest
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5860
Koyi Mateil, Coruscant Opera House guest
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5793

'Squid Lake' Ballerina, Mon Calamari dancer
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5859

Shi'ido, shapeshifting aide to Senator Po Nudo
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5828

Delva Racine, Coruscant Opera House patron
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5826

Z-X3, security officer on Droid World
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5830

Wald, Rodian slave from Tatooine
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5792

Tendau Bendon, Ithorian Senator of Ottega sector
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5791

Lolo Purs, aide to Senator Onaconda Farr
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5784

BD-3000 'Bettybot', luxury droid
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5779

Veedaaz Awmetth, Senator for the Vensensor sector
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5767
Bana Breemu, Senator of the Humbarine sector
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5749

'Lucky Lekku', Twi'lek pin-up
http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5738

Thanks for looking!
tonphanan
Welcome to the world of customizing young padawan. I see you like the soft goods in your work. These are some really good attempts you have here. Joints are always a pain especially if you move them after painting. All in all not too shabby. What parts did you use for Koyi Mateil? That one has to be one of my favorites in the bunch. I also like Diva Shaliqua with the soft goods pants, I think they might be better if they were a little slimmer, but still like them.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thanks for the response, tonphanan. I'm still learning how to get around paint rub which is a huge part of the reason why I am using progressively more soft goods - to cover up the joints! Now I just need to get better with my stitching at such small scales.

For Koyi Mateil, the body is a Hasbro Marvel Universe Black Widow (which I seem to have army built just lately) with the head being a TLC snow Padme. I've thus far used Crayola Model Magic for sculpting (lekku in this particular case) given that a) it is geared towards kids (and although I am well past that age, I still feel 8 years old when it comes to most things SW) and 2) is very easy to use, dries quickly and is both reasonably hard yet very light. I'm sure that as I get more experienced I will shift to more common mediums.

Michaelja
Damn I got excited I thought you had made the Hoojibs, oh well nice customs, not my cup of tea seeing these 3 movies I could easily forget exsisted.
Sgt Humpty
You're off to a great start! I especially like the Outlander Club characters. Heck, I like all female customs. They are far more challenging (at least for me), so I can really appreciate when one is done well. Welcome and Happy Customizing!
Yodaman
Awesome job for a new guy! Great parts selection on a lot of these and good work on the mostly very slick paint jobs. Keep it up!
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Here's Opula Deget from ROTS, utilising a GI Joe ROC Baroness and a lot of material. This is the most complex soft goods outfit I've yet attempted, and while I am happy with how it came out, it isn't quite correct compared to the reference image - the corset hangs a bit lower than it should; the dress sits a little high; the "flair" is the wrong side of her knee; and perhaps there isn't quite enough cleavage exposed. Oh well.

Mousedroid-Hoojib
Here's Mort from SW Galaxies, a real "bitsa" of a figure that I hope I've done justice to:

tonphanan
The older non-articulated parts for Mort look good for the character. Not knocking them..they work. The fabric boot covers is a nice touch.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Here is Olana Chion, one of the victims of Order 66 in ROTS.

Andy
Nice work! I'm a fan of soft goods and female characters.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thanks for the comments everyone. It's most appreciated.

Next up, here is another bitsa figure - Sheltay Retrac from ROTS:

The cloak is a little bit too long and maybe a little bulky (particularly around the shoulders), and perhaps her waist makes her look like she is still pregnant with Winter, but I think that it came out pretty well all things considered.
Andy
I suck at customizing (that is why I have nothing to show (yet). I love soft goods on the figures and I am trying to incorporate them but I have big, gawky fingers AND my sewing skills blow chuncks. I like how you find a way to use soft goods. How do you deal with fraying on the materials?
Mousedroid-Hoojib
QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 14 2011, 01:23 AM) *
How do you deal with fraying on the materials?

I'm sure that other people have got their own tricks, but I tend to favour clear nail polish along the edges of the material, Andy. I just have to learn to be a little bit more careful when applying it as not only does it make the material hard, it can also stain lighter fabrics. One other useful trick that nail polish provides is the ability to stick material to plastic which can also reduce the need to stitch as much.
Yodaman
Very solid figure here, the soft goods are excellent. You are a rare class of customizers who can pull of top-notch soft goods on a regular basis. The head looks a bit too much like Padme IMO. I know there's a huge shortage of female heads in Star Wars scale, but I thought this was a Padme figure first until I looked at the picture of your cardback. Otherwise, good job.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thanks for the comment, Yodaman. I know I've still got a long way to go with my customs, and hopefully improving on my painting and/or sculpting skills might go a long way to turning old Padme heads into something less immediately recognisable.

In case you didn't already know, this particular outfit of Sheltay Retrac's was originally planned to be one of Padme's:
Andy
QUOTE (Mousedroid-Hoojib @ Feb 13 2011, 05:29 PM) *
I'm sure that other people have got their own tricks, but I tend to favour clear nail polish along the edges of the material, Andy. I just have to learn to be a little bit more careful when applying it as not only does it make the material hard, it can also stain lighter fabrics. One other useful trick that nail polish provides is the ability to stick material to plastic which can also reduce the need to stitch as much.

I have tried the nail polish but it made the material darker where it was applied. I was probably going too fast and using too much. I have tried fabric glue, also. Did the same thing as the polish. I considered trying to apply fabric directly to figures but worried mistakes could ruin the figure. Thanks for the advice. You have a high skill with the fabric work and I'm envious!
Mousedroid-Hoojib
For something a little different, here is Vergere as she appears in the Expanded Universe:

Considering that there are almost no SW parts in the figure, I think that it works quite well and fits in nicely with the figures in this thread thus far.
tonphanan
Your soft goods work seems to get better with each figure. I am liking your figures greatly. What head did you use for Vergere?
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thanks, tonphanan. I'm still learning all aspects of customisation so I guess that it is a good thing that generally each figure is a little better than the last. With the soft goods, I think that I'm getting a little bit more confident - particularly with stitching and creative cutting - and that is where the improvement is coming from. Hopefully I can get better still.

With the head for Vergere, it came from a cheap Chinese import shop werewolf figure here in Australia that likely is packaged under different names in different regions of the world - locally, it was called AW Toys "Destroyer Series" Demon. I glued the mane from the werewolf onto the back of the head and added some modelling clay for the beak, "horns" and the back of the head to fill it out. Prior to painting and adding the soft goods, she looked rather different, with the torso coming from a DC Infinite Heroes Qwardian Weaponer:

pbarny
The werewolf parts explain the bulk. It is nice, because there have been few if any attempts at this one but it doesn't really capture the whispy/frailness that Vegere says a Fosh has. The problem is there probably isn't a body that will allow this or it would be so delicate that if you blink at it, the plastic will snap.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
I'm not looking to start customising clones, but I thought that I would have a go to keep my eye in whilst looking at creating more non-SW characters.

From a scene deleted from ROTS, here is a Clone Trooper in Jedi Disguise from Decoy Squad Five:

I chose a Clone Wars Cody body (with a Jango head) given its smaller stature in comparison to the realistic style so as to not make the figure look too bulky when fully robed. Even though Decoy Squad Five are part of the 501st, I had a headless body from Cody lying around which I thought might go to use here. The colour scheme for the 212th match Jedi robes nicely.

And for a quick repaint, here is an Imperial Commando wearing Katarn Mark VI armour:

To make it interesting, I drilled a hole in the clone's back big enough to support the backpack from the POTF2 Crowd Control Stormtrooper deluxe figure. I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen this re-released by Hasbro in The Clone Wars line.
clonecommander972
impressed with the jedi clone, especially that you chose to sew a pair of pants for him! i mean, pants are hard enough to make as it is, let alone that size! very nice work, but i'll keep all my sewing to 1:1 scale for now tongue.gif
TND
nice work.. looks a lot like the reference. i've never heard of these troopers before. very clever. should have been in ROTS!!
It looks like you just sewed leggings, not complete pants, right? anyway..they look good. very original. i might have to copy it one day!!
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Born into a large farming family on a remote Outer Rim world under Imperial garrison, Yllek-Den's life was hard. From a young age, Yllek-Den was a constant thorn in the side of a garrison which was far more brutal than the standards that even the nascent Empire normally emposed. While the reports on the Holonet suggested he was a brute of a man, he earned much respect (and a fashionable green sash that he wore as a cummerbund) through his bravery, and although he did indeed commit crimes which led to him becoming an outlaw, he never stopped being an inspiration to his fellow subdjucated citizens.

Recipe:

* POTF2 Ponda Baba (for the chest, groin and legs)
* POTJ Bespin Guard (for the head)
* ROTS Mon Mothma (for the upper arms)
* Hasbro ROTLA Indiana Jones (for the forearms and hands)
* some modelling clay
* some household plastic
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Mithril Silver", "Kommando Khaki", "Regal Blue", "Bronzed Flesh", "Chestnut Ink", "Black Ink")

Once more a "bitsa" figure made from leftovers, Yllek-Den was something that I threw together as a bit of fun. It was quite a challenge to get the figure looking like he was wearing armour made out of flotsam and clothes which hadn't been washed for a long while. It's not perfect, but it also isn't supposed to be.

"I am a widow's son outlawed and my orders must be obeyed."

Mousedroid-Hoojib
From the Lethal Alliance game, here is a custom Rianna Saren and her droid companion Zeeo (Z-58-0):

Recipe:

* POTF2 Lyn Me (for the head)
* Hasbro Marvel Universe Kitty Pryde (for the entire body sans head)
* Hasbro Marvel Universe Extremis Armour Iron Man (for the shoulder armour)
* POTF2 Ponda Baba (for the pistol)
* some material
* some wire
* some modelling clay
* some household plastic
* some paint (Citadel "Vomit Brown", "Burnished Gold", "Boltgun Metal", "Chaos Black", "Fortress Grey", "Space Wolves Grey", "Blood Red", "Goblin Green")

In researching the details of the costume for the character I stumbled across a pretty serious problem - Rianna never seems to be presented the same way consistently. In some pictures, she has shoulder armour; in others, she has bare shoulders. Her top occasionally has straps; occasionally the front goes right up to her neck. The colour also seems to change between flat black and a blue-gray. And the biggest problem - the Thorn Of Ryloth that she wears on her arm seems to change sides which would suggest that she is either ambidexterous or isn't sure whether she is left or right handed. As such, I have taken some liberties with the outfit - I have decided that she wears the Thorn Of Ryloth on her left hand; that her costume is black, that her top is strapless and that her shoulder armour is not tied directly to her outfit and can be removed:

I wasn't originally planning on creating Z-58-0 but I thought if I could get it done relatively quickly, I would give it a go. For household flotsam, he could be a lot worse although obviously isn't as good as what Hasbro would give us were he ever on their radar:

A stormtrooper provides little resistance when Rianna and Zeeo tag team:

pbarny
QUOTE (Mousedroid-Hoojib @ Apr 17 2011, 02:46 AM) *
In researching the details of the costume for the character I stumbled across a pretty serious problem - Rianna never seems to be presented the same way consistently. In some pictures, she has shoulder armour; in others, she has bare shoulders. Her top occasionally has straps; occasionally the front goes right up to her neck. The colour also seems to change between flat black and a blue-gray. And the biggest problem - the Thorn Of Ryloth that she wears on her arm seems to change sides which would suggest that she is either ambidexterous or isn't sure whether she is left or right handed.

Welcome to the world of source chasing censored.gif rolleyes.gif At least she's staid the same species.

There's some great and some detracting here. The great is the over all figure, paint etc. She's fine. The detracting is the holster. I know you want removable, but the bulk starts to take away especially given how small/thin the legs are on the base figure. I wonder if a cast of a smaller holster some how attached wouldn't be better to fit the scale of the figure?
Mousedroid-Hoojib
I think that you might be onto something with the holster, pbarny. I did try to size it such that the gun would fit snugly inside, but in hindsight, that probably wasn't necessary to do. What might have been better was having it maybe half the size that it turned out to be and with the back of it open so that the gun doesn't need to be entirely encompassed by it. Perhaps using elasticised material (as used on the holster for the Lt Athena that I posted in the Miscellaneous Customs forum) rather than what I did might have also made a difference.

It's all a learning experience.
pbarny
QUOTE (Mousedroid-Hoojib @ Apr 17 2011, 07:23 PM) *
It's all a learning experience.

Good quote.

I was thinking about this...trying to offer a possible solution. What about using a ROC Scarlet Crossbow holster? I have several lying around.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thank-you so much for offering up suggestions to make this figure better, pbarny. It is very much appreciated.

I've recut the holster to be about 2/3 the length of previously and about half the width and have only sewn it together at the bottom rather than along its whole length. Hopefully it is much less distracting this time:

Maybe I need to worry about the boots next...
pbarny
She looks so much better. My eyes are no longer drawn to the holster saying,
QUOTE (pbarny)
Nine Corellian Hells, what the Fierfek is that?!?!?!
on her leg? Well the boots/pants transitions remind me of I Dream of Jeannie or a Pirate pre-Pirates of the Caribbean. Not so bad, just the focus/ratio has all been changed since the ratio/focus of the holster has been minimized.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Warning - this post contains pictures that might be distressing to some readers. They contain... lots of pink!

Here is a custom Viqi Shesh from the Expanded Universe:

Recipe:

* Hasbro GI Joe Rise Of Cobra Baroness (for the body, sans head)
* Hasbro Marvel Universe Black Widow (for the head, sans hair)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Blood Red")

There were a few liberties taken with the costume in comparison to the source material, but some of them couldn't be avoided due to the scale. That being said, I couldn't bring myself to paint candy-stripe patterns on the feet. It didn't quite turn out how I had planned, but it could be a lot worse.

As senator for Kuat, Viqi Shesh was in the perfect position to collaborate with the invading Vong:

Mousedroid-Hoojib
Here is another obscure senator from ROTS who never actually appeared in the film - Eeusu Estornii, or Senator Jacquito as she is sometimes referred to:

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio PO8-12 head
* Episode I Padme Naberrie (for the body sans head and arms)
* POTJ Bespin Guard (for the arms)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Rotting Flesh", "Bubonic Brown", "Dark Flesh", "Mithril Silver", "Chaos Black")

This is the first (but certainly not the last) custom which uses a head from SlayerDesignStudio which I purchased as part of their PO9 sale in February. I'm very impressed with the quality of the sculpt - it really made painting the details very easy when the sculpt was so good to start with. While I probably could have used a more articulated body than what I did, it didn't make a great deal of sense given the best reference material for the outfit I could find was dressed on a mannequin. Here is how the figure looked before paint and soft goods:

I'm happy with how this has come out even if there is a little bit of liberty taken with the costume:

Eeusu represents Ord Zeuol in the Galactic Senate:

pbarny
QUOTE (Mousedroid-Hoojib @ May 21 2011, 07:02 AM) *
* some material

Love that specific tidbit in the recipe. dry.gif

I love these more obscure background maybe never on camera or less than 3 milliseconds of screen time senators. The fact you do the soft goods on them all really is what makes them work. Any chance we could see a full Senatorial cloak room or debate of what you have completed so far? Doesn't matter if you mix the eras.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
I'll see what I can do with a senatorial group shot, pbarny. Looking back at some of the older figures - most notably Lolo Purs - makes me want to revisit the costumes given that I am sure that I could do better on them with the skills and material I've picked up more recently.
TND
I love the soft goods here. nice job with making her cloaks/gowns "flow"
I might suggest some "hard goods" for the neck piece, but this fig looks fantastic.

Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thanks for the comments, TND. I agree that if there is anything wrong with this particular figure, it is with the neckpiece. I'm not quite sure how to make it closer to the reference material... or if it really matters given how obscure the character is.

As requested by pbarny, here is a "class photo" of the senators I have visited thus far:

Even though it has only been a few months since I did them, I am more than a little embarrassed to be trotting out some of the older figures.

I did a quick update to Lolo Purs for this shot - nothing spectacular, but at least she looks better than she did previously:

Mousedroid-Hoojib
In the period roughly 700 years prior to the rise of Darth Sidious, the young padawan Yoda looked up to a group of Jedi who were equally adept with their fists as they were with a lightsaber. It was this "uncivilised" method of fighting that kept their exploits out of the Jedi Holocron and thus once their time past, they were forgotten by both the Republic and its later generation of protectors.

One of the most revered of these Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy was Jedi Master Ecurb-eel:

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "Head 13 They Call Me Bruce"

* GI Joe ROC Snake Eyes (for the entire body, sans head)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Dark Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Codex Grey", "Skull White", "Flesh Ink")

For the first of a planned cadre of Jedi, I thought that I would start relatively simple. I wanted the figure to be able to double as both a regular Bruce Lee figure and a Jedi, hence the entire outfit is removable. Hopefully I've done the head justice to both the sculptor and the man.

Ecurb-eel stands watch at the Jedi Temple on Ord Jeetkunedo:

Coming soon - Jedi Master Tretsim Loofehtytip...
TND

Mousedroid-Hoojib,

you are totally owning in the 4" scale soft goods. great job with the paint apps too. my only suggestion would be to give him a longer cloak..

have you considered working in the 12" scale....you could really take advantage of your sewing/soft goods, etc in that scale.

Mousedroid-Hoojib
Thank-you very much for the kind words TND - they are much appreciated.

I picked up a couple of Triad Toys 12" base bodies a month or so ago (the Eva head looks remarkably like Natalie Portman) with the intention of trying my hand at some larger scale customs, but haven't yet got firm plans to start anything.

I was thinking that maybe starting simple with something akin to Molly Mahoney from Mr Magorium might be a good first step though:

It may be a while before I get to this as I've got a long "wish-list" of customs in 3.75" scale that I would like to tackle first...
pbarny
QUOTE (Mousedroid-Hoojib @ Jun 5 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Thank-you very much for the kind words TND - they are much appreciated.

I picked up a couple of Triad Toys 12" base bodies a month or so ago (the Eva head looks remarkably like Natalie Portman) with the intention of trying my hand at some larger scale customs, but haven't yet got firm plans to start anything.

I was thinking that maybe starting simple with something akin to Molly Mahoney from Mr Magorium might be a good first step though:

It may be a while before I get to this as I've got a long "wish-list" of customs in 3.75" scale that I would like to tackle first...

Except that doll's got a rack, and well Portman doesn't, or didn't until she got knocked up. hypocrite.gif
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Here is padawan Ahsoka Tano in Cold Weather Gear, based upon a sketch by Grant Gould (grantgoboom on DeviantArt) and used in the SW Galaxy 5 Topps trading card series:

Recipe:

* Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano in Space Suit (for the head and lower legs)
* Clone Wars Padme Amidala in Adventure Gear (for the body sans head and lower legs)
* some material
* some wool
* some household plastic
* some paint (Citadel "Blazing Orange", "Rotting Flesh", "Dark Green Ink")
* a tiny bit of modelling clay

While I was initially trying to mimic the art seen above, I began to deviate (no pun intended) once I started sewing the costume together - after all, Ahsoka is a teenager so she likely has multiple costumes in her wardrobe for every occasion. I don't know that the pants work as well as they should, but I am happy with the jacket, vest and hood, even if working with the wool was a bit of a pain in the proverbial.

Ahsoka is ready to take on some "clankers" in the frozen wastes:

Mousedroid-Hoojib
One of the more overt Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy was Jedi Master Tretsim Loofehtytip. Where knights such as Ecurb-eel would revert to violence only where necessary, Tretsim would encourage his opponents to attack him through taunts, knowing full well that his skills would be more than their match.

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "Head-26 I pity the Fool"

* Hasbro Marvel Universe Union Jack (for the entire body, sans head)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Scorched Brown", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Burnished Gold")

More of a test of some new materials that I picked up from a $2 shop than something I went out of my way to make in this particular guise, this is probably better than it has any right to be. The pants are a shiny, leather-look material which will be used on a couple of other figures that I intend to visit shortly, with the top being from some 1:1 stockings which hopefully will end up being used for 1:18 stockings in future.

"I pity the fool who can't tame a Wampa."

Mousedroid-Hoojib
Known for his ability to triumph against all odds, Jedi Master Obmar Sly was a leading member of the Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy. While his relationship with Jedi Master Tretsim Loofehtytip was a little Rocky, he worked particularly well with other Jedi despite giving the impression of being somewhat Expendable.

Recipe:

* Slayer Design Studio "Head-11 FirstBlood"

* Marvel Universe Union Jack (for the entire body sans head)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Elf Flesh", "Red Gore", "Burnished Gold")

While the head is certainly First Blood era Rambo, I wanted to incorporate more Rocky inspired thematic elements into the costume (particularly given the previous Mr T Jedi), hence the colours. For something that was very quick to throw together, I think that this came out pretty well. I had originally painted the head a darker flesh tone, but from certain angles, he kinda-sorta then looked a bit like former Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram so I reverted back to the tried and true "Elf Flesh".

Obmar Sly rides his pet Varactyl into battle.

Seeker
A little rocky... LOL I love it.....Takes me back to the days Of celebrity cameos on the GI Joe Team...Great job guys!
Mousedroid-Hoojib
With confirmation from Hasbro in a recent Q&A that characters from the Outlander Club in Attack Of The Clones are not on the radar, I thought that the time was probably right to go back and revisit one of my first attempts at customisation - Nyrat Agira:

Recipe:

* Dragonball Evolution Bulma (for the head, sans hair)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for the entire body, sans head)
* some modelling clay
* some cheap, coloured hair extensions
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Red Gore", "Blood Red", "Chaos Black", "Skull White")

As a background character whose most notable claim to fame seems to be her underwear, Nyrat Agira probably doesn't deserve one custom figure, much less the two that I have now completed. Given that the first version that I did was in hindsight terrible...

... this new one gets much closer to what I wish Hasbro might release in the future. This is the first time that I've tried using "hair" on a custom - no doubt if I were to look back on this attempt in the future, I will think that that it is terrible too. It is all a learning process, after all.

"Where are those death-sticks when you need them?"

KateDaring52
Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Sitting front and centre of the Council of the Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy is perhaps the greatest Jedi Master of all time, Sirron Reklaw:

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "PO-8 Chuck PO- Chuck"
* Dragonball Evolution Piccolo (for the body, sans head)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for elements from the belt and wrist gauntlets)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Red Gore", "Bubonic Brown", "Chestnut Ink")

I didn't spend as much time on preparing this particular figure as I normally would, but I think that this has come out all the better for it. The robes are simple and there wasn't all that much to do on the paint given how spot-on the likeness is.

"You don't go looking for Sirron Reklaw; Sirron Reklaw goes looking for you."

pbarny
But if he's not wearing cowboy boots, it's incomplete. pinch.gif
Mousedroid-Hoojib
Here is George R. Binks, traditional whaler from Otoh Gunga and disappointed father of Jar Jar, as he appeared in issue 20 of Star Wars Tales:

I'm not sure of the legality of it, but you can read the entirety of his entry in this book here. Be warned though that the content in the second half of the story could be regarded as triggering, so please be careful.

Recipe:

* Hallmark 2001 Jar Jar Binks ornament (for the hands, ears and majority of the head, heavily modified)
* The Corps "Mirage" (for the body, sans head and hands)
* "World Jurassic" T.Rex (for the lower jaw)
* some wire
* some beads
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Bubonic Brown", "Graveyard Earth", "Bleached Bone", "Skull White", "Chaos Black")

Beyond there perhaps being still too much of a similarity to Jar Jar that I thought might be lessened by the significant modifications to the head and the different coloured paint, I think that this has come out reasonably well.

"We Binkses have a tradition that goes back hundreds of years, sailing across the seas on voyages that sometimes take us around the world..."

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.