Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar Issues
F F U R G > Site Updates > FFURG Updates
CorranHorn
Hi Everyone,

I notice we may be having issues with avatars that members are uploading to the forums. It seems some of them aren't necessarily showing up. I'm investigating the issue to see what the problem at this time and will let everyone know what the status is once I've got an update.

In the meantime, please keep in mind that any avatars uploaded to the site are limited to a maximum filesize of 20kb and dimensions of 64x64.

Thanks!
Jason
CorranHorn
Update: We're still working on the problem, if you uploaded an avatar prior to this post and were unable to view it, you should be able to now. If you cannot view your avatar, PM me and I'll look into as soon as I can. As of right now any future avatar uploads will not be viewable until further notice.

Thanks for your patience while we work this out.
CorranHorn
Update: No new news to mention other than if you uploaded an avatar since my last update, I've gone ahead and manually made them viewable. The short version of the long story is that when you upload avatars, the software is supposed to set permissions to the avatars to make them viewable, and for some reason still unknown to us it is not doing so. So until we can resolve the problem, we have to manually set the permissions. sad.gif
CorranHorn
Due to the continuing problems with making avatars show up immediately upon being uploaded to the FForums, we have temporarily removed the option of uploading avatars. You can still use avatars from a list supplied in My Controls or avatars you have on remote sites. Updates will continue as more information is available.

Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.