Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why clone troopers turn yellow ?
F F U R G > Your Customs > 3.75" Scale Star Wars Customs
juanix2
hey guys i have a collection of clone troopers but i have notice that some of them in certain parts of the white armour turn yellow small dots of yellow appear in their armor , i dont know what to do to stop this or to clean it and return my figure to it original state , i have traid many things , wash it with water and soap and many other things but none work .

i hope somebody can tlle why this happens , how to clean it or how to prevent it to happen...

thanks.
clonecommander972
it usually turns yellow from over exposure to sunlight, i believe. there's not really any way to fix it, as it's caused by the plastic itself warping.
someone else may have a way to try and fix it though.
juanix2
QUOTE (clonecommander972 @ Jul 18 2010, 02:16 PM) *
it usually turns yellow from over exposure to sunlight, i believe. there's not really any way to fix it, as it's caused by the plastic itself warping.
someone else may have a way to try and fix it though.

but my clones are in a gloss box inside my house away from sunligth , mm and i notice that sanding this parts with a sandpaper type 1500 it dissapears but in some parts is difficult to do it because you may damage the details of he figure or remove paint.

any other idea ???
Delaton
Does anyone smoke in your house? Are there any crafts done in the house that would involve heating something like candles, soap, etc? Is the glass case located near a kitchen?
juanix2
hey dude , no man , no one smokes, or is any kind source that raise the temperature in my room that is actually cold ...

juanix2
no more ideas jaja well, to anyone that reads this i have a question.... do you clean your troopers?? if you do what do you use ???
pbarny
Air can to blow out the dust. That's it. If I take them outside for dio work and they get muddy, warm soapy water. Beyond that, there's the whole organic extraction guide in the HOW TO SECTION.
Mel357
Dip em in peroxide, it'll whiten them up.
juanix2
QUOTE (Mel357 @ Jul 19 2010, 08:38 PM) *

peroxide? sorry dude im not familiar to that , wha it is a where can i found it?? and dosen damage or remove paints???
meandnooneelse
Hydrogen Peroxide. The topical antiseptic in the brown plastic bottle. You can get it at any drug store, super market, even dollar general.
pbarny
QUOTE (Mel357 @ Jul 19 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I hope you're joking, these aren't dentures or hair bleaching. Although there is some validity, since the peroxide will donate an electron pair (more than likely) back into the ringss of the colored dyes, it doesn't guarantee that the color will be restored.

QUOTE (juanix2 @ Jul 20 2010, 10:46 AM) *
peroxide? sorry dude im not familiar to that , wha it is a where can i found it?? and dosen damage or remove paints???

QUOTE (meandnooneelse @ Jul 20 2010, 11:15 AM) *
Hydrogen Peroxide. The topical antiseptic in the brown plastic bottle. You can get it at any drug store, super market, even dollar general.

If and only in the US. It is a strong oxidizer and depending on concentrations (30% can and will disolve bones) can be found in different locations, but the best bet is a pharmacy no matter where you live.

There's not much you can do, the plastic has changed. Does the plastic have a gooey/soft/sticky feel to it? Or did it seem to be sweating?
Kaje
They also stock Hydrogen Peroxide at reasonable prices at all optometrists across the world as it's an active cleaner for contact lenses.
pbarny
QUOTE (Kaje @ Jul 20 2010, 11:46 AM) *
They also stock Hydrogen Peroxide at reasonable prices at all optometrists across the world as it's an active cleaner for contact lenses.

Disenfectant. I know. I used to use an H202 system before I changed to an even softer and longer wearing lens. I would still avoid using it to clean figures till you answer my questions.
Kaje
Good. Glad you know. Very pleased.

QUOTE (pbarny @ Jul 20 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Disenfectant. I know. I used to use an H202 system before I changed to an even softer and longer wearing lens. I would still avoid using it to clean figures till you answer my questions.
juanix2
QUOTE (pbarny @ Jul 20 2010, 11:44 AM) *
I hope you're joking, these aren't dentures or hair bleaching. Although there is some validity, since the peroxide will donate an electron pair (more than likely) back into the ringss of the colored dyes, it doesn't guarantee that the color will be restored.

If and only in the US. It is a strong oxidizer and depending on concentrations (30% can and will disolve bones) can be found in different locations, but the best bet is a pharmacy no matter where you live.

There's not much you can do, the plastic has changed. Does the plastic have a gooey/soft/sticky feel to it? Or did it seem to be sweating?

no dude man the plastic havent change at all, is just some yellow dots on the figures, i will post a picture...
Mel357
The stuff you get at the dollar tree is pretty safe.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys...most-ready.html

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-cust...ange-works.html

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys...errordrome.html

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys...hite-again.html

Just do one to start with, that way, if it does screw em up, you only messed up one. And if it does mess it up, let me know and I will send you a replacement...(only to Juanix) Juan, what he meant by the plastic changing is a chemical change, the only thing you notice is the yellowing.
juanix2
hey thank you very much i going to try it on my clone troopers , thanks for the pictures now i convence it works!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.