Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Casting Call #59- Clone Wars Style OT and beyond
F F U R G > Your Customs > 3.75" Scale Star Wars Customs
Pages: 1, 2
tonphanan
With Casting Call: Rebel Troops being extended I wanted to take the extra time to find the next Casting Call. Submit your ideas everyone. Take a look at the old CC's to get an idea on what we have done and the type of projects that make up CC's.

Here are some suggestions to get this started.

Sith Witch

NJO Core Characters- Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, Mara, The Solo Childern

NJO Non-core (non-Jedi) or support characters-Wedge,Talon

3 3/4 unleashed (any character, just has to be in an action pose with environment base)

Wraith Squadron (Pilot uniform, undercover, covert ops also would include supporting characters. Must be from books)

NJO Rogue Squadron (Based on the NJO series of books. In or out of Pilot attire)
clonecommander972
i like the 3/75 unleashed idea smile.gif
another one that could be interesting (and probably dominated by spectre) would be a crossover CC smile.gif
Sgt Humpty
All of these sounds interesting to me. But before I throw support firmly behind one idea or another, I would truly love to hear a couple of ideas from some of the newer folks. If you never suggested a topic before, try coming up with one now!
Delaton
Thanks for prompting this guys. Jaosn and I have been reoccupied lately, each with our own family stuff. Let me think about some potential topics and I'll post them here.
pbarny
1001 Kawakian Monkey Lizards
Usual blurb, WotC Minis (any)
tonphanan
QUOTE (pbarny @ Dec 15 2009, 10:58 PM) *
1001 Kawakian Monkey Lizards

Wouldn't you know. I am ONE Monkey Lizard short...

Suggestions:

Jedi Kight/Jedi Master Dooku

A Yakface.com favorite-The Lost Twenty. There are only of few of the Twenty that are named so it can be a half fan-fic half actual character, but this one might get too crazy with a bunch of Fan fic designs so it's up to the community on this one.
pbarny
QUOTE (tonphanan @ Dec 15 2009, 10:42 PM) *
Wouldn't you know. I am ONE Monkey Lizard short...

-The Lost Twenty. There are only of few of the Twenty that are named so it can be a half fan-fic half actual character, but this one might get too crazy with a bunch of Fan fic designs so it's up to the community on this one.

Isn't it 21 or 22 depending on how you count the Jedi in the Republic Commando books? Jusik does leave, and Etain is on her way. Plus who are the others or just go with the statues in the Jedi Archives?

And the Monkey lizard idea, I am serious...how many can we do!
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (pbarny @ Dec 17 2009, 12:13 PM) *
Isn't it 21 or 22 depending on how you count the Jedi in the Republic Commando books? Jusik does leave, and Etain is on her way. Plus who are the others or just go with the statues in the Jedi Archives?

And the Monkey lizard idea, I am serious...how many can we do!

I think that you can't really count those who left the Jedi Order around the time of Order 66. Paul may choose to debate it all day (LOL), but that's my opinion.

I have a couple of Monkey Lizards... I can't really say that I've ever given them much thought, but I think that everyone probably has room for a generic one as a background character, somewhere in a diorama. I'd do at least one. I think that's a pretty cool idea, but you'd have to expect low participation because I'm not sure how many would agree with me on that.
tonphanan
I was going with original Twenty. Before the Republic Commando books. Like I said it would mainly be fan fic. Not a project i want to take on in this forum. I was just tossing the idea around.

Monkey lizards?? I think I blew mine up in the failed mixture of casting resin. Funny idea, maybe for another time though.
pbarny
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Dec 17 2009, 12:55 PM) *
I think that you can't really count those who left the Jedi Order around the time of Order 66. Paul may choose to debate it all day (LOL), but that's my opinion.

QUOTE (tonphanan @ Dec 17 2009, 09:58 PM) *
I was going with original Twenty. Before the Republic Commando books. Like I said it would mainly be fan fic. Not a project i want to take on in this forum. I was just tossing the idea around.

We know Callista and her Master are considered in the Lost 20 but they never really considered themselves lost to the order, to round out the list a bit.
The Spectre
I loike the Crossover idea. I'd like to see some other customizers' takes on the concept of adding characters/devices/concepts from other media into the Star Wars Universe.
tonphanan
QUOTE (The Spectre @ Dec 21 2009, 02:08 PM) *
I loike the Crossover idea. I'd like to see some other customizers' takes on the concept of adding characters/devices/concepts from other media into the Star Wars Universe.

I've been thinking about the crossover idea and want to know what type of crossover would folks like to try? Here we have done sports teams and I think someone did Muppets.
clonecommander972
i was thinking along the lines of what spectre does, writing other lines/characters into the star wars universe. or writing star wars characters into other universes! tongue.gif
pbarny
I'm only going to speak out against an idea...

The Lost 20 is not very viable. Most CC's have had source material to draw from. Unless some one wants to take the time to do the screen shots the busts in the Jedi Archives are the lost 20. There isn't any mention of more than 2 possibly three more beyond Dooku out there (Read Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil when it was only 16 or so). The busts are the Lost 20, with each having a plaque describing their service, but not their reasons for leaving the order.
tonphanan
QUOTE (pbarny @ Jan 2 2010, 09:26 PM) *
I'm only going to speak out against an idea...

The Lost 20 is not very viable. Most CC's have had source material to draw from. Unless some one wants to take the time to do the screen shots the busts in the Jedi Archives are the lost 20. There isn't any mention of more than 2 possibly three more beyond Dooku out there (Read Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil when it was only 16 or so). The busts are the Lost 20, with each having a plaque describing their service, but not their reasons for leaving the order.

I had already spoken out against doing the Lost Twenty not long after suggesting it because it would end up as an almost ALL fan fic project which is something our Casting Calls do not normally use. I have no problems dropping the Lost Twenty from the list, but we also have not had any other suggestions aside from the crossover concept "Spectre Style".

I will do some brainstorming and see if I can come up with more ideas. If ANYONE has ANY ideas or suggestions please feel free to speak up.
tonphanan
More ideas:

Padawan Pack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padawan_Pack

Alto Stratus:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alto_Stratus

Mirith Sinn:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mirith_Sinn

Kenix Kil:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kenix_Kil

Imperial Interim Ruling Council (I'd open this up to any character(s) on the page list)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interim_Cou...cil_of_Blood.22
pbarny
Concept/Book Art...All sources

Main Characters like Kawakian Monkey Lizards (refinement of the 1001 Monkey Lizzard idea, but a twist on the Star Wars M-Pire).

Other M-Pire characters not seen.

Imperial Inqusitors and Emperor's Hands. (Tremayne, Blackhole, Lumiya, Marek Steele, Savric Qest, Imorganda Isbain (sp) etc).
Note, don't make suggestions when doing all from recall
clonecommander972
what about a "battle of jambiim"CC? that would fit in with ton's first two suggestions, as well as open for some more possibilities~
pbarny
I got an idea, but no way to participate with it...

What about making OT characters Clone Wars toon like?

Which battle of Jabiim are you referring to? There's been three (two in the Clone Wars, 1 in the Galactic Civil War (Rebellion).
clonecommander972
hmmm...thats an interesting idea~
i was referring to the one from the clone wars comics (the ones featuring alto stratus)
Ben Skywalker
What about a Lost Tribe of the Sith (from the new FOTJ series) cc?
pbarny
QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Jan 7 2010, 10:22 AM) *

There's problems in that they really aren't all that fleshed out yet. One book/reference is really a poor deciscion because there is enough in the backlog to step up first.
tonphanan
QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Jan 7 2010, 11:22 AM) *

Once more information on the characters to to light this would be a good suggestion. I'm trying to go through the suggestions so far and make up a top 5 we can vote from. Help me out FFURGers, what are people leaning towards or offer up more suggestions. If nothing else the suggestions here will help future Casting Calls.
pbarny
QUOTE (tonphanan @ Jan 7 2010, 08:20 PM) *
Once more information on the characters to to light this would be a good suggestion. I'm trying to go through the suggestions so far and make up a top 5 we can vote from. Help me out FFURGers, what are people leaning towards or offer up more suggestions. If nothing else the suggestions here will help future Casting Calls.

I'll help you with lost tribe of the Sith. Really, the Sith are just humans who dress in really nice clothes (think Nute Gunery style robes) while the species they enslaves is humanoid, but the author drones on more and more about the clothes than the actual species difference. So, further bad idea.

If I was to have the time, ability and space, (have none till we move out of the current apartment), I'd go for Classic Characters done in Clone Wars line (current) style.
Engel
QUOTE (pbarny @ Jan 5 2010, 04:54 PM) *
What about making OT characters Clone Wars toon like?

Hi I'm a newbie (to the forum and customizing in general) but this sounds like an awesome idea.
It's very accessible...great for people who haven't kept up with the latest comics and books.
(I only read X-Wing up to the 4th one before Wraith squadron blushing.gif )

EDIT: Actually why not make it any SW character so people can get their EU groove on biggrin.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (Engel @ Jan 9 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Hi I'm a newbie (to the forum and customizing in general) but this sounds like an awesome idea.
It's very accessible...great for people who haven't kept up with the latest comics and books.
(I only read X-Wing up to the 4th one before Wraith squadron blushing.gif )

EDIT: Actually why not make it any SW character so people can get their EU groove on biggrin.gif

No reason why it couldn't be expanded. I just went with OT characters in that style to limit the focus. It also intentionally excludes other prequal/CW era characters.
darthschroeder
"I'd go for Classic Characters done in Clone Wars line (current) style. "

Being lazy, sorry if this was brought up earlier:

I like the classic characters in CW style. BUT, I think CW characters in realistic style would be more fun..... (and I know people have made those...)

d
pbarny
QUOTE (darthschroeder @ Jan 11 2010, 03:03 PM) *
"I'd go for Classic Characters done in Clone Wars line (current) style. "

Being lazy, sorry if this was brought up earlier:

I like the classic characters in CW style. BUT, I think CW characters in realistic style would be more fun..... (and I know people have made those...)

d

In a way, it was and is still being done already by Hasbro, especially at the start of the Legacy line. Plus, every time they release a Clone trooper in Saga Legends or a new Cody etc in the Legacy line...Unless you're talking about putting clone armor forearms on every Jedi (how boring and would get OLD fast)...Much more interesting to make wide eyed versions of Han, Luke and Leia imo.
tonphanan
For a Clone Wars style of OT and beyond. What are we looking for? The super skinny figures Hasbro produces or the style with the sharp edges and bright colors.
pbarny
QUOTE (tonphanan @ Jan 11 2010, 09:56 PM) *
The super skinny figures Hasbro produces

That is either not on your pegs or hanging there next to Saga legends... dry.gif
tonphanan
Looks like we have 3 votes for Clone Wars Style OT + EU (Nothing Prequel or Prequel Era).

I am going to throw in Clone Wars Battle of Jabiim, Jedi Dooku and "Spectre Style" Crossover into the voting pool.

Post your votes or PM them to me. If I don't see anything else we will go with the Clone Wars Style Casting Call.

Voting ends January 31.
tonphanan
Only one week left to vote FFURGers. Looks like we are going to go with Clone Wars style customs, but if would like something else to get a shot be sure to make your voice heard.
Sgt Humpty
I'm disappointed that we won't be doing Kowakian Monkey Lizards... I suppose I can come up with an OT character in CW style, though. Sound like a cool concept.
pbarny
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Jan 24 2010, 03:47 PM) *
I'm disappointed that we won't be doing Kowakian Monkey Lizards... I suppose I can come up with an OT character in CW style, though. Sound like a cool concept.

Or you can try to make a Kowakian Monkey Lizard in a CW style. Best of both worlds. thumbup.gif
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (pbarny @ Jan 25 2010, 10:04 AM) *
Or you can try to make a Kowakian Monkey Lizard in a CW style. Best of both worlds. thumbup.gif

Don't tempt me, wabbit! Don't tempt me...
tonphanan
Our next Casting Call will be Clone Wars Style OT/EU figures. Any character from Episode 4- the most current post Battle of Yavin EU. By Clone Wars Style I am referring to the current Clone Wars cartoon design.

If we can get 10 people to submit customs I will look into a random prize drawing, (Out of my own pocket) similar to Yakinfinities.

Casting Call will run from February 1-April 3rd. Gives everyone just over two months to things done.
Sgt Humpty
Cool! I'll get started on ideas!
pbarny
QUOTE (tonphanan @ Jan 30 2010, 11:34 AM) *
If we can get 10 people to submit customs I will look into a random prize drawing, (Out of my own pocket) similar to Yakinfinities.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! dry.gif Wait, you don't have to physically reach in there, well that's different.

Let me know if I can help by buying some figures (and either being reimbursed or trading something) to any and all. I may not be able to make something, but I can enable things to be made. I'm also free to bounce ideas off of.

Remember, BIG EYES!!!
tonphanan
Can i get an Admin to sticky this topic? Thanks headbanging2.gif
pbarny
Anybody need me to be on the look out for any particular figure?
tonphanan
I've got two figures started. Need to finish up some other stuff first so I spend more time working on these. I am making a Cade Skywalker, the head Hasbro produce is cartoonish anyway, and Darth Kryat.
tonphanan
Cade Skywalker

Head-Cade
Body- CW Clone trooper
Arms-CW Count Dooku
Jacket-ROC Cobra Commander

I think I am going to drop my Darth Kryat plans for the time being and make a CW style Han.

Only a few more week for this CC guys. I know CW is not too popular in these parts, but it would be nice to see some other peoples take on a character. Remember the only restriction is that it has to be Episode IV and further.
pbarny
He's animated...wait, Cade has always been animated...

I dare say he's almost a totaly hybrid of animated and vintage. Top it off, the old Dark Empire pop up scene gives a nice background too.
tonphanan
Han Solo

Body-Cad Bane
Arms-Upper is Cad Bane,lower..TAC gunner Solo
Head-TAC gunner Solo
Bloodstripes-painted stickers

I had to fill in the gad between the upper and lower arm. My sanding still needs work dry.gif Had to cut down and glue the holster.
pbarny
No offense, but if you would've gone with CW Anakin head painted much darker brown in the hair, I think that would've worked too. This just reminds me of a Ultra Anorexic VOTC version of the guy.
tonphanan
I thought about using the Anakin head, but that would have been a dark haired Anakin dressed as Han Solo.
meandnooneelse
Me likey! Your take on the blood stripes is just genious! I think overall he really fits the clone wars animated style. Your repainting of the eyes makes him really work.
tonphanan
Actually I repainted the face a brighter skin tone. More cartooinish I felt. The eyes are unaltered.
meandnooneelse
QUOTE (tonphanan @ Mar 23 2010, 07:19 PM) *
Actually I repainted the face a brighter skin tone. More cartooinish I felt. The eyes are unaltered.
Hmmm, they look a lil' bigger than the factory paint jobs.
tonphanan
One Week remaining folks. Then we can put this one behind us and make a mini ESB dio.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.