Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FFURG Casting Call #55
F F U R G > Your Customs > 3.75" Scale Star Wars Customs
Pages: 1, 2
Sgt Humpty
This is the official thread for FFURG Casting Call #55. In conjunction with the 5 year anniversary of the FFURG FForums, the special topic is: "Customs of Us - Revisited". Please submit your customs on this thread. This thread is also be the place for critiques, questions and comments on the submitted customs. The casting call shall be "open" during the month of May. At the end of the month, the submissions shall be gathered together and casting call will be posted on the main FFURG page. Any custom submitted after the casting call is posted will still be added to it, just not in time for the initial debut.

Those looking for inspiration should check out the original "
Customs of Us
" casting call from way back in December of 1999. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can all cook up this time around.

Happy customizing!
meandnooneelse
Don, shouldn't this have gone in the 3.75 customs section?
Sgt Humpty
Yes, it should have. I am not quite sure how I managed to do that! I'm sure that one of our friendly neighborhood mods would be happy to move it for us!
pbarny
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Apr 16 2009, 05:26 PM) *
Yes, it should have. I am not quite sure how I managed to do that! I'm sure that one of our friendly neighborhood mods would be happy to move it for us!

And please STICKY IT!!! Sticky it real good!!! blink.gif
Delaton
ph34r.gif
pbarny
First trade request, if anyone out there needs to dump a PotF2 Han Solo torso, please let me know.
Delaton
I have a couple but I think they're Endor or Bespin.
Sgt Humpty
I'll have to double-check, but I'm sure that I have one I can send you.
pbarny
QUOTE (Delaton @ Apr 17 2009, 09:14 PM) *
I have a couple but I think they're Endor or Bespin.

No thanks on the Endor. The Bespin one might work...

QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Apr 18 2009, 11:44 AM) *
I'll have to double-check, but I'm sure that I have one I can send you.

Please do.

It's about having the vest/jacket on. I'm going to try to incorporate into a lab coat.

And Gene, oh spell checker--cool avatar too, fixed! Thanks.
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (pbarny @ Apr 18 2009, 05:57 PM) *
Please do.

It's about having the vest/jacket on. I'm going to try to incorporate into a lab coat.

PM sent!

Are you planning to make yourself as a mad Imperial scientist??
Ben Skywalker
Don, How do I send in a submission and who do I send it to?
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Apr 19 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Don, How do I send in a submission and who do I send it to?

Ben,

Just click the "Add Reply" button and post it in this thread!
Ben Skywalker
That was easy.

And there you you have it me in my Confederate uniform!
Edit:
Sgt Humpty

This is the second version I've done of "Sgt Jak Kona". My wife and kids thought that the head on the original figure looked so much like me, that I developed the Rebel Alliance/New Republic Marine backstory around certain parts of my life (I was a U.S. Marine for almost 10 years). The character's first name, Jak, was derived from the first letter of the first names of my wife (Jen), son (Adam) and daughter (Kate). The last name, Kona, is actually my first name in Hawaiian (I was stationed there for over 5 years). And, yes, you guessed it, I was a Sergeant when I got out. You could say that this character is the way I'd see myself if I had been born a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I decided that although the first version probably could have been posted here, I wanted to do something new, specifically for the casting call. The recipe and backstory can be found here. The original figure can be seen here. I think that I will probably continue to expand upon this character, the way Chewie has done with his Rykrof Enloe character.

Edit: Okay, I thought it would be fun to add a photo of myself to show the resemblance. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how much it actually looks like me.
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Apr 20 2009, 08:44 AM) *
That was easy. And there you you have it me in my Confederate uniform!

That's a pretty good likeness, Ben! The colors are a good match, too. The only problem I see is the paint at the elbow and shoulder joints, which is a fairly common issue. I think some folks have solved it by sanding the joints before painting and then sealing them after the paint has dried. Happy customizing!
uiesaentdtts
Sgt Humpty
Nice looking figure, uiesaentdtts! I don't think I recognize any of the parts. What did you use for this?
pbarny
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Apr 20 2009, 11:19 PM) *
Nice looking figure, uiesaentdtts! I don't think I recognize any of the parts. What did you use for this?

The head is Ganner Krieg. I'm guessing on the rest here, but pants are Mutt Williams, probably the torso too, but the arms are they GI Joe DTC Barrel Roll?
Ben Skywalker
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Apr 20 2009, 08:11 PM) *
That's a pretty good likeness, Ben! The colors are a good match, too. The only problem I see is the paint at the elbow and shoulder joints, which is a fairly common issue. I think some folks have solved it by sanding the joints before painting and then sealing them after the paint has dried. Happy customizing!

Thanks! actually the shoulder joint is just where the arm doesn't quite fit into th torso.
uiesaentdtts
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Apr 21 2009, 12:19 AM) *

The head is Ganner Krieg, the torso, arms, and upper legs are Mutt Williams, and the lower legs are Rebel honor guard.
pbarny
QUOTE (uiesaentdtts @ Apr 21 2009, 06:25 PM) *
The head is Ganner Krieg, the torso, arms, and upper legs are Mutt Williams, and the lower legs are Rebel honor guard.

That the jacketed Mutt Williams arms than?
meandnooneelse
QUOTE (pbarny @ Apr 22 2009, 11:56 AM) *
That that jacketed Mutt Williams arms than?
English please...
pbarny
QUOTE (meandnooneelse @ Apr 22 2009, 02:07 PM) *
English please...

No esta roto no mas. Es mucho mejor, Sr. Gene.

I did want to ask about how the leg combo came to be. I wouldn't have thought those 2 legs conceptually would fit. Did you decide that you wanted to change the lower legs and just started goign through the parts bin until something fit?
clonecommander972
well, i have two figures to do for this, but my first one is done. i'll also get a ref later on~
welll, here's me thumbup.gif

uiesaentdtts
How did you get that scar over your right eye, clonecommander? tongue.gif
clonecommander972
QUOTE (uiesaentdtts @ Apr 22 2009, 09:35 PM) *
How did you get that scar over your right eye, clonecommander? tongue.gif

we're learning swing dancing in music class, and lets just leave it at that... blushing.gif
Yodaman
Nice, just noticed this. I can probably do one, more towards the end of this month rather than earlier.
pbarny
This is just a reminder (including a self reminder), that it's now May, time for the 5th Year Celebration to begin full swing. Participation is not mandatory, but in a self policing grass roots manner encouraged to avoid being called the illegitimate child of a Kawakian Monkey Lizard and Jar-Jar Binks. dry.gif

holiday.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifholiday.gif

Thanks to all who have posted and to all who are working and will post as soon as the paint dries and the camera can be taken out in good light!

And here's to 5 more years, server and community willing! beer.gif
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (pbarny @ May 4 2009, 05:03 PM) *
This is just a reminder (including a self reminder), that it's now May, time for the 5th Year Celebration to begin full swing. Participation is not mandatory, but in a self policing grass roots manner encouraged to avoid being called the illegitimate child of a Kawakian Monkey Lizard and Jar-Jar Binks. dry.gif

holiday.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif holiday.gif

Thanks to all who have posted and to all who are working and will post as soon as the paint dries and the camera can be taken out in good light!

And here's to 5 more years, server and community willing! beer.gif

And even if you ARE the illegitimate child of a Kowakian monkey lizard and Jar-Jar Binks, we still encourage you to participate! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone can cook up!
meandnooneelse
I'm working on it and all of a sudden I'm in the process of moving and Clear Channel let 3 employees go from our cluster so my responsibilities have increased by 40%. I hope to be done with my figure by the end of May. I've already got my oldest son, Nevan done. I'm working on a trade with James for parts to make my other SW loving son, Aiden. I have the parts to make most of "me" but it's slow going. I will post pics of all of them all together when I'm done.
Sgt Humpty
Gene, I have no doubt it will be worth the wait!
pbarny

Well here is my take on "science" dress, something I never do. I'm wearing gloves and a lab coat, 2 things I rarely if ever wear (they get dirty and contaminated, plus I don't work with anything that harmful these days). The beard is all about the baby. I get 9 months of scratching if she gets 9 months of playing human incubator. Overall recipe: Dutch Vander head, PotF2 Vader legs, PotF2 Bespin Han body, PotF2 Royal Guard Arms. While Vander isn't the best fit, covering the beard, the part of the hair, and the size to be in proportion with the rest of the body ends up being the most acceptable solution.

QUOTE ('pbarny')
Who censored.gif with my glassware?

Sgt Humpty
Aren't lab coats usually a bit longer? Just teasing.

I'm digging it. Customizing yourself would be easier without facial hair, wouldn't it?

pbarny
QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ May 10 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Aren't lab coats usually a bit longer? Just teasing.

I'm digging it. Customizing yourself would be easier without facial hair, wouldn't it?

Except right now i'm past Amish and approaching Taliban on beard length. It's part of the baby deal, wife has them, I just grow a beard during the trying and carying portion. If it could be the other way around, we'd try it.
Delaton
Paul, your hands seem bloated....
Sgt Humpty
QUOTE (Delaton @ May 10 2009, 09:01 PM) *

It's part of the baby deal. blink.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (Delaton @ May 10 2009, 09:01 PM) *

Your literacy and your health seem to be directly related. I'm wearing gloves (which is also why the skin tones don't match). rolleyes.gif

Perhaps I should explain. If something is bad enough for me to wear a lab coat and gloves, I'm going to be layering about 3-4 gloves on so as I move from thing to thing, and gloves become damaged, I don't have to take the time to reglove all the time, just peel away a layer when done. Plus as no one ever seen the oversized gloves from "hot" both temperature and radioactive besides me? They're thicker than oven mits.
Sgt Humpty
I liked my explanation better...
meandnooneelse
What gets me is the arms seem way too long for the figure. He looks like he has gorilla arms... OOH! OOH! AH! AH! Maybe you could cut off the hands, trim the arms and reglue the hands.
pbarny
QUOTE (meandnooneelse @ May 11 2009, 03:34 PM) *
What gets me is the arms seem way too long for the figure. He looks like he has gorilla arms... OOH! OOH! AH! AH! Maybe you could cut off the hands, trim the arms and reglue the hands.

Seriously, my hands are almost to my knees. What am I supposed to do? blushing.gif I didn't ask for short legs (which there are none in the SW line) relative to my torso. There's problems, but I can only work with what Hasbro gives me, ~13 years ago. Now time to tease Gene. I also don't wear leather pants. Holding that up too? dry.gif I'm only 6'1" wear a size 54 long coat, 19.5" neck, and carry ~11% body fat according to my last physical. For dress shirts, I have to take the arms off shirts that are much bigger than my torso's fit. Cotton shirts i just stretch and never put in the dryer. I'm an odd shape that doesn't look that odd till you start to study me for a bit because it is so out of whack.

Plus, where else can/could I use those parts. Been holding on to them for close to 4 years now. I think the problem is that the legs both on the Vader and the torso itself are put into that weird stance. If it was more neutral, probably wouldn't be so odd.
meandnooneelse
QUOTE (pbarny @ May 11 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Seriously, my hands are almost to my knees. What am I supposed to do? blushing.gif I didn't ask for short legs (which there are none in the SW line) relative to my torso. There's problems, but I can only work with what Hasbro gives me, ~13 years ago. Now time to tease Gene. I also don't wear leather pants. Holding that up too? dry.gif I'm only 6'1" wear a size 54 long coat, 19.5" neck, and carry ~11% body fat according to my last physical. For dress shirts, I have to take the arms off shirts that are much bigger than my torso's fit. Cotton shirts i just stretch and never put in the dryer. I'm an odd shape that doesn't look that odd till you start to study me for a bit because it is so out of whack.
Could be worse. You could look like Don. JK!
CorranHorn
Hi All,

I was a little slow on this (big shock eh?) but as I was updating the site tonight with a new Casting Call update I also made an announcement on the main page for the new Casting Call. The logo for the Casting Call was a bit rushed as I've got to log off shortly, so I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking a crack at making the logo for this CC since it's driven by you the members. If anyone is interested let me know and show off your stuff. smile.gif

Cheers!
Jason
tonphanan
ME

My Tattoo's

Parts are Talon Karrde body, Canor Jax head, Dr. Jones SR. glasses. A POTF2 Fett Bantha skull. The paint job on the flesh area did not come out as clean as I had hoped and it shows alot more in the pictures than it really does.

As for the shirt it says Grill SGT. That was my nickname at the ballpark I worked at as a cook and manager. My Austin Tat is my daughter's name and the Bantha skull is my hardcore Star Wars appreciation. I could have drawn it, but it would not have come out clean.
Sgt Humpty
Great figure, James! I was wondering when we were going to see one from you!

The parts work well together. I didn't know they made glasses that small! As for the paint, I think there are only a couple areas where it really stands out (next to the bantha skull is most prominent) and it doesn't really hurt the figure IMO. Happy customizing!
Sgt Humpty
Okay folks, it's the 18th day of May and we've had only six submissions. I know there are some really talented people we haven't heard from yet!!!
Yodaman
Here's my contribution.

A reference photo first:

Now the custom.

Recipe:

Head- Dred Priest
Body- Mutt Williams
Glasses- NECA Harry Potter

I know I'm more heavyset than my custom, but that's pretty much what I wear every day and there really aren't any parts from heavier characters that would work for this.

Here are some pictures I took for fun and particular to fulfill some longtime fantasies.

For some reason, customizing seems a lot creepier in this scale.

Delaton
I like the sneakers. Nice job.
pbarny
What's the deal with the punching picture? Gloves or Force power? ph34r.gif

I see you took one for the team and bought a Mutt Williams some place on clearance wondering where am I ever going to use this poo.gif
Yodaman
That's just supposed to be force energy or magic energy or whatever. Like the fighting Vader picture, having superpowers and punching out Nazis is something I will only ever be able to do in figure form thumbup.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!
Sgt Humpty
Ha! This is an excellent figure! I love the glasses (this is the second time that I've had to say I didn't realize they made 'em that small). The action shots are great, too! Happy customizing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.