Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Treatment
F F U R G > Community > Off-Topic
Desfiy
Well I have some news about my Ulner Nerve Damage and 2 types of RSD, the news is I start a new treatment on Tuesday of Next Week, the treatment is going to be real fun, not, lol.

It involves me getting injections into my neck, they are pain blockers, the operation should be plain sailing, however it is not without its risks as it could collapse one of my lungs, however I am sure everything will go ok and I will be back on here come Tuesday night.

What they do is insert a needle from the front of my neck and push it through to the back of it until it reaches the spine, and then they inject the pain blocker.

I am told it will feel like a bee sting when it goes in just a real nasty one, the whole procedure will be over within minutes but they are going to be the longest few minutes of my entire life.
tonphanan
Good luck. Hope all goes well for you.
meandnooneelse
Wow! That's heavy. If you don't mind my asking, what caused the damage?
Desfiy
No I dont mind you asking Darth, it was caused by me doing landscaping I was ripping out a tree and fell backwards and landed in a ditch, banging my elbow, which in due cause we came to realise had caused Ulner Nerve Damage, and then on top of that I was diagnosed with 2 Types Reflex Syndrome Distrify, so pretty much sucks, if this doesnt work, the last ditch is to fit a Micro Chip at the bottom of my spine to stop the pain, most days I can handle it, but when it gets real cold then all I want to do is go in the corner and cry, hence the reason the lack of any customs, as my hand isnt able to keep steady and I dont trust myself with knives at the min, I have enough problems, lol.
Desfiy
Well today is the big day, all wish me luck please.
meandnooneelse
May the force be with you. I will pray for you.
Desfiy
Im back folks and I aint dead, so thats good news, looks like a vampire has bit my neck though.
tonphanan
Glad all went ok. Any further treatments?
Desfiy
Yup I have another 4 or 5 that I know off, actually one at the end of the month, they dont think is going to be a permanent solution, but there trying all there options before they do the Micro Chip operation.
Desfiy
Well I only lasted for 2 shots in the neck the first one and the one that made it difficult to breath, went back for a third one today and I told what had happened and he pulled me off them, well he give me the choice have another and the same thing might happen, which my wife automatically started to worry about seeing she works nights and I would be alone with the critters, so she said no and I said the same thing I dont want to take the risk of it being worse next time.

So they are going to try more meds and if they dont work, there putting something in my spine that will mean I will be in hospital for 5 days, and then if that dont work I become the micro chip kid, lol. rolleyes.gif dry.gif (Thats the wife before she went to work, about the micro chip kid part).

Oh and we found a cool little beagle 1 year old on sunday, some stupid hunter had just abandoned him, he was in a hell of a mess, but hes making leaps and bounds back to recovery, we have named him conniyr (means strong willed and he certainly is).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.