Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ffurg Working With Hasbro!
F F U R G > Site Updates > FFURG Updates
Pages: 1, 2
Delaton
FFURG has been called into the game!

We want your votes! Hasbro is looking for a final 5-6 figures that will round out the Saga Legends line, and which will be on shelf approximately March 2008. All Star Wars fansites that have been regular contributors to the semi-weekly Star Wars Q&A are welcome to send us their top 10 list of figures they would like to see us re-release.

Fansites can determine these 10 any way they prefer, either by polling their readers or some other method. The figures need to be in rank order of importance from 1-10.

All site top 10 lists need to be received by Friday August 17th. The following Monday, all the lists will be combined together (each website getting an equal voice) with the #1 figure on each list worth 10 points, the #2 figure worth 9 points, #3 worth 8 points, etc. The resultant point values will be used to generate one final Top 20 list which will then be posted to Hasbro.StarWars.Com for netwide fan voting through the end of August.

Figures ineligible for Saga Legends voting consideration

Ineligible: Any figures that have been used for exclusives or mainline sets from March 2007 or later (or previous exclusives whose retailer is still stocking them). This means that figures from sets such as:
The McQuarrie convention exclusives
Order 66 2-packs
Tusken Raiders
Mandalorian packs
Battlefront II packs
AT-RT Patrol
181st Tie Interceptor Pilot
ARC-170 Battle Pack
Lucas Family pack
Stealth Scout Trooper
Felucia Battle Pack
Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack
Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack
The Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack
Kir Kanos/Carnor Jax comic pack
2007 vintage assortment

Some figures will not be eligible because tooling is not available at the time due to their use in upcoming products. This includes any figures from the previous (2005) Evolution packs among others that may not be available.

Eligible: All other 3-3/4" figures that were either released as basic figures, Vintage figures, vehicle drivers, or released as part of a multi-figure set prior to March 2007. Exclusives and other sets whose figure are eligible for consideration include:
Republic Commandos
Death Star Briefing Room
The Saga Tins
Zev Senesca
The figures from the Toys R 'Us AT-AT

Pretty much all other figures are fair game!

Details for how the logistics will go for the submission and voting needs to be worked out with Tim and Jason. We'll try to get this started over the weekend, so think of your favorite figure that you want to see re-released.
CorranHorn
Ok Evolutions is not allowed, but Saga Tins is? Ok then that means the ROTS Anakin from the Ep3 tin is the must have choice for FFURG!! biggrin.gif

We'll have something together before the end of the weekend and then the voice of customizers can be heard!
Delaton
And in the meantime, I'm gonna use GalacticHunter.com's and JediDefender.com's ideas and have people list their top 10 desired figures here so we can get some ideas what everyone wants.
pbarny
Jorg Sucal
VotC Han Solo (ANH)
VOTC Stormtrooper
ROTS or Endor Throne C-3PO
R2-D2 based off R4-M9 body
Other Astromech from Astromech packs, make random chase variety
Scout Trooper with Flip Visor
Leia Organa (Hoth)...yes, older PotF2 style body buy not terrible by lines standards.
EU Leia Organa-Solo...same thing
Rebel Pilot with 3+ head variations based on Vander body...Vander, Wedge, Biggs, etc.

How's that for a list?
Delaton
Some good stuff in there. Here's mine:

Asajj Ventress (CW)
AT-ST Driver (SAGA Multipack) w/different RFT head
Spacetrooper (POTF2 EU)
Coleman Trebor (Saga '03) w/added softgoods robe
Wat Tambor (Saga '03)
Pablo Jill (Post OTC)
Gungan Warrior (POTJ)
Rabe (Post OTC) different variant color schemes?
Republic Clone Pilot w/Gunship Cannon (I'd love Evo but they said they're off-limits)
Ishi Tib (POTF2)

Hard to get figures, some army builders, and some "custom" options for variants for Hasbro to consider.
CorranHorn
Ok Ash is keeping track of everyone's lists. biggrin.gif

Here's my top 10 picks...

1.) ROTS Anakin Skywalker (30AC SAGA Tins)
2.) Chewbacca (SAGA Early Bird Kit)
3.) Spacetrooper (POTF2-EU)
4.) Dark Empire Luke Skywalker (POTF2-EU w/ more detailed paint job)
5.) Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot using SAGA Zev Senesca w/ multiple head variants: Zev, Luke, Wedge, Dak, and Hobbie.
6.) Rebel X-Wing Pilot using VTSC Luke w/ multiple head variants: Luke, Wedge, Biggs, and Tycho.
7.) R2-D2 (ROTS R4-G9 repaint)
8.) Han Solo (VOTC)
9.) Princess Leia (VOTC w/ better paintjob on the face)
10.) Death Star Droid (POTF2)

Looks like Paul and I have some of the same ideas, definitely things Hasbro can do.

List incorporated up to here, 8/3...FFURG Admin ph34r.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Aug 3 2007, 09:28 PM)
Looks like Paul and I have some of the same ideas, definitely things Hasbro can do.

Well you and Ash both want Spacetroopers tongue.gif I just have seen how in the Legends line they're doing running variants with the same figure, and ran with it on some of them like pilots and droids.
CorranHorn
QUOTE (pbarny @ Aug 3 2007, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Aug 3 2007, 09:28 PM)

Well you and Ash both want Spacetroopers tongue.gif I just have seen how in the Legends line they're doing running variants with the same figure, and ran with it on some of them like pilots and droids.

Spacetroopers rule! biggrin.gif I'm hoping if they re-release this one they use the plastic they've been using on the Clone/Storm troopers in the last 2 years. It's a shinier white which doesn't seem to be as quick to yellow as previous incarnations. My Spacetrooper looks like a Space Peetrooper. laugh.gif

The idea with the running variants is a great one for the Rebel pilots, that's why I had to throw it in there twice. smile.gif
pickintheblues
1. Blue Snaggletooth (From the 3-Pack)

2. Amanaman

3. R2-D2 2002 (Toys R Us Exclusive)

4. R5-D2 (Star Tours)

5. FX-7

6. Even Piell (Jedi Council)

7. Oppo Rancis (Jedi Council)

8.VOTC Stormtrooper

9. Ephant Mon

10. Red Royal Guard (ROTS)
meandnooneelse
QUOTE (pickintheblues @ Aug 4 2007, 11:20 AM)
2. TC-14

TC-14 will already be part of the Saga Legends Fans Choice. You way want to change that on your list.

The figure I want most is the "I Am Your Father's Day Giftpack" Luke, but it does not fit within the guidlines. angry.gif

So here's my list (edited). It's also posted on Jedi Defender & Sandtroopers so if you don't count it here I understand.

1-OTC TIE Fighter Pilot
2-POTJ Darth Vader (Dagobah with Luke Face)
3-VOTC Darth Vader
4-VOTC Boba Fett
5-VOTC Stormtrooper
6-POTJ Imperial Scanning Trooper
7-ROTS Prisoner Palpatine
8-POTF2 Oola
9-POTJ Han Solo AT-ST Driver
10-Early Bird Chewbacca
Inverted
1. Blue Snaggletooth
2. Amanaman
3. Ephant Mon
4. Oppo Rancisis
5. R2-R9
6. Saelt-Marae
7. Durge
8. Graxol Kelvyyn
9. Pablo-Jill
10. Klatuu
pbarny
QUOTE (pickintheblues @ Aug 4 2007, 10:20 AM)
4. Red Royal Guard

10. Death Star Droid

With the guard, which version? There's been like 3.

And there will be a Death Star Droid in the comic packs upcoming.

Help people out if they put something that will be coming in late 07/Early 08. We don't want to "waste" anything, and it'll let you suggest another thing that you may have been forced to leave off.
pickintheblues
OK, How about this.
meandnooneelse
QUOTE (pbarny @ Aug 4 2007, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (pickintheblues @ Aug 4 2007, 10:20 AM)

4. Red Royal Guard

10. Death Star Droid

With the guard, which version? There's been like 3.

And there will be a Death Star Droid in the comic packs upcoming.

Help people out if they put something that will be coming in late 07/Early 08. We don't want to "waste" anything, and it'll let you suggest another thing that you may have been forced to leave off.

AH! Then I need to take the Death Star Droid off of my list.
pbarny
QUOTE (pickintheblues @ Aug 4 2007, 08:00 PM)
OK, How about this.

Nice changes.

QUOTE (Darth Simmons)
10-I have no idea (anything but another clone!)

If this weren't so serious, and I could implement my plan of subjective genocide, this would be my number one priority, but living in reality, why not just have one white plain clone, and put FFURG's address on the back and have us tutor some one on how to make a clone army? wink.gif

You should see my top 50 EU list over a sirstevesguide.com .
Delaton
I need to make sure everyone who posts in this topic, when submitting a list, must include the Series the figrue is coming from.

Second, for my sanity's sake, PLEASE make sure your astromech droid numbers are correct. I've already seen two R2-R9 figures, but I can only find R2-G9, so that's what got listed. If this is wrong, get it right in your post and let me know about it.

Third, unless I hear otherwise, the Red Royal Guard listed is the ROTS version, since it's better overall than the other two IMO, despite the crazy robe.

List incorporated up to here, 8/4...FFURG Admin ph34r.gif
GameSix
Narrowing the list down to 10 is tough. I can easily come up with 15-20.

But here goes...

1. VOTC Han Solo (from A New Hope)
2. POTF2 Spacetrooper (Expanded Universe)
3. VOTC Lando Calrissian
4. EP1 Sio Bibble
5. POTJ Mon Calamari Officer
6. OTC General Madine
7. POTJ Boss Nass (Gungan Sacred Place)
8. OTC Wedge Antilles (Internet Exclusive)
9. POTJ Shmi Skywalker
10. SAGA Zev Senesca (packaged with Rogue Two Snowspeeder)

I'm tired of clones, so I'd rather see some older figures that we aren't likely to see re-issued anytime soon.
pickintheblues
Sorry for the R2-R9, I think that was the droid in the Naboo Royal Starship, but I forgot they put it in one of the tins.
Fritzkrieg
Here's my List.

1. Sandtrooper (Vintage Tin)
2. Ask Aak
3. Meena Tills
4. Senate Guard (ROTS)
5. J'Quille
6. Captain Antilles
7. Tessek
8. BoShek
9. Myo
10. Feltipern Trevagg
clonecommander972
my top 10:
ROTS AT-TE gunner
ROTS aayla secura
ROTS padme
OTC boba fett
OTC obi-wan (ben) kenobi
SAGA1 battle droid
SAGA1 lama su
POTF2 R5-D4
POTF2 Anakin skywalker
endor celebration leia( any version, i just end up using this figure a lot biggrin.gif )
General Grievous
1. POTJ Security Battle Droid
2. POTJ Boomer Damage Battle Droid
3. SAGA Nute Gunray
4. TPM Graxol Kelvyyn
5. ROTS Cat Miin
6. SAGA San Hill
7. SAGA Shu Mai
8. SAGA Wat Tambor
9. TSC Sun Fac
10. Pilot Battle Droid (POTJ Security Battle Droid repaint)
Jedipostmaster
Ok here is my top 10

1. Even Piell
2. Yaddle
3. Commander Neyo
4. Covert Ops Trooper
5. R3-A2
6. Oppo Rancisis
7. K-3PO
8. Wedge Antilles (Internet Exclusive
9. Sio Bibble
10. Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire)
meandnooneelse
QUOTE (pbarny @ Aug 4 2007, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (Darth Simmons)
10-I have no idea (anything but another clone!)

If this weren't so serious, and I could implement my plan of subjective genocide, this would be my number one priority, but living in reality, why not just have one white plain clone, and put FFURG's address on the back and have us tutor some one on how to make a clone army? wink.gif

You should see my top 50 EU list over a sirstevesguide.com .

This is a quote from some of the folks over at Jedi Defender.

QUOTE (Darth_Anton)
QUOTE (JangoTat)

im still trying to think of what to vote for. harder then it looks lol.

Yeah, it's not easy when you don't need the stuff. The first half of my list is stuff I'd definitely buy, but the second half was figures that were harder to get first time around that others my have missed.

And with that being said I think I have my 10th want, Early Bird Chewbacca.
Ben Skywalker
Here's mine

1. Eu Luke Skywalker

2. VOTC Boba fett

3. E3 Tin Anakin Skywalker

4. E2 Tin Jango Fett

5. Spacetroopers

6. Comic Pack A'sharad hett

7. VOTC Darth Vader

8. Flip Visor Scout trooper

9. Death star Gunner

10. EU Leia
CorranHorn
QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Aug 6 2007, 11:46 AM)
6. Comic Pack A'sharad hett

You'll have to change #6, this comic pack falls under those figures which are ineligible for the vote. Granted it's a cool figure though, just picked it up last week fun stuff.
Knight
Are they just re-releasing old figures for the legends line, or remodelling them?
If they're re-modelling them, that'd be great :

1# Kyle Katarn (Expanded Universe, but remodelled to his Jedi Knight series look, as opposed to Dark Forces)
2# Dash Render (SOTE - I think they were part of the POTF line)
3# EU Leia
4# EU Luke
5# EU Clone Palpatine

as for other choices, i'd like to see new characters that while maybe not seen in the films, are in the books and becoming well known to fans, like Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo, or more from the KOTOR games to accompany Revan and Malak
CorranHorn
QUOTE (Knight @ Aug 6 2007, 04:15 PM)
Are they just re-releasing old figures for the legends line, or remodelling them?
If they're re-modelling them, that'd be great :

1# Kyle Katarn (Expanded Universe, but remodelled to his Jedi Knight series look, as opposed to Dark Forces)
2# Dash Render (SOTE - I think they were part of the POTF line)
3# EU Leia
4# EU Luke
5# EU Clone Palpatine

as for other choices, i'd like to see new characters that while maybe not seen in the films, are in the books and becoming well known to fans, like Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo, or more from the KOTOR games to accompany Revan and Malak

Eligible: All other 3-3/4" figures that were either released as basic figures, Vintage figures, vehicle drivers, or released as part of a multi-figure set prior to March 2007. Exclusives and other sets whose figure are eligible for consideration

Let's try reading next time....
pbarny
QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Aug 6 2007, 04:46 PM)

Hey, I've been saying that for years, can we stone them yet? Also notice the post total of the participants of this thread so far, lots of lurkers or newbies signing up trying to pad their votes at a lot different sites? I feel like breaking out the rack, the press, the rocks, and the stakes, Mechano-man will be bringing the lighter fluid, TND the matches, etc.

dry.gif hypocrite.gif hypocrite.gif I know this site is small by number, so therefore its like voting for a senator in a small state, but president in a large one...

Oh, and Jason, nice volunteering of Ash to do the totals too tongue.gif Oh, and Death Star droid is in a comic pack, so you'll have to change that as well RULE BREAKER!!!

List incorporated up to here, 8/6...FFURG Admin ph34r.gif
Delaton
Ok, so far we have:
Figure Series Request #
Aayla Secura ROTS
Amanaman POTJ 2
Anakin Skywalker, Episode 3 TSC Tin 2
Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight POTF2 FB
Anything but another clone 
Asajj Ventress Clonewars
Ask Aak ROTS
Astromechs EE Exclusive
AT-ST Driver SAGA
AT-TE Gunner ROTS
Battle Droid SAGA
Battle Droid (Boomer Damage) POTJ
Battle Droid (Pilot, Security Droid repaint) POTJ
Battle Droid (Security) POTJ
Ben (Obi Wan) Kenobi OTC
Biker Scout w/Flip Visor TSC Tin 2
Boba Fett VOTC 2
Boba Fett OTC
Boshek POTJ
Boss Nass (Gungan Sacred Place) POTJ
C3PO Endor Throne TSC
Captain Antilles SAGA
Cat Miin ROTS
Chewbacca (Early Bird) TSC 2
Coleman Trebor SAGA
Commander Neyo TAC
Covert Ops Clone Trooper ROTS
Darth Vader VOTC 2
Darth Vader (Dagobah) POTJ
Dash Rendar POTF2 EU
Death Star Droid (Black) POTF2
Death Star Gunner TSC
Durge Clonewars
Emperor Palpatine (Clone) POTF2 EU
Endor Celebration Leia TSC Tin
Ephant Mon SAGA 2
Even Piell SAGA 2
Feltipern Trevagg Post OTC
FX-7 POTJ
General Madine OTC
Graxol Kelvyyn EP1 2
Gungan Warrior POTJ
Han Solo - AT-ST Driver POTJ
Han Solo ANH VOTC 3
Imperial Scanning Trooper OTC
Ishi Tib POTF2
Jango Fett TSC Tin
Jorg Sacul CII Exclusive
J'Quille SAGA
K-3PO POTJ
Klaatu POTF2
Kyle Katarn POTF2 EU
Lama Su SAGA
Lando Calrissian VOTC
Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire) POTF2 EU 4
Meena Tills ROTS
Mon Calamari Officer POTJ
Myo Post OTC
Nute Gunray SAGA
Oola POTF2
Oppo Rancis SAGA 3
Pablo Jill Post OTC 2
Padme ROTS
Princess Leia Organa (w/ better face paintjob) VOTC
Princess Leia Organa Hoth POTF2
Princess Leia Organa Solo POTF2 EU 3
Prisoner Palpatine ROTS
R2-D2 (R4-G9 body) ROTS 2
R3-A2 SAGA
R4-G9 ROTS 2
R5-D2 Star Tours
R5-D4 POTF2
Rabe Post OTC
Rebel Pilot (Luke, Wedge,etc. using Dutch Vander) SAGA
Rebel Pilot (Luke, Wedge,etc. using VTSC Luke) VTSC
Rebel Snowspeeder Pilot (Luke, Wedge, etc. using Zev Senesca) SAGA
Republic Pilot w/gunpod Evolutions
Royal Guard (Red) ROTS
Saelt Marae POTF2
San Hill SAGA
Sandtrooper TSC Tin
Senate Guard ROTS
Shmi Skywalker POTJ
Shu Mai SAGA
Sio Bibble EP1 2
Snaggletooth (Blue) OTC 2
Spacetrooper POTF2 EU 4
Stormtrooper VOTC 3
Sun Fac TSC
Tessek POTJ
Tie Fighter Pilot OTC
Wat Tambor SAGA 2
Wedge Antillies (Internet Exclusive) OTC 2
Yaddle SAGA
Zev Senesca SAGA

So leading right now are Spacetrooper, EU Luke, Han Solo ANH VOTC, Oppo Rancis, EU Leia, and Stormtrooper VOTC. If you see a number and the end of a row, it's received more than one vote.

This has been a great start, but lets see more votes (one per member, though)
Knight
Eligible: All other 3-3/4" figures that were either released as basic figures, Vintage figures, vehicle drivers, or released as part of a multi-figure set prior to March 2007. Exclusives and other sets whose figure are eligible for consideration

i did read for what was eligible, but i dont see the point in re-releasing some of the really old figures with only 5 basic points of articulation for example, my first choice, Kyle Katarn - i mean, yes, re-release Kyle Katarn, but make it a new figure with the newer style of articulation.

To clarify my last part "for other choices, i'd like to see new characters that while maybe not seen in the films, are in the books and becoming well known to fans," i realise they aren't eligible, as they havent existed previously, but i think some of them are more 'legend' than random "Mon Calamari Officer" character or a droid that appeared for a few seconds (although granted, that takes Legend literally).

and pbarny - i dont belong to any other customisation site, at least, not for star wars figures (irrelevent i know, but only other customisation sites i'm a member of are for the Armada 2 game). but thanks for makin me feel welcome... ermm.gif rolleyes.gif
tonphanan
1.Sio Bibble
2.San Hill
3.Graxol Kelvyyn
4.Durge from Deluxe pack
5.Padme' Lars Homstead
6.Dark Empire Luke
7.Dark Empire Leia
8.Grand Admiral Thrawn
9.Dark Empire Emperor
10.Pote Sniken
savrip
I'd love to contribute an opinion for my top 10, but they aren't going to to card them on the best card design ever so I won't be buying any. Therefore, my list would be useless. Now if they decide to do a retro card design poll I'm in! POTF2OC FOREVER!

List incorporated up to here, 8/7...FFURG Admin ph34r.gif
Delaton
I can't believe I'm having to bump this... Come on people! Lets see some voting here!
Jim_Abell
Padme - Lars Homestead (Saga)
R2-A2 (TRU Hoth 4 pack with Tauntaun)
R5-D2 (Star Tours series 3)
FX-7 (POTJ)
Gammorean Guard (OTC re-paint version)
Colonel Wulff Yularen (from Briefing Room 7 pack)
Oola (POTF Green)
Commander Neyo (Wal-Mart Selucami Battle Pack, if eligible)
Padme - Naboo Pilot (Saga)
Zev Senesca (Target Saga 2 Snowspeeder)

...and, Savrip, your devotion to the Orange Cards is starting to get scary... ermm.gif

biggrin.gif

,,,and if the OCs are the best design ever then why is your avatar on a vintage ROTJ tri-logo?... hmmmm... tongue.gif
Jim_Abell
QUOTE (Knight @ Aug 6 2007, 10:09 PM)

i did read for what was eligible, but i dont see the point in re-releasing some of the really old figures with only 5 basic points of articulation for example, my first choice, Kyle Katarn - i mean, yes, re-release Kyle Katarn, but make it a new figure with the newer style of articulation.

To clarify my last part "for other choices, i'd like to see new characters that while maybe not seen in the films, are in the books and becoming well known to fans," i realise they aren't eligible, as they havent existed previously, but i think some of them are more 'legend' than random "Mon Calamari Officer" character or a droid that appeared for a few seconds (although granted, that takes Legend literally).

and pbarny - i dont belong to any other customisation site, at least, not for star wars figures (irrelevent i know, but only other customisation sites i'm a member of are for the Armada 2 game). but thanks for makin me feel welcome... ermm.gif rolleyes.gif

Knight, the problem with your choices for new characters and a new version of Kyle Katarn is that this poll is for Hasbro to know who we want re-released in the Saga Legends line and that is the whole point of this particular poll. Hasbro has said that they're trying to work out another fans' choice poll and if it works like the last one they did in Toy Fare Magazine then the initial round of voting will be open to anyone and everyone that's appeared anywhere in Star Wars lore -- except the Tonnika sisters, apparently...
pbarny
QUOTE (Jim_Abell @ Aug 12 2007, 08:42 AM)
,,,and if the OCs are the best design ever then why is your avatar on a vintage ROTJ tri-logo?... hmmmm... tongue.gif

Knight, the problem with your choices for new characters and a new version of Kyle Katarn is that this poll is for Hasbro to know who we want re-released in the Saga Legends line and that is the whole point of this particular poll. Hasbro has said that they're trying to work out another fans' choice poll and if it works like the last one they did in Toy Fare Magazine then the initial round of voting will be open to anyone and everyone that's appeared anywhere in Star Wars lore -- except the Tonnika sisters, apparently...

Cuz like Jason, he's one of our fearless hypocritical illiterate leaders.

We're tyring to point out to people what figures they're mentioning aren't eligible first to save Ash time in tallying, second giving you the member-voter a chance to change your vote to something relevant. Jim's right on this, its about old figures you missed out on, would like to army build or need for custom fodder (after all this is a customizing site).

It's also fair to question when there are no posts from a member in any topic but this one what are they doing. This is a customizing site, no introduction, no here's what i'm working on, here's some old stuff/what do you think posts. It's the Template Vault on a smaller scale.
Delaton
We're tyring to point out to people what figures they're mentioning aren't eligible first to save Ash time in tallying

I just haven't been entering anything not eligible, except my own Evo Clone Pilot with gunpod, since the SAGA one stinks, but it hasn't gotten enough votes to get in anyway! laugh.gif
clonecommander972
QUOTE (clonecommander972 @ Aug 5 2007, 08:01 AM)
my top 10:
ROTS AT-TE gunner
ROTS aayla secura
ROTS padme
OTC boba fett
OTC obi-wan (ben) kenobi
SAGA1 battle droid
SAGA1 lama su
POTF2 R5-D4
POTF2 Anakin skywalker
endor celebration leia( any version, i just end up using this figure a lot biggrin.gif )

can i change one of mine? instead of the saga1 battle droid, i'd like to change my vote for grand admiral thrawn
Delaton
I agree with your change but in order to keep this from becoming a nightmare, no, you can't change your vote. Once you vote, you're locked in.

And besides, if you could change your vote, I'd MAKE you lose either the POTF2 R5-D4 or the ROTS Padme. I believe the POTF2 R5-D4 mold's been shot into space, or nuked. If not, it should've been.
pbarny
Ash (and others with the power),

Can we actively campaign in that if we have voted, give a fairly reasoned argument for voting for some of the same figures we already have?
Delaton
If you want to post opinions further as to your desired figures to be submitted, and specifically why, go right ahead. Anything to drum up some interest in this forum.

However, I'd focus on the figures on the fence, not just the obvious leaders right now (EB Chewie, Spacetrooper, etc.) Focus on the figures with only a few votes that are on the fringe of getting in.

As I'm writing this, I'll start out. Although it's clear that the VOTC Stormie is a strong candidate, if it were up to me, I'd focus on non-army builders for these final figures. If Hasbro's shown us anything, it's that they can reuse molds and beat armies builders to death in recent years. Battledroids and Clones will continue forever in the line IMO. Lets see figures that were good, but needed a better paint job, or aliens that we all could use as customizers to fill out our fodder piles.
pbarny
I'll mention this once here: Hasbro seems to like the running variation in these Legends waves: they use the multiple head or paint schemes on the same figures. This will allow you to stretch out and make a more diverse collection. This is Hasbro's model, so most of my choices can be done in this light.

QUOTE (pbarny @ Aug 3 2007, 07:26 PM)
Jorg Sucal

This is the no brainer for me. It is probably the most sought after figure that could single handedly put scalpers out of business. This is the Flanneled one in the Orange Suit. While it is an inferior sculpt figure, the Wedge/Biggs late PotF2 body, the head tooling is obviously available, and they could even do running variants with grey and black beards and hair for a young and old effect. This would be perfect for customizers who want to do a different Stormtrooper body VOTC mail away Lucas or allow people to do Lucas as director or whatever they want.

VotC Han Solo (ANH)

This is probably the best Han Solo and to most, the vest look wins out over the jacket of the PotJ Bespin mold which is my preference, but sometimes one has to sacrifice personal preferences for practical means. You can also do a slight variation on this one with pants being Blue or Brown to make an ANH or RotJ versions of our favorite Corellian Smuggler.

VOTC Stormtrooper

Well we may have gotten a single carded plain stormtrooper in the 30th, but we should insist on something that they have available and without a Jango head underneath. This maybe the core of the line for years to come, but without them we won't have a child go through what I did: A stormtrooper-less collection until they're 18!!!

ROTS or Endor Throne C-3PO

Either of these are the most articulated and best examples of 3PO to be executed. There's nothing to be lost here by putting him out there in a nice golden tone and no that gimick with the battle droid head.

R2-D2 based off R4-M9 body

Everyone's favorite droid with the one novelty that actually makes sense, a working retractable leg. Sure, more tool applications would be nice, but this is a good solid R2 and shouldn't be made a paint variant.

Other Astromech from Astromech packs, make random chase variety

These all have the same function of the R2. Could they switch heads making some R2s, R3s, R4s, and R5s? Sure why now. Everyone loves astromechs. We all do. Making a wide variety, in a running fashion will put out a lot of the little things and allow us customizers to make an infinite number of color schemes to show off our skills and imaginations.

Scout Trooper with Flip Visor

I should've specified this is the one from the collector's tin, not the AT-AT. This is the VotC body with a head. If Hasbro wanted they could make a Jango version and a Rebel trooper version. It just adds a feature to a popular figure.

Leia Organa (Hoth)...yes, older PotF2 style body buy not terrible by lines standards.

First off, she was available with gloves from the Fan Club with Pote Snitkin. Then a PotJ Bespin version was retooled to have no gloves but kept the head. First, Hoth stuff is one of my favorites. Next, due to the limited release, this is a figure that not many have and outside of the Hoth Battle pack, this is the only other version of this figure made ever. Pack in a screen or some other Hoth scanner accessory and we got a real winner.

EU Leia Organa-Solo...same thing

Mostly its the unique size of this figure that would give us so many female body parts that could be used for custom fodder. It is possibly my favorite mold of Leia. It's feminine with out being cartoonish about her proportions/body.

Rebel Pilot with 3+ head variations based on Vander body...Vander, Wedge, Biggs, etc. 

This is the most important to me. If you're going to pick a rebel pilot, why not say running variation of heads/helmets and list the ones you want to see? Maybe they can do it as both a ANH/RotJ version and Hoth version. There's not that much difference between the Zev mold and the Vander mold. Saying just a single solitary pilot is like a waste when you can use 1 vote to get 3-4 figures made.

So please, if you have not voted yet, remember, MULTIPLE PAINT/VARIATION schemes are the way to go to maximize your vote and is inline with a business/production model Hasbro will follow.
Soja Rinn
since so many people have weighed in with their choices, how do we exactly vote? put together a weighted-average list of 20 figures and let everyone vote on their top 5, and then do another weighted average to get the top 10? i dunno how we can get everyone to agree on a top 10 without narrowing it down somewhat.
clonecommander972
QUOTE (Delaton @ Aug 12 2007, 04:20 PM)
I agree with your change but in order to keep this from becoming a nightmare, no, you can't change your vote. Once you vote, you're locked in.

And besides, if you could change your vote, I'd MAKE you lose either the POTF2 R5-D4 or the ROTS Padme. I believe the POTF2 R5-D4 mold's been shot into space, or nuked. If not, it should've been.

my reasoning behind the R5-D4 was that it was one of the first star wars figures i ever got. unfortunatly, half of the opening dome came off, and my mom made me throw it out. sad.gif
i never really saw many ROTS padme figures around, and never thought to pick it up. i have a project i want to do that involves this figure, so this might be something i should add to my want-to-buy list instead
Delaton
since so many people have weighed in with their choices, how do we exactly vote? put together a weighted-average list of 20 figures and let everyone vote on their top 5, and then do another weighted average to get the top 10? i dunno how we can get everyone to agree on a top 10 without narrowing it down somewhat.

My feeling is that we already have everyone voting in their choices. Taking the few high vote getters right off the top, we have a lot of low vote guys (more than 1) than need to be thinned down to fill out the 10. I may set up a voting poll or two here in the next day or so. The selections are due this Friday so I'll need to be quick.

More to come...
Curto
Hey guys...just thought I'd stop by and see how things were going over here!

Some info you might want to keep in mind when voting...

Early Bird Chewbacca is NOT eligible for the voting this time around. One reason is because the body is being used in the Betrayal at Bespin battle pack.

My experience from last year's tournament is that Jorg Sacul is not eligible by Lucasfilm's request, and I'd guess the same holds true for the George Lucas Stormtrooper.

Also, for those who love accuracy in their figures...since the Commander Bly figure in the Betrayal on Felucia battle pack is sporting the wrong color scheme again, Hasbro has allowed the CORRECTED deco (with brown stripes) to be eligible. It's a bit of a rule-breaker, but I know that fans would like to see the corrected version again, since it had a VERY limited release in 2005.

Also....just between us...don't waste your votes on a TIE Fighter Pilot. wink.gif
Delaton
Thanks for the heads up. BTW, you're on track for 2 posts per year! laugh.gif
pbarny
QUOTE (Curto @ Aug 13 2007, 05:27 PM)
My experience from last year's tournament is that Jorg Sacul is not eligible by Lucasfilm's request, and I'd guess the same holds true for the George Lucas Stormtrooper.

By that logic, Ephant Mon won't be eligible because of the increased cost to Hasbro. That's why they excluded him last year...But than they post in a Q&A that all figures including Ephant Mon would be eligible. So, something has to give. This is the FAN'S Choice, not Lucas' not Hasbro's. If we want Sucal, and he gets the votes, and we don't get him, than there'll be hell to pay. Thanks Uncle Owen.
CorranHorn
Hey Dan, good to see you around these parts. The door is always open for you.

I do want to call shenanigans on this comment though (pointed to Hasbro of course, not you)...

Early Bird Chewbacca is NOT eligible for the voting this time around. One reason is because the body is being used in the Betrayal at Bespin battle pack.

From all the promo pictures shown, the Bespin Battle Pack is using the VOTC Chewbacca not the Early Bird Chewbacca. Granted EB Chewie is the VOTC Chewie with a new headsculpt, but I would believe that this makes them distinct figures with their own full molds. By saying that the EB Chewie is not eligible, then one could go with the distinction that the VOTC Stormtrooper, R2-D2, and Han Solo are also not eligible because parts from those figures are being used in 30AC Basic figures which are not eligble either.

I think it's safe to say from a lot of the voting going across the net that fans want the EB Chewie and hopefully Hasbro will see that and come to a decision that benefits us all.
Darth Fett
Hi everybody, this is my list:

1.-Chewbacca from VOTC line
2.- Ephant mon
3.-Durge (deluxe figure from clone wars)
4.- TIE fighter pilot
5.- Graxol Kelvyyn
6.- ELITE CORPS CLONE TROOPER
7.- ROYAL GUARD Senate Security (both, blue and red)
8.- TANUS SPIJEK
9.-GENERAL MADINE
10.- PADMÉ AMIDALA (Lars' Homestead)

I hope that some of these figures appear as part of the official selection, i really hope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.