Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eu Explosion
F F U R G > Your Customs > 3.75" Scale Star Wars Customs
pbarny
Since the EU is responsible for keeping Star Wars going all these years and allowed the prequals to be made, it is time to give it some honor on the 30th Anniversary.

Talon Karrde

Bespin Capture Han Solo with GI Joe Devil's Due Hannibal comic pack head. Most representations of Karrde are based the terrible versions portrayed in Heir to the Empire comics. Yes, it was terrible artwork. No Chiss, nor Mara Jade, no even Karrde has been drawn the same since. The written words have him as an average arm and build, favoring jackets, tunics and pants that allow for him to carry out his duties but not extravagantly rich. I took this emphasis; bare arms are not practical on a ship.

Booster Terrik

Dash Rendar Head, PotF2 Carbon Freeze Han torso, PotF2 Bespin Han legs. Booster however is described and drawn as a large man who is very muscular. I dressed him in a Corellian style. The vest is a VvV Gung Ho.

Roganda Ismaren

Ah, the relatively obscure EU. Roganda Ismaren is behind the plot points due to Eye of Palpatine and Lord Nyaxx. She was an Emperor's Hand who used sex to get secrets out of Palpatine's enemies. She's the Star Wars Equivalent of Mata Hari. When she got pregnant with her son, her usefulness to Palpy was at an end. Using the means of the Imperial Court she went into hiding, setting up things for her son to eventually rule.

Sarcev Quest

Ah, the really obscure EU. It's these little treasures that keep Star Wars new and refreshing after all this time. Maybe one of the first Emperor's Hands. He used his charms to woo women to take down some of the earliest political enemies of Palpatine in the beginning of the Empire. He earned his scars in some incident, and continued to serve his master. He was drawn to Roganda and they conceived a son. He went missing after the setting up of the shelter on Coruscant and his whereabouts are unknown in the NJO. Sarcev is a master of the short light saber.

Findswoman
Neat customs, Paul, definitely something new and different. I'd be interested to see reference pictures for these. Is there a particular reason, for example, why Roganda's got those really rosy cheeks? From here it almost looks like Naboo royal makeup gone somewhat awry, but then I don't know what the character is supposed to look like. Are you going to make a custom of her son, too?

... the Findswoman
pbarny
QUOTE (Findswoman @ May 29 2007, 11:11 PM)
Neat customs, Paul, definitely something new and different. I'd be interested to see reference pictures for these. Is there a particular reason, for example, why Roganda's got those really rosy cheeks? From here it almost looks like Naboo royal makeup gone somewhat awry, but then I don't know what the character is supposed to look like. Are you going to make a custom of her son, too?

... the Findswoman

The sole reference pictures for both are from Star Wars Gamer #5. It shows her as a kabuki like get up. Based on the description of her, I went with her in a post coital (that should make it by the censor) look. She just got the goods on some Moff or wannabe enemy on Coruscant.

I never did mention that the figure is an Elizabeth Swann painted purple, dry brushed with silver, gold dry brushed on the hair, shoes and belt.

Sarcev Quest is a head I got from Spectre, POTF2 Speeder Luke body, PotF2 Han Solo arms, and the Elizabeth Swann jacket painted gold, with purple trip and a red belt.

No plans for the son, although I do have a few Episode I Anakin Skywalkers laying around, but no Lord Nyax's because I don't any 6-8" figures beyond my beloved Jack O'Neall.
clonecommander972
i really like the booster terrik fig, looks alot like how i imagined he would from the books
pbarny
QUOTE (clonecommander972 @ May 31 2007, 01:02 PM)
i really like the booster terrik fig, looks alot like how i imagined he would from the books

Thanks, for both reading wink.gif and looking. It's nice to know at least one other person around here can read graduated.gif.

As to the look, it is more a testament that the size of the difference between the modern line and the POTF2. It does give a few tricks that enable customizers to make a size difference between "normal", overweight/bulky/muscular figures. Plus if you have a half dozen of these in your bins, may as well use them for something.
Delaton
Not bad on the talon Kaarde. I'd try to blend out the grey in the mustache a bit, though, unless you're going for the comic-pack look.
pbarny
AND I'M BACK!!! PAINTING...

Well, I'll add him up on the Casting Call as well, but here is an updated Zekk.

Same idea as before, Qui-gonn body to make him tall, but this time the one that comes with the Eopie mailway (what I had like 4 of them), same Quinlan Vos head recycled. This would be about the time of the Legacy of the Force.

Bespin Guard

this is a modern take the on the white vintage version. The head is a footloose cast which was originally used for a GI Joe Bazooka custom, since hollowed out, hands repainted, as is the neck post.

Be rough boys and girls, you know that's how you like it. dry.gif

Edit: it seems in my excitement to show that I've painted, i uploaded the unedited/uncropped pictures. Will fix that later. The ideas are there.
TND
nice work here, pbarny.

I like the zekk a lot. u dont see customs of him every day. I like that you made sure to make him tall, as that is one of his distinguishing features. the other would be his long hair. which you included here, but i seemed to remember it being "silky" not "rasta" like the vos you used here.

regarding the bespin guard, his neck and arms look a little too long. nice mustache on the guy...fits in as one of "lando's guys"

pbarny
QUOTE (TND @ Mar 21 2011, 03:01 PM) *
nice work here, pbarny.

the other would be his long hair. which you included here, but i seemed to remember it being "silky" not "rasta" like the vos you used here.

regarding the bespin guard, his neck and arms look a little too long. nice mustache on the guy...fits in as one of "lando's guys"

Any ideas on a better Zekk head?

Eh, blame hasbro for making him like an orangutan to begin with.
TND
I dunno. Maybe use quigon's hair on some other face. Hair transplant.
pbarny
Klin-Fa Gi

From Greg Keyes serial/novella, Emissaries of the Void which tells the story of Uldir Lochett and his crew. Here is the chief antagonist, Jedi Klin-Fa Gi who is older than the Solos, but younger say than Kyp Durron. Definitely a full Knight. This is probably how he appeared in parts 3 on after the sojourn to Wayland. RoC scarlet torso, RoC Cover Girl head, ARAH Baroness legs (to make her SHORT), Luke Skywalker belt and misc saber.
pbarny
Uldir Lochett

Here is the hero/protagonist of the Emisarries of the Void serial set in the NJO. Rescue flier, failed Jedi candidate, but not quite so down on his luck as it appears. His blaster is a heavily cut down bbi M60. The figure itself is the "smuggler" Han Solo from the 30th anniversary collection with a TIE pilot holster, and a BAD Han Solo "sandstorm" head.

QUOTE (Harry Carey)
It could be, it might be, it is!!! Holy Cow!!!

Tenel Ka 2.0

I said for months if not years she was coming. ROC Scarlet with the left arm chopped off slightly below the elbow, painted, and a light saber that was painted from the Dark Woman. Decided to go "warrior" Queen Mother.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.