Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would This Ruin My Figure?
F F U R G > Tips & Tricks > 3.75" Scale Customs Tips & Tricks
Yodaman
I'm trying to make a Stormtrooper figure looking dirty (like he's been through some major action and hasn't had his armor polished in a while) and I thought that shoe polish might work well. Is it removable without ruining the figure? I'm not really interested in painting him I just want to know if the shoe polish would ruin the figure or not because I'd like to remove it at one point.
Delaton
Shoe polish, I think, would permanently stain the figure. It's meant to penetrate and protect.
tykrazen
The least permanent way I can think of would be to use children's water colors. They should wash off by soaking the figure in water. I have no idea what long term contact (more than a few weeks) might do to the plastic tho'. You could test it on a junk figure and see how it turns out.
TND
i think sometimes, the 501st guys use different artists chalk to accomplish temporary weathering. I dont know any more details than that though.
tonphanan
Shoe polish would stain the figure. Kids washable paint may set in to an almost permenant state. A dry brush technique would be the best bet and a some thinner would take it off when your done.
pbarny
Pencil....can smear it, apply it in fine lines, and not permanent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.