Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1:6 Chewbacca
F F U R G > Your Customs > 12" Scale Star Wars Customs
Sith Prop Lord
Here is my attempt at a 1:6 scale Chewbacca with fur. He stands 13 6/8" tall. I first started out sculpting the head by using the reference pictures of the original mask without the fur. Then put together his body by combining a dragon body with a Hasbro 12" reject and added wookie feet and hands. I then painted and sealed both the head and body but did not attach the head until after the fur was added. His fur is made out of five different color tones of hair and was attached by sections with contact cement and a small brush. The sections ranged in size from 1/4" to 1/2". Being the first time I have tried something like this it started out slowly and moved along faster as I got a feel for it. I am currently working on a bowcaster similar to the one seen with the Attakus statues as well as an accurate bandolier and bag. For the pics, I used Hasbro's bowcaster and bag. The pics with C3PO are just for size comparison. I still need to trim some parts and add waves to it but I just wanted to share it with you guys. I am pleased with the way he is turning out so far. It makes me want to focus my time on completing my 12" Han Solo :grin:. Hope you guys like him.

Findswoman
That's wonderful work, SPL. (Which is not surprising from you! smile.gif ) Really does look like the "real" Wookiee! I'm very impressed.

Just one li'l piece of advice: you might want to layer the hair a little more, especially on the arms, so it looks a little more disheveled and natural. When you're galaxy-hopping with the galaxy's most wanted smuggler, there's not always that much time to groom! cool.gif

Again, great work, & happy customizing!

... the Findswoman
Sith Prop Lord
Thanks Findswoman. The pics are of Chewie right after I finished laying down the hair. I still need to trim and mat his hair, he should look much better then biggrin.gif .
savrip
That's the best looking wookie I've ever seen! Very fine work. Even though you said you weren't finished with it. I do think the major spot you need to add some length difference is the arm to look more shaggy, but overall it's very cool. I don't know what I'd do if I had an unfinished piece that looks better than any finished piece, would I stop? Probably, I'm lazy. smile.gif
meccano-man
That is simply unbelievable. It really looks like Chewy! If I were to see that any where else I'd swear it was a maquette puppet/statue. Truely amazing. drool.gif
Sith Prop Lord
Thanks guys for the kind comments, I appreciate it.
Delaton
ohmy.gif Oh....my.....

I love it. Hasbro's lack-luster attempts have prevented my from getting any walking carpet 12"ers to date. If one was like this, I'd buy 2!
Sith Prop Lord
I know sad.gif , it's hard to understand why Hasbro would put so little effort in the 12" line when it has so much potential. With figures done accurately, I have no doubt that the 12" line would be a huge money maker for them. It's a shame to see the 12" license go to waste.
Jedi_turok
SPL, man that's tight looking!!!
I like what you have done with the hair and the way he is standing and holding his weapon.
Sith Prop Lord
Thanks Jedi_turok. I am working on a more accurate bowcaster and bandolier. I'll post new pics when I'm done with his hair cut and new weapons. By the way, he is fully posable with great range of articulation.
CorranHorn
Wow that is just amazing, the scale, the look, everything really does look great. Chewbacca looks so shaggy as he rightfully should. do they actually sell hair you were able to use or did you cut your own off. smile.gif

what about an attempt in the 4" scale, is it doable?

happy customizing!
Sith Prop Lord
Thanks CorranHorn. I purchased the hair in 36" long strands, and I used five different colors. I haven't though about a 4" scale version since I mainly collect 1:6 scale figures but I guess it would be doable as long as you start with a fairly slim figure and that you do 'a lot' of trimming once all the hair is attached biggrin.gif .
Imrahil
What can I say that hasn't been? Fantastic work.

Where did you get the hair and what did you use to attach it?
pbarny
QUOTE (Imrahil @ Oct 31 2004, 09:05 PM)

Kiss the wookie???? dry.gif
Findswoman
QUOTE (pbarny @ Oct 31 2004, 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (Imrahil @ Oct 31 2004, 09:05 PM)

Kiss the wookie???? dry.gif

I just about want to -- he looks great. tongue.gif

Looking forward to seeing more of him, Prop Lord. Do keep us up to date! smile.gif

... the Findswoman
The Spectre
I can't see the pics!

I wanna see the Wookiee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.