Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuuforming Help
F F U R G > Tips & Tricks > Custom Ships/Vehicles Tips & Tricks
scottdee
I habe a problem/issue I am trying to eliminate. When I mold a hull there tends to be an excess plastic fold left over . They have a tendency to ruin the model i am trying to reproduce. If anyone else out there has dealt with this issue and found a solution I sure would appreciate it .
dark jedi ben
Can you post pics?, that would help us see the problem
CloneWars101
QUOTE (scottdee @ May 28 2006, 12:28 AM)
I habe a problem/issue I am trying to eliminate. When I mold a hull there tends to be an excess plastic fold left over . They have a tendency to ruin the model i am trying to reproduce. If anyone else out there has dealt with this issue and found a solution I sure would appreciate it .

I need pics to I don't know what it is
FoxtrotDelta
You can add a little extra on the depth then trim off the unwanted portion to get the correct dimension, then you wont have that portion that curves out. Foxtrot Delta
Jesse James
QUOTE (FoxtrotDelta @ Aug 1 2006, 07:40 PM)
You can add a little extra on the depth then trim off the unwanted portion to get the correct dimension, then you wont have that portion that curves out. Foxtrot Delta

Foxtrot speaks the truth...

The vacuuforming done for the film model props was done this way... So, say a half an X-Wing hull is your item in question... It extends about an inch past what you need, and you simply cut the excess. The curve from the suction of the plastic to the spot where the master is resting on the board is then just part of the scrap. It wastes a little extra sheet but nothing too bad.

I hope what FoxTrot mentioned is of help Scott, it's a technique I read about once from the "pro's" as they say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.