Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Biggs Darklighter In Anchorhead Garb
Findswoman
post Jun 7 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Customizing Master

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8

Just finished this one today: Biggs as he appears in the Anchorhead cutscene from A New Hope. The Biggs doll is from the F.A.O. Schwartz Biggs & Wedge two-pack, with a tiny bit of dark brown wash on the hair. His shirt, jacket, and cape are hand-sewn -- the jacket in particular was murder! (The brown pants are Ken pants from the 80's sometime. smile.gif )

Enjoy, everyone, and let me know what you think!

... the Findswoman

Chatting with a completely un-customized 12" Luke. Caption as desired:

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Jun 7 2005, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Surviving Admin Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

My only comment is that I think Bigg's jacket is tan, a little lighter than Luke Bespin.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
meccano-man
post Jun 7 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #3

Customizing High Council

Group: Members
Member No.: 57

It looks pretty darn good to me. wink.gif

--------------------
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret." - Emporer Palpatine™

WANTED: Lili Ledy­® ESB Generic Cardback

©2014 Sunflake Circle Graphics, Inc.

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Jun 8 2005, 01:05 AM
Post #4

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Delaton @ Jun 7 2005, 07:12 PM)
My only comment is that I think Bigg's jacket is tan, a little lighter than Luke Bespin.

actually I think it's more of a grey. though I've seen reference pics where you could think it's a light tan, grey, or white. so it's a bit of a conundrum;

I think the custom looks pretty good, a great job on making his clothing. I do notice that the lips look a bit too pinkish in the pics. is this intended, as it does kinda stand out. great stuff overall though, now its time for you to make a 3.75" scale Biggs! smile.gif

happy customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post Jun 8 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Customizing Master

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Corran, the pink lips are definitely not intended. The only painting I did on the figure was to add a bit of wash to the hair. In real life, they're just a touch pink, but not obtrusively so, and on my screen it didn't look too pink at all -- just same color as his skin. Maybe it's that they look a little shiny in the light? Also, I have yet to get the white balance on my camera to behave itself in all the halogen lamps we have all over the place -- an ongoing challenge...

As for jacket color... I have about 10 reference pictures or so, and after eyeballing them all, I'm inclined to think it's a sort of off-white color -- which is still closer to white than beige or gray! smile.gif Maybe I'll rub it with something, or give it a light dye job at some point (it's denim, so it should take). At this point, though, I'd rather not make him a whole new jacket -- sewing that dang thing by hand was the hardest part of this custom, by far. Though who knows, maybe at some point I'll redo all his clothes -- gosh knows they aren't perfect examples of the seamstress's craft, by any means! blushing.gif

... the Findswoman blushing.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Jun 8 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #6

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

gosh knows they aren't perfect examples of the seamstress's craft, by any means! 

Anyone who can sew something that small and detailed always gets my admiration. I know I couldn't do it.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
Boshuda
post Jun 9 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #7

Customizing Master

Member No.: 692

I think it's really well done. I usually don't look at the 12" customs, but I checked this out for the heck of it. Based on the parts that you have to work with, I think you did it really well.

I was to make a comment... the pockets look a little 'clumpy'. This is a problem with fabric on figures and is more so of a problem on figures smaller than 12". Some people may frown upon my advice, but I think attaching smaller features on cloth might work better using fabric glue rather than sewing them on. It's easier and you get more of a flat look.

The other thing I would like to see fixed is that the jacket is a little too short. I would like to see it a little longer (maybe a centimetre or so).

The lips look fine as they are. In fact, I think they look really realistic.

--------------------
Genius and insanity differ only by success!!

+Quote Post
TND
post Jun 9 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Customizing General

Member No.: 153

Finds,
I dont know where to begin really. I think it's great. I remember you lamenting over his jacket, one night in chat. I think it turned out great. I dig the cape. The only critique from above that i'll echo is Boshuda's comment on his pockets being a bit puffy. I'd like to see him in that one hand on hip, one knee up on a step pose that you see in all the reference pics.

Nice score on the ken pants too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post Jun 10 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #9

Customizing Master

Boshuda, yes, the pockets are a bit bulky, alas. sad.gif It's probably because didn't have a proper pattern for the pockets; I had to take apart the ones from a 12" Han jacket and tried to follow how those were made, only my fabric was a good bit thicker than the Han jacket fabric. blushing.gif Ah well, live and learn...

TND, ask and thou shalt receive:

... the Findswoman

--------------------

+Quote Post
TND
post Jun 10 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #10

Customizing General

Member No.: 153

finds,
very well done. applause from all around.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 02:27 PM || Skin by Metalaxe