> Casting Call Ideas
CorranHorn
post May 9 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #1

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi All,

While talking with TND in the chatroom, he threw out an interesting idea for a Casting Call. A Master/Padawan CC to celebrate the unity of mentor and student in Jedi, Sith, Military, and all other walks of life in the Star Wars galaxy. So I'm throwing it out there, would there be interest in such a Casting Call, would people like to take part in this idea?

Do you have an idea for a Casting Call, we're all ears, let us know and we can see what we can do.

Stay tuned for the fitting return of a Casting Call from years past, later this week...

Happy Customizing!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post May 9 2005, 09:57 AM
Post #2

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

"Suprise" Troopers. Hero's hidden underneat removable helmet Clone, Strom, Scout etc trooper armor.

The Many Vacation Outfits of Jar-Jar Binks

Mirror Mirror Star Wars....What would Palpy, Imperials, etc look like if good, and people like the Luke, Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Leia, Han etc were evil? (No silly goatees, Mr. Spock!!!!).

Wizards of the Coast concept figures. They had a group of 8-12 to demonstarte the Star Wars Role Playing Game when they first got it, released the Rorworr figure and some metal miniatures but nothing else really. (I can/could provide pics from the Invasion of Theed Introductory Game).

Team...wait, suggested that one, still have to finish my Univ of Iowa Pilot....poo.gif

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
steel bonnet
post May 9 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #3

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 732

Must admit l do like the Master/Apprentice idea.

Though what about a Star Wars universe set on Earth.....now??
Characters actually become the fans,in T-shirts etc.Collecting SW toys/comics etc. Some geared up like there movie counterparts,etc

Or

What about MEDIEVAL Star Wars?? Swords,bows,daggers,shields,etc.
Armour becomes MORE important in keeping one`s self alive,so what would some characters actually wear? Would Luke be a Holy Knight? & Vader the Black Knight,would Chewie be a Barbarian type? Would Leia be a Damsal in Distress type or a Princess Fiona??

Ja
Steel Bonnet

+Quote Post
Delaton
post May 10 2005, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

I think definitely we talked about the "Jedi Crusades" line that Hasbro never made for POTJ. You can see pictures of it here at Vic Wertz's C3 seminar.

I like the Master and Apprentice thing, although it's not dissimilar to the Evolutions line Hasbro's planning to do.

What about a "Timothy Zahn" edition with characters from all of his novels? (Yeah, I know, I have a good head start)

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post May 13 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #5

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Some good suggestions so far, a lot of them seem to be of a "What If?" variety. We sorta did something like that with the April Fools Day CC and we tried to do a Crossovers CC which wound up having all of two submissions, 1 from Dan and 1 from me (mine btw is hidden in the Rebel Pilots CC, try to find it. tongue.gif ) so that got cancelled. We can take another crack at it, using the ideas suggested so far, like Alternate Universe characters, crossovers into other franchises, or whatever comes to mind, something out of the ordinary. We can pull something together for that after the next CC which I'm going to try the run with the Master & Apprentice idea since its intriguing and can play off of ROTS.

As for the return of a CC, I announced yesterday the return of the Clonetroopers Casting Call to again play off the many Clones coming out of ROTS. Here's a question I pose to you, would you rather see the new ROTS based submissions in their own CC or along with the previous AOTC & Clone Wars submissions?

Got CC ideas? Let's hear em! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post May 13 2005, 09:43 AM
Post #6

Sometimes you have to cut the other guy's arm off.

Member No.: 256

Run the ROTS Clonetroopers with the already existing Casting Call. Just because AOTC is over doesn't mean we need to stop making those clones and this way we have all clones in one area for inspiration.

--------------------

Supporting Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post May 13 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #7

Customizing Master

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8

Tonphanan reminded me of a question: We can still submit figures to previous casting calls, right? I ask because I have a Mission Vao in the works, and I'd also like to put a self-portrait custom in the "Customs of Us" at some point. That's still okay, right?

Thanks,
the Findswoman

--------------------

+Quote Post
TND
post May 13 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #8

Customizing General

Member No.: 153

Jason, i say keep them on the same page, but separate them somehow....aotc at top...rots at the bottom.

TND

--------------------

+Quote Post
Delaton
post May 13 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Surviving Admin Member

I'm going to go against the wave of thought here and say make the Clones from ROTS their own casting call. If you look, the AOC clones take up a huge amount of space. If ROTS got their own page, we could use that for one month, giving us another month pause for he Master & Apprentice one.

Thoughts? dry.gif

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

Email:
Websites:
Forums:

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post May 13 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #10

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Hmm at this point, I'm leaning towards a mix of suggestions, ROTS on the top, with AOTC on the bottom of the same CC so everyone can see all the clones together, but still keep them seperated by movie. I'm still open to ideas though, so keep em coming.

Tonphanan reminded me of a question: We can still submit figures to previous casting calls, right? I ask because I have a Mission Vao in the works, and I'd also like to put a self-portrait custom in the "Customs of Us" at some point. That's still okay, right?

Thanks,
the Findswoman

You can always submit figures to previous Casting Calls, they're always opened. We had someone this past week submit customs to 4 of the first 10 Casting Calls from over 4 years ago. So send them on in, details are on the front page.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post May 16 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #11

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Ok in hindsight, I've decided to push the deadline for new ROTS-based Clones until the following weekend. So you now have until May 29th to get your Clonetroopers into us for the Casting Call. I see a lot of them on the board, so lets see them in the Return of the Clonetroopers Casting Call.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Jul 8 2007, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Master of digging up the old threads, but that's because I understand that if I do a SEARCH first people who have been here less than a year, I can find the topic I want generally speaking...

Onto business. Had another few ideas for a Casting Call because it's been a while and it seems to be lacking off the list.

Tales of the Jedi era characters. I'm talking the original Dark Horse comics. With most now being reprinted for the various anniversaries, it makes sense. (and like Ash, I have a head start on this on tongue.gif ) Plus I'm curious to see if anyone has a Thon or Vodo Baas out there.

Legacy. Before it was way to premature to do it. Now that it finally going TPB, its out there and there's sufficient art. Although this is my least favorite of the group I'm putting forward.

New Jedi Order Jedi Knights. While there is the Yuuzhan Vong, there definitely has to be their cursed Jeedai. While that could go under Jedi Academy, I sort of see that Casting Call as arbitrarily anything between The Jedi Academy Trilogy and the poo.gif -tastic Leviathan comic. This would increase the numbers greatly (and like Ash, I REALLY have a head start on everybody there). This is my favorite of the group.

Final one, and relatively simiple one. Since we had an all Zahn created character, I suggest an all Stackpole/Allston created characters. We'll be generous and keep Hobbie and Janson in that group too.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Jul 8 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #13

Surviving Admin Member

Jason and I have been talking about a new CC soon. None of the topics you mentioned directly, but we'll discuss them behind the scenes.

Thanks for the input.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

Email:
Websites:
Forums:

+Quote Post
Ben Skywalker
post Jul 9 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #14

customizing knight

Member No.: 1,668

Oh boy now I'm gonna get it!

LEGACY: Gotta get one out there!
Legacy of the force: This way we can get Darth Caedus and Ben Skywalker out there (and I aint talkin' about me)

Infinites: Not sure if ffurg has had one or not. It would be cool to see some of our heros' "what if" looks.

--------------------
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

"Gentlemen never let it be said that I did not arrive first with the most"- Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest

"Blaming guns for crimes is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donell's obesity!"

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Jul 9 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Jul 9 2007, 02:18 PM)
Infinites: Not sure if ffurg has had one or not. It would be cool to see some of our heros' "what if" looks.

Problem with Infinities is that only 2 major characters have any new outfits or looks. Everything is pretty much by the numbers as they appeared in the films.

I did suggest a Mirror Universe in some other thread, Palpatine as a good guy, Luke and Han with goatees, thus evil! That would be more appropriate.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
Ben Skywalker
post Jul 9 2007, 03:18 PM
Post #16

customizing knight

Member No.: 1,668

Really? I thought they all looked different (never read the series). I'd like the mirror universe I already have a figure for that......POPE PALPATINE!!

--------------------
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

"Gentlemen never let it be said that I did not arrive first with the most"- Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest

"Blaming guns for crimes is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donell's obesity!"

+Quote Post
clonecommander97...
post Jul 10 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #17

Customizing High Council

Member No.: 2,086

how 'bout medics? medical droids, field medics, etc.just an idea...

--------------------
..._..."..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = = = ♥
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//__

click it. i dare you

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Jul 10 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #18

FFURG Man-At-Arms

QUOTE (Ben Skywalker @ Jul 9 2007, 02:18 PM)
Oh boy now I'm gonna get it!

LEGACY: Gotta get one out there!
Legacy of the force: This way we can get Darth Caedus and Ben Skywalker out there (and I aint talkin' about me)

I haven't been able to put everything together yet for the next Casting Call, should have it done by Thursday hopefully if I can muster the time. But I will say that these particular suggestions weighed heavily for the reasoning behind the next CC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post Dec 7 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #19

Sometimes you have to cut the other guy's arm off.

Member No.: 256

StarWars.com had a funny article on unlikely Unleashed figures. I thought this might make a good casting call. Don't know if you are looking for any ideas at the moment but here is the concept.
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/ha...1205/index.html

Take an obscure or background character. Someone who didn't have much screen time or time in one of the other medias..comics,books,etc..and not a MAJOR character or TROOPER. A character that you wouldn't think would be Unleashed.

The characters would be in a static pose with an environment base.

--------------------

Supporting Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Dec 7 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (tonphanan @ Dec 7 2007, 10:03 PM)
StarWars.com had a funny article on unlikely Unleashed figures. I thought this might make a good casting call. Don't know if you are looking for any ideas at the moment but here is the concept.
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/ha...1205/index.html

Take an obscure or background character. Someone who didn't have much screen time or time in one of the other medias..comics,books,etc..and not a MAJOR character or TROOPER. A character that you wouldn't think would be Unleashed.

The characters would be in a static pose with an environment base.

We can't do Fozek unleashed, at least not on a family friendly web site. devil.gif devil.gif

Besides, doesn't Hasbro do this to us every April 1 with Ice Cream Maker Guy My Little Pony?

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 10:13 PM || Skin by Metalaxe