> GI Joe Stuff, Some Repaints to more "Realistic" colors
meandnooneelse
post Sep 25 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #161

Building a custom figurenator!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,106

QUOTE (DnJcustoms @ Sep 25 2010, 04:49 PM) *
Yeah, this looks great! It's a huge improvement over what was a rather lame figure from Hasbro. Where did you get the sword rack? I might have need of something like that in the very near future...
That sword rack comes with the Snake Eyes/Hard Master comic pack.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Dec 23 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #162

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

poo.gif Look what I did!!! To all those who think I do nothing but post ( censored.gif -holes), I do still make stuff . rolleyes.gif

BLACKOUT

ROC Neo-Viper (from SerpentSNAKE Armor set), SpyTroops Blackout head and goggles, Marauder rifle and Spytroops Blackout belt with the middle cut out.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post Dec 23 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #163

Formerly DnJcustoms

Member No.: 2,659

Awesome! I like what you did with this. As lame as the Neo-Vipers are, that body is incredibly useful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post Dec 27 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #164

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

Nice job with ol' Busey there. I think Don's comments about cover it. Some silver webgear would really put him over the top.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Dec 27 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #165

QUOTE (meandnooneelse @ Dec 27 2010, 12:23 PM) *
Nice job with ol' Busey there. I think Don's comments about cover it. Some silver webgear would really put him over the top.

Funny you should mention that, I was debating about putting some of the SpyTroops snap on disguise stuff. Still am. Needs painting. What have we noticed about my customs that are done since I started putting them up again? No painting. *sighs*. I thought I could let it slide given how the Neoviper seems to have built in silver padding on the shins and forearms which are much greater on the original figure.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Mar 13 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #166

Sandstorm

So, what makes him a custom as opposed to a bunch of accessory swaps? Hands have been changed with a Pit Commando. The head is the "disguise" from the PoC ZartanRaptor, as is the overcoat, the duffle. The rifle comes from Roll Bar from the Snarler cycle. Remember, Sandstorm was originally slated to be in the cancelled Target Exclusive RAM (ie the 4th or 5th wave of the Target vehicle exclusives) and is the "person" the above mentioned not-Zartan is supposed to be disguised as.

QUOTE (pbarny @ Apr 16 2006, 07:55 PM) *
General Joseph Colton

He's the original GI Joe. Simple head swap. GI Joe head from Viper Lockdown and Gen Abernathy VvV Body, M4 is Maurader Inc.

So time for a revision. It helps that with the Chuclkes custom that was replaced by the Attack on Cobra island 7 pack version had a spare Indiana Jones body...Put on one Obi-Wan head (which I think came from the version that made the Soft Master), and you have an older Gen Colton.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Mar 16 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #167

OM censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif G.

QUOTE ("Joliet" Jake Blues)
Jesus censored.gif tap dancing censored.gif

Did I paint some more? I never threaten, I carry through.

Doc

Rather simple update using couple of Indiana Jones parts, and the TRU Orange will not get lost in the snowstorm Doc head.

GI Jane

Joe Colton's assitant/nurse/woman. Lady Jaye body, GI Jane head, skin tone painted, with GI Jane legs. Yeah, I could've either painted the legs or the crotch to match, but I didn't. hypocrite.gif No desire to either.

Roadpig

Drawin in the comics as massive, I went BIG. Marvel Universe Juggernaut with movie Hulk2 head. First time using the MU bodies, gotta say, like them. Were I not such a total whore for Star Wars, would get into this line had I the time, money and interest in minor characters (how many Iron Mans, Spidermans and Captain Americas does on need or is that Snake Eyes Storm Shadow and Duke or Type II Clone Trooper, Yoda, Commtech Cantina Han Solo, Hasbro?). I envision each of the Dreadnoks as hardcore addicts, not that light grape soda (alcohol) and Jelly donuts (crack/meth) of the comics. Roadpig is different. He uses anabolic steroids and HGHs so much that he has grown to this size. And Roid rage? Well if he gets angry as exhibited here, not even Zarana can calm him down. The dirty feel is to make him fit in with the biker gang, hygine challenged dreadnoks. So yeah, a lot of uneven paint and highlighting was intentional and rather than perfect it one way or the other, decided to stop till I paint a whole lot more again.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Apr 17 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #168

Here's a few more for you (not) dry.gif to comment on my return to painting and not just parts swapping. censored.gif

Covergirl

I admit, I really screwed this up trying to make it several times and this is the compromise with what parts I had left. I ruined several trying to crack torsos despite Gene's best efforts to talk me through it. I even practiced on several other GI Joe 25th/ROC torsos and had no problems, of course they were male. The female ones just bent and bubbled. Oh, so what made me do this one? Well Sick of her o-ring breaking every 6 months like ever other post 1997 o-ring figure. So the parts: Head, forearms, and jacket are DTC Comic Pack Covergirl, POC Body has had neck post trimmed, and holes drilled into the forearms to accept POC Covergirl hands.

Raptor

Fixing Hasbro's misnamed POC figure that is not Zartan. Painted the cowl and eyes, as well as enlarged the hole in the back of the cowl and back to accept the ARAH Raptor wings.

The Crimson Guard Commanders/Twins

Tomax

Xamot

The Twins are just ROC Destro's with the holster's removed (and traded away along time ago) with casts of the 25th Comic Pack heads. I obviously need work on head painting here. I was using a drafting pen to add the eyebrows and the primary crevese of Xamot's scar.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
pbarny
post May 4 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #169

Barrel Roll, v1

Here's one of the newer and actually memorable characters from the last of the o-ring era. Sniper/glider/brother Barrel Roll. Just a RoC Air Raid painted up blue and grey.

Darklon

So, Destro from UPB pack body, Darklon head cast (all that is left after the post office delivered a package to the wrong address and the land lord threw it out in violation of federal law), Indiana Jones gunbelt and Darth Vader cape.

Rip-It

25th version HISS driver body and lower legs from 25th Cobra officer. Belt came from bombstrike.

Col Brekov

Here's one of the handful that really turned me off o-rings (the other being the 97 TRU Viper 3 pack, 37 o-rings, 4 years between those 4 figures. Unacceptable). So it's an Indy Jones Nazi with the comic pack brekov head and painted up brown and tan.

Edit: Anyone else having problems seeing the pictures? all the links are valid/copied from photobucket. N/m seems to work now.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Nov 16 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #170

End of the year and I'm squeezing some customs out. Simple reason, I have lots of time to kill when I'm changing from AM to PM shifts at the latest lab to employ my services (follow or ask on Facebook what is going on).

Crazylegs

Essentially a Pit Commando with some swapping of hands on the Rip Cord wannabe included with the Snarler cycle. Requisite parts painted red. Head is that of a Pit Commando and the vest/leg webbing that of Ripcord or whoever it was supposed to be.

Bombstrike

So I'm 3/3 on the Stahl sibblings this time taking Allysa aka Bombstrike the younger sister of Barrel Roll and Blackout into modern construction and out of SpyTroops/ValorvsVenom o-ring breakage/disproportionate bodies. Covergirl body, bombstrike head.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Dec 7 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #171

Just some simple things here. Made a couple of characters who were welcomed additions to the joe team in 1989 who weren't that silly. Given how the Joes in theory are outnumbered much of the time, they'd have to rely on specialties that used "heavier" weapons and Repeater a "stedi-cam or heavy gunner" and Hardball "grenadier" fir that nicely. First and update on Hardball

Hardball v2

This is my second attempt at Hardball. I went more military opting for a bbi Elite force body and using the head I had used from the bbi Combat Command figure trimmed. Weapons/accessories stayed the same. Had to glue the head in place.

Repeater

A ROC Rescue Duke body, Indiana Jones Nazi soldier head, indy belt/hoster, Marauader P90 (trimmed) and a bbi-M249 SAW. Yes, the neck is a little too long thin and the hair should be darker. Anything else?

Law

Mutt torso/legs with Greenshirt arms and prince of persia head. Vest is Mutt's. Club is Mutt's but P90 is marauder inc. trimmed again. I did probably make him more Hispanic/darker complected than the file card/original indicates. But than again, Tunnel Rat is a bit too white and not enough Asian; Likewise Zap but Hispanic etc.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 07:21 AM || Skin by Metalaxe