Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mousedroid-Hoojib 12" customs
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Feb 18 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Customizing Knight

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,283

In a more civilised age, "before the dark times, before The Empire", young Togruta women would present themselves as debutantes to show their coming of age. One such one young woman was Kuraska Taasys, the niece of the governor of Shili. In her finest clothes, Kuraska greets potential suitors in the customary Togrutan fashion of not wearing shoes, so as to maintain her spiritual connection to the land.

Recipe:

* Liv Doll Alexis
* some modelling clay
* some wire
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Skull White", "Red Gore", "Space Wolves Grey", "Ultramarines Blue", "Mithril Silver")

While I think that the heads on the Liv Doll range aren't really suitable for use for "normal" 12" figures given their slightly oversized nature, they work perfectly here for a more alien look, particularly with the expression found in the eyes. Although I am happy with how the lekku and montrals came out for the most part, the ridge on the forehead between where the regular head ends and the clay begins is a little too pronounced. It doesn't detract overly from the look of the character, but it could probably be better. I was originally aiming for a 19th century almost steampunk look to the costume, but somewhere along the way ventured off course in exposing a little bit of skin but still maintaining some class.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Feb 18 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #2

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

Actually this would be the perfect 12" Clone Wars style custom as opposed to realistic.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Mar 12 2012, 02:06 AM
Post #3

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 3,283

For a bit of fun, here is George Lucas' second choice to be Han Solo - Christopher Walken:

Recipe:

* Diver4 Christopher Walken head
* Barbie Fashionistas Ken (for the entire body, sans head and neck)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Scorched Brown", "Bestial Brown", "Ultramarines Blue", "Dark Flesh")

For my first attempt at a 12" scale male character, I am really happy with how this guy came out. The head sculpt is brilliant so it was a pleasure to paint it, and the costume was relatively simple to put together. If you haven't already seen it, have a look at Kevin Spacey's impersonation of Christopher Walken in the screen test for Han Solo from Saturday Night Live from a few years ago - it is well worth your time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 01:46 PM || Skin by Metalaxe