> Mousedroid-Hoojib customs
pbarny
post Jun 6 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #41

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (Mousedroid-Hoojib @ Jun 5 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Thank-you very much for the kind words TND - they are much appreciated.

I picked up a couple of Triad Toys 12" base bodies a month or so ago (the Eva head looks remarkably like Natalie Portman) with the intention of trying my hand at some larger scale customs, but haven't yet got firm plans to start anything.

I was thinking that maybe starting simple with something akin to Molly Mahoney from Mr Magorium might be a good first step though:

It may be a while before I get to this as I've got a long "wish-list" of customs in 3.75" scale that I would like to tackle first...

Except that doll's got a rack, and well Portman doesn't, or didn't until she got knocked up. hypocrite.gif

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Jun 11 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #42

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 3,283

Here is padawan Ahsoka Tano in Cold Weather Gear, based upon a sketch by Grant Gould (grantgoboom on DeviantArt) and used in the SW Galaxy 5 Topps trading card series:

Recipe:

* Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano in Space Suit (for the head and lower legs)
* Clone Wars Padme Amidala in Adventure Gear (for the body sans head and lower legs)
* some material
* some wool
* some household plastic
* some paint (Citadel "Blazing Orange", "Rotting Flesh", "Dark Green Ink")
* a tiny bit of modelling clay

While I was initially trying to mimic the art seen above, I began to deviate (no pun intended) once I started sewing the costume together - after all, Ahsoka is a teenager so she likely has multiple costumes in her wardrobe for every occasion. I don't know that the pants work as well as they should, but I am happy with the jacket, vest and hood, even if working with the wool was a bit of a pain in the proverbial.

Ahsoka is ready to take on some "clankers" in the frozen wastes:

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Jun 25 2011, 01:20 AM
Post #43

Customizing Knight

One of the more overt Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy was Jedi Master Tretsim Loofehtytip. Where knights such as Ecurb-eel would revert to violence only where necessary, Tretsim would encourage his opponents to attack him through taunts, knowing full well that his skills would be more than their match.

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "Head-26 I pity the Fool"

* Hasbro Marvel Universe Union Jack (for the entire body, sans head)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Scorched Brown", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Burnished Gold")

More of a test of some new materials that I picked up from a $2 shop than something I went out of my way to make in this particular guise, this is probably better than it has any right to be. The pants are a shiny, leather-look material which will be used on a couple of other figures that I intend to visit shortly, with the top being from some 1:1 stockings which hopefully will end up being used for 1:18 stockings in future.

"I pity the fool who can't tame a Wampa."

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Jul 17 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #44

Customizing Knight

Known for his ability to triumph against all odds, Jedi Master Obmar Sly was a leading member of the Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy. While his relationship with Jedi Master Tretsim Loofehtytip was a little Rocky, he worked particularly well with other Jedi despite giving the impression of being somewhat Expendable.

Recipe:

* Slayer Design Studio "Head-11 FirstBlood"

* Marvel Universe Union Jack (for the entire body sans head)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Elf Flesh", "Red Gore", "Burnished Gold")

While the head is certainly First Blood era Rambo, I wanted to incorporate more Rocky inspired thematic elements into the costume (particularly given the previous Mr T Jedi), hence the colours. For something that was very quick to throw together, I think that this came out pretty well. I had originally painted the head a darker flesh tone, but from certain angles, he kinda-sorta then looked a bit like former Pakistani cricketer Wasim Akram so I reverted back to the tried and true "Elf Flesh".

Obmar Sly rides his pet Varactyl into battle.

+Quote Post
Seeker
post Jul 17 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,711

A little rocky... LOL I love it.....Takes me back to the days Of celebrity cameos on the GI Joe Team...Great job guys!

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Aug 14 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #46

Customizing Knight

With confirmation from Hasbro in a recent Q&A that characters from the Outlander Club in Attack Of The Clones are not on the radar, I thought that the time was probably right to go back and revisit one of my first attempts at customisation - Nyrat Agira:

Recipe:

* Dragonball Evolution Bulma (for the head, sans hair)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for the entire body, sans head)
* some modelling clay
* some cheap, coloured hair extensions
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Red Gore", "Blood Red", "Chaos Black", "Skull White")

As a background character whose most notable claim to fame seems to be her underwear, Nyrat Agira probably doesn't deserve one custom figure, much less the two that I have now completed. Given that the first version that I did was in hindsight terrible...

... this new one gets much closer to what I wish Hasbro might release in the future. This is the first time that I've tried using "hair" on a custom - no doubt if I were to look back on this attempt in the future, I will think that that it is terrible too. It is all a learning process, after all.

"Where are those death-sticks when you need them?"

+Quote Post
KateDaring52
post Aug 16 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 3,368

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Sep 4 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #48

Customizing Knight

Sitting front and centre of the Council of the Knights Of An Older Republic Than That Which Featured In The Prequel Trilogy is perhaps the greatest Jedi Master of all time, Sirron Reklaw:

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "PO-8 Chuck PO- Chuck"
* Dragonball Evolution Piccolo (for the body, sans head)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for elements from the belt and wrist gauntlets)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Red Gore", "Bubonic Brown", "Chestnut Ink")

I didn't spend as much time on preparing this particular figure as I normally would, but I think that this has come out all the better for it. The robes are simple and there wasn't all that much to do on the paint given how spot-on the likeness is.

"You don't go looking for Sirron Reklaw; Sirron Reklaw goes looking for you."

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Sep 6 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #49

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

But if he's not wearing cowboy boots, it's incomplete. pinch.gif

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Sep 18 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #50

Customizing Knight

Here is George R. Binks, traditional whaler from Otoh Gunga and disappointed father of Jar Jar, as he appeared in issue 20 of Star Wars Tales:

I'm not sure of the legality of it, but you can read the entirety of his entry in this book here. Be warned though that the content in the second half of the story could be regarded as triggering, so please be careful.

Recipe:

* Hallmark 2001 Jar Jar Binks ornament (for the hands, ears and majority of the head, heavily modified)
* The Corps "Mirage" (for the body, sans head and hands)
* "World Jurassic" T.Rex (for the lower jaw)
* some wire
* some beads
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Bubonic Brown", "Graveyard Earth", "Bleached Bone", "Skull White", "Chaos Black")

Beyond there perhaps being still too much of a similarity to Jar Jar that I thought might be lessened by the significant modifications to the head and the different coloured paint, I think that this has come out reasonably well.

"We Binkses have a tradition that goes back hundreds of years, sailing across the seas on voyages that sometimes take us around the world..."

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Oct 13 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #51

Customizing Knight

Ever since I was a wee little one, one particular page in the Planet Of The Hoojibs read-along book has stuck with me for some reason:

The look of that speeder bike was somehow familar, but also different enough to be entirely unique, and coupled with a removable helmet Vader, was always something that I wished Kenner had put out in the vintage line.

Recipe:

* 14g of modelling clay
* some plastic from around the house
* GI Joe ROC Storm Shadow (for the handlebars from the suction cup thingy)
* some material
* some buttons
* some paint (Citadel "Fortress Grey", "Mithril Silver", "Chaos Black", "Ultramarines Blue", "Red Gore", "Golden Yellow", "Skull White", "Rotting Flesh", "Goblin Green")

I have tried making this bike a few times previously, but none of them have been any good. Thankfully this version is considerably better although there is still room for improvement. While the front of the bike is close to the correct scale in comparison to a person, the back is perhaps a little too tall. The side stabilisers are likewise perhaps a little too wide, but with the lack of reference material (there are more images of the bike in Marvel Star Wars issue #55, but it is radically different to the version in the read-along book), who is to say that they aren't spot on?

For something a little different, I added a "space whale" motif to the front of the bike which changes its character considerably. Whether it is threatening, however, is open for discussion.

As to household plastic used, the windscreen is from the bottom of a drink container, the struts for the stabilisers are the legs from a pizza table attached to some buttons, and the flaps, shelf for the tank and the foot rest are from a take away container.

Princess Leia patrols the forests of Arbra making sure that the Imperials haven't decided to take an interest in the Hoojib homeworld.

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Oct 28 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #52

Customizing Knight

Everyone knows that Bothan's are renowned spies, but fewer seem to recognise that they are also accomplished commandos, serving alongside the other species in the Alliance To Restore The Republic. One of the leading Rebel commandos is General Karsel Vulk'ges:

Recipe:

* Slayer Design Studio "Creature/Other #81"

* TCW Anakin Skywalker (modified, for the body sans head, forearms, lower legs and robes)
* The Corps Kenji Shinto "Rain" (for the forearms and lower legs)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for pieces of the belt and gauntlets which became the belt buckle and ammo clip)
* TLC Shaak Ti (for a tiny piece of the plastic scarf, which became the rank insignia)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Grave Yard Earth", "Bestial Brown", "Scorched Brown", "Bleached Bone", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Red Gore", "Codex Grey", "Chestnut Ink")

Another pretty simple figure that is better than it has any right to be given the length of time that it took to put together. I was tempted to make a full length trenchcoat for the character using the same material as previously seen on my Mr T Jedi a couple of posts above, but it seemed a little like overkill when the rest of the costume works as nicely as it does.

General Karsel Vulk'ges rides his custom speeder bike into battle against Imperial forces:

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Nov 12 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #53

Customizing Knight

Here is Dardo as he appeared (ever so briefly) in the Dark Horse comic Star Wars: Darth Maul:

Recipe:

* Slayer Design Studio PO-8-2 head
* The Corps Ethan "Spade" Crowne (modified, for the entire body, sans head)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Catachan Green", "Goblin Green", "Camo Green", "Snake Bite Leather", "Blood Red", "Regal Blue", "Golden Yellow", "Chaos Black", "Tin Bitz", "Mithril Silver")

After a couple of superheroines (Wonder Woman and Fallen Angel) that perhaps didn't turn out quite as well as hoped for one reason or another, I thought that I would try something simple from the SW Expanded Universe to get back on the proverbial horse. Given the lack of reference material (Dardo only appears in a few panels over the course of two issues of the comic), I had to embellish Dardo's costume to make him a little more interesting. I think he has come out well.

Dardo prepares to meet Darth Maul for the first (and last) time in battle:

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Nov 26 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #54

Customizing Knight

Here is Senator Orn Free Taa's aide and Associate Planetary Representative to Ryloth, Miela:

(note - don't go looking for pictures of Miela on Google in a public place!)

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "Gene-4 Sexy Tails" head
* Marvel Universe Spider-Woman (for the entire body, sans head)
* some beads
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Blazing Orange", "Kommando Khaki", "Blood Red", "Vomit Brown", "Mithril Silver", "Skull White", "Chaos Black")

This is certainly one of, if not the, most complex costumes I've thus far attempted, although it didn't take all that long to put together. The cloak is composed of three layers of material (black lycra inside, denim look blue lycra outside, overlaid with a black lace simulcra) stitched together, the undershirt is 1:1 stockings with 3mm ribbon added for the cuffs, while the is multiple pieces of material sewn into place onto the figure first with the side wedge pieces added once the necessary cleavage was exposed. While the headpiece isn't quite accurate to the in-universe depiction, I am explaining it away that she had to have it dry-cleaned on the day her pictures were taken here. I am really happy with how this has come out - it looks much better in person than it does in these photos where the orange "pops" against the blue and black.

Miela serves her people in the Senate:

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Dec 17 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #55

Customizing Knight

Here is Edcel Bar Gane, Roonan Senator as seen in The Phantom Menace and some episodes of The Clone Wars:

Recipe:

* TCW Anakin Skywalker (for the entire body, sans head and hands)
* TVC General Grievous (modified, for the hands)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Rotting Flesh", "Mithril Silver", "Chaos Black")

This is a pretty simple figure that has come out reasonably well. The head is one of my first attempts at scratch building anatomy, and while not perfect, it probably isn't as bad as it could have been.

Edcel Bar Gane serves his people in the Galactic Senate during the days leading up to and during The Clone Wars:

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Jan 14 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #56

Customizing Knight

Seeing JohnGWolf's "Rutian Twi lek Pirate" picture on DeviantArt inspired me to turn what is a great character design in 2D into a 3.75" figure - I hope I did it justice. Given that the look of my version of it has deviated a little from the source material - particularly the head and details on the vest - I thought that I would grant her a unique name - Toree'ant, using the Star Wars Galaxies Random Name Generator.

Recipe:

* Marvel Universe Black Widow (modified, for the head and the wrist guantlet which became the belt buckle)
* Vintage Collection Zam Wessell (very heavily modified, for the entire body, sans head and feet)
* Revenge Of The Sith Aayla Secura (for the feet)
* Power Of The Jedi Bespin Guard (modified, for the vest)
* Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker (modified, for the kama which became the shin guards)
* Clone Wars Captain Rex (for the pistol which became the body of the gun)
* Vintage Collection Sandtrooper (for the rifle, which became the barrel and sight of the gun)
* GI Joe Resolute Cobra Commander (for the sword)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Ultramarines Blue", "Ice Blue", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Codex Grey", "Scorched Brown", "Mithril Silver")

I am quite happy with how this whole figure has turned out, from the gun (being two significantly different pieces brought together), to the sculpted chest details (breasts and belly on top of a significantly modified Zam Wessell) to the head (once more sculpted) - everything worked pretty much exactly as I had hoped, which is relatively uncommon for me.

Don't let her looks fool you - Toree'ant is a ruthless pirate guest waiting for the right moment to strike.

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Jan 21 2012, 02:04 AM
Post #57

Customizing Knight

In the waning days of the Republic, Chancellor Valorum, amidst allegations of corruption, decided to implement a new measure to try to bring a level of excitement back to his constituents - a Miss Universe competition.

Whereas it was expected that any one of a number of Twi'lek beauties would be bestowed with the inaugural crown, there was a degree of shock when a lovely Wookiee lady - Geyytobuck - was awarded the prize. One more piece of evidence of the corruption rife in the government; or is galactic beauty becoming more civilised?

Recipe:

* Legacy Collection Chewbacca (for the entire body, sans head and more piece of the middle section)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for pieces of the hair)
* some modelling clay
* some ribbon
* some paint (Citadel "Grave Yard Earth", "Bubonic Brown", "Chaos Black", "Skull White")

This was just an experiment to see whether sculpting fur would be feasible, rather than a character that I went out of my way to create. I had thought about making a proper (semi-transparent) dress rather than just a sash as I ended up with, but given that Wookiees don't typically wear clothes, it seemed a bridge too far. Of course, Wookiee women also have six breasts, so I have taken some in-universe liberties with the character anyway.

According to Clan Of The Wroshyr, Geyytobuck translates roughly from Shyriiwook as "great singer".

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Feb 11 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #58

Customizing Knight

Io Nahex is a small-time smuggler in the period shortly after the rise of The Empire. Abandoned as a child and taken in by a group of pirates on Boonta, Io suffered through having her face scarred in a fight to prove her worth, losing her right eye and exposing her jaw and teeth through a sliced cheek. As an adult, the jade skinned Io obtained a Corellian freighter and took to illegally running cargo through the "Rampa Rapids" to earn her way. While on the run from The Empire's shock troops, Io met with a Rebel resistance cell where she now yearns to make a difference in the fight against Emperor Palpatine's tyrannical reign.

Recipe:

* Dragonball Evolution Bulma (modified, for the entire body sans head)
* Slayer Design Studio head
* GI Joe: ROC Snake Eyes (for the guns)
* Pirates Of The Caribbean Angelica (for the hat)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some beads
* some paint (Citadel "Goblin Green", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Burnished Gold", "Mithril Silver"

I wasn't quite sure where I was going to go with this figure until I actually got there. With the head missing a part of the cheek ala the DC Comics character Jonah Hex, the only thing that I really knew when starting was that the costume should probably be something akin to the comic version of that character but with more feminine attributes. The maroon coat was a late addition to the costume and I think really gives the rest of the outfit better definition.

Io Nahex is ready to join the Rebel Alliance in the fight against The Empire.

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Feb 18 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #59

Customizing Knight

In the early days of The Empire, Emperor Palpatine ensured that all of his shock troops were trained and ready for combat in any situation on any world under his jurisdiction. One group of these troops specialised in "urban jungle" warfare, wearing camouflage that would hide their presence in a metropolitan landscape.

Recipe:

* POTF2 Stormtrooper (for the chest, groin and upper arms)
* ROTS Clone Trooper (for the forearms and legs)
* Vintage Collection Sandtrooper (for the head)
* Clone Wars Captain Rex (for the viewfinder)
* GI Joe ROC Zartan (for half of the backpack)
* POTF2 Ponda Baba (for the gun)
* some modelling clay
* some paint (Citadel "Space Wolves Gray", "Codex Gray", "Ice Blue", "Chaos Black", "Golden Yellow")

This wasn't something that I went out of my way to make given clones really aren't my "thing", but given a glut of trooper based fodder, I thought that I would throw it together and see if I could do a passable job of painting camouflage on it. Given that it only took about an hour to put together from start to finish, I think that it came out okay.

+Quote Post
Mousedroid-Hooji...
post Feb 29 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #60

Customizing Knight

As seen in a few first season episodes of The Clone Wars TV show, here is Peg Leg Piit, a Weequay member of Hondo Ohnaka's pirate gang based on Florrum:

Recipe:

* Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Star Skiff pilot) (modified, for the body sans head and right lower leg)
* Marvel Universe House Of M Spider-Man (modified, for the base of the head)
* Legacy Collection Princess Leia (Jabba's Slave) (for the side braids)
* Clone Wars Padme Amidala (Adventure Gear) (for the back braids)
* some modelling clay
* some household plastic
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Grave Yard Earth", "Kommando Khaki", "Red Gore", "Liche Purple", "Mithril Silver", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Codex Gray", "Ice Blue", "Goblin Green", "Goldin Yellow")

Once more turning male fodder into a female custom, this figure is the closest I have come yet to sculpting humanoid-like facial features. While I have a long way to go before I can realistically sculpt a Hollywood beauty, I think the Weequay face turned out okay when sculpted on top of Spider-Man's noggin.

Don't think that just because she is missing a leg that Peg Leg Piit is not a sure shot with a blaster:

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 01:58 AM || Skin by Metalaxe