Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Simple Boba Fetts - Animated Style + ESB/RotJ Mix
Lalam
post Dec 6 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,259

Being that this seems like the completely appropriate forum for me to post these in, I thought it'd be an excellent idea to throw these here.

These may not have the quality of the work presented by Darklord, and his astonishing Boba Fett, but my ultimate goal was to create a basic 3.75 inch Boba Fett with ball hinged hips, along with a stylized version.

To start, the Animated style. The base used was the Mandalorian Warrior figure available in the CW line. The first edit was his neck; being that it was far too short, I scrapped an extended neck from the Anakin Skywalker in the CW line (which had the same size ball for the socket), and simply glued it on using CA Craft Glue. After that, I cut off several pieces from a scrap Legacy Collection ESB Boba Fett figure I owned. Those pieces include: the gauntlets, the upper belt containing the two pouches, the mandalorian cape, and his wookie scalps. Then, I simply swapped out the jetpack and the lower legs from the figure. The scope piece on his helmet is from the ARC Trooper figure released for the original animated clone wars. Finally, using acrylics, I finished the figure.

Second, the mix between ESB and RotJ *realism* based Boba. Obviously, everthing you see is the same as the default Boba Fett figure you'll see on shelves, aside from the torso and upper legs. That section was taken from the Vintage Collection Luke's lower body piece. While the red belt piece is some cloth I had lying around, and the crotch armour was a piece of very pliable plastic I cut away at. Everything else is just a repaint done with acrylics. Now, if you hadn't already noticed, this figure is primarily the ESB version, however, it contains the general colorscheme from RotJ. I wanted to clash between the two, being that I loved the newer colorscheme, but liked the older look of Boba. To follow, I also wanted to slightly mirror his appearance off of the newer illustration from the second Force Unleashed game.

I really hope you enjoy these two. Once again, these obviously aren't as amazing as the ones from Darklord, but I wasn't making the attempt to make either completely perfect (and I, quite frankly, don't think I have the ability to kit bash as well as him... scratch building is my primary hobby)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Solo
post Dec 7 2010, 02:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,251

I absolutly love the look of the animated figure. The helmet really stands out and is one of the reasons I have wanted to tackle a custom similar to yours with one of the new CW mando figures. The paint looks great and I like the dulled tones you used. My only nit pick would be the left over holsters. Did you consider shaving them off? Or leaving one for a esb style boba holster?

I also like your idea for the second figure. Good use of parts there. smile.gif

+Quote Post
TND
post Dec 8 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Customizing General

Member No.: 153

i like both of these figures. definately a fearsome bounty hunter here.

for the animated guy, I agree with Solo about the holsters...they almost blend in, just not quite. did you think about making the animated figure's paint job a little more vivid? seems that the dark/dull/weathered version keeps it from standing out as "animated"

I kinda dig the "blended" ESB/ROTJ style on the realistic figure and really dig the weathering job on him!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lalam
post Dec 12 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,259

I don't think I'll be ridding of holsters, no. They look a bit off, yes, but didn't have the supplies ready to cut them away and add the real pouches.

On a side note, right now I'm working on a figure that's going to be a LOT more accurate. The appearance is, again, going to kind of revolve around his model in The Force Unleashed II, but this time, I'm doing a lot more work of my own, instead of just scrapping things from seperate figures.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:26 PM || Skin by Metalaxe