Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Take-apart a Vintage Collection ROTJ R2-D2?
don
post Nov 16 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

I picked up a spare Vintage Collection ROTJ R2-D2 this afternoon and was thinking that with the recessed arm in his chest this would make a really nice 'ultimate R2-D2' but I'd like to replace the head with one that doesn't have holes in it.
Anyone try taking this R2 apart yet? Any advice?
Anyone try fitting it with a replacement head from another R2? Again, any advice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Nov 17 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #2

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

I've taken apart the EP I "rocket" R2, the body that was used for most of the R3/R4 droids in the PotJ era. But not a VotC R2. I've refit them with casted R5 heads, the faux Y-Wing droid head, and a BAD head. If you want insight into taking those apart, I'll go back and look over what I did. I have no clue because my experince has taught me that I can destroy the body to get to the head or destroy the head to keep the body the first time till you figure out where all the seems are. I'm sure others out there have done it less destructively. Other than that, I'd be very curious how this turns out even though the most over used word on this site is "ultimate character" pinch.gif

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:41 AM || Skin by Metalaxe