Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First attempts with Dremel, Finally a new first for me...
Andy
post Aug 3 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Customizing Knight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,916

This weekend I bought a Dremel. The 4.8v cordless. I finally bite the bullet and tried to hollow out an older peg head to fit the newer ball joints. And pleasantly surprised myself with SUCCESS! graduated.gif I almost could have poo.gif myself with excitement. I grabbed two more heads and started cutting and hollowing! I have a little talent there! I will still have to get a feel for the dremel and buy some accessories for smooth filing/buffing. Any suggestions on the best pieces for the very fine smoothing and sanding? I know all of the dremel parts have specific numbers. I want to get pictures as soon as I can to show my first attempts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Andy
post Aug 4 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #2

Customizing Knight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,916

The only enamels I use are fingernail polish and they don't get sticky on me. I use acrylics, but it might be the clear coat I used AFTER the paint. I don't remember what it was now since I had used it all up a while back. And only some figures that were coated the same way get sticky, some don't. The plastic that the arms and legs are made of mostly get tacky. The hard plastics stay okay. Model Masters I have not tried. My closest Hobby Lobby is an hour from here, so I don't get there very often. I'll have to plan a stop next time in I'm going that way. But back to the plastics, the newer figures are very bendable plastic, almost rubber-like. I find that paint doesn't stick as well to it.

I am not sure which Maul it was. It had peg arms that only round but was articulated at at least on of the elbows. Has bendable knees. He wasn't shirtless, though. I boiled him, but maybe just not long enough. I had boiled and popped before, just not the 15 point articulates. They had cost more so I was nervous to even try. The Maul loss wasn't great, I only wanted his head. I may end up trying to use his pelvis/legs since they are already solid black.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:45 AM || Skin by Metalaxe