> Leaders of Rogue Squadron
CorranHorn
post Jul 10 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #1

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi All,

I'm back with another set of customs. As I ease myself back into the hobby, I'm finding that I'm starting off with a lot of headswaps that complete certain wants. Such is the case with this trio of customs...

The Leaders of Rogue Squadron - Wedge Antilles (X-Wing Pilot), Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot), and Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot)

X-Wing Wedge: RS Comic Pack Wedge head, Target Excl. body & helmet
Snowspeeder Luke: HTTE Comic Pack Luke head, TLC body & helmet
Snowspeeder Wedge: Target Excl. head & helmet, TLC Evolutions Wes Janson body

Simple headswaps sometimes make for satisfying figures as is the case here. I wanted an X-Wing Wedge for all eras and thought the Comic Pack head was a better representation than the one we received in the Target Exclusive X-Wing set hence the choice there. To get this head on, I had to do a bit of carving on both the neck peg and the hole in the head to get a good fit.

I'm not a big fan of the Snowspeeder pilots having the head glove on so I wanted my TLC Snowspeeder Luke to have a normal head. There are not a lot of good heads out there that match Luke from ESB, the HTTE Comic Pack Luke came close (though it is closer to ROTJ) so it won out. Having a spare Evo Janson, I wanted to continue making as many of the Hoth Rogues as possible so the left over Wedge head went there.

That about does it for now, hopefully more customs coming soon.

Happy Customizing!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post Jul 10 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Sometimes you have to cut the other guy's arm off.

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Head swaps are the best option for beginnners and clearing the head when there is writters block. All three look good. The Luke head choice was a good one. The comic Wedge head is the best for all era head. I too like it better than any of the old ones. How did you keep the helmets under their arms? Mine always fall out unsure.gif

--------------------

Supporting Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:30 PM || Skin by Metalaxe