Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cardback coating, what coating to use
sw4ever
post Mar 18 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #1

Customizing Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,154

Hello my name is william and I have been making custom star wars cards for about 4 years. My goal is to make and card evey vintage cradback known so I can display on my walls. I have been a finish sprayer for 8 years and I have tried lots of diffrent coating on my cards. I found that the best looking coating that looks close to the original is the coating used for blister packaging. The coating is called HEAT SEAL. The way I apply is spray on with top loader spray gun. The coating dries quick so you need to spray light coats so it doesn't crack. The coating reacts better to thicker paper than thin because thin soaks up more. You can use thin paper on adhensive paper but you will need to do more coats of heat seal. I got a 5 gal bucket that cost me about $160.00 with shipping. I have only sprayed around a hundred and iI still have over 3/4 of a bucket. I'm sure you could get 1,000 to 2,000 cardbacks sprayed from 1 5 gal bucket. It looks good but does take more time to make cardbacks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
meccano-man
post Mar 22 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Customizing High Council

Group: Members
Member No.: 57

Could we see some pictures of these "coated" cardbacks? This sounds very interesting, indeed. Thanks for posting. I didn't know people were actually trying this method. Where did you buy the HEAT SEAL coating?

--------------------
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret." - Emporer Palpatine™

WANTED: Lili Ledy­® ESB Generic Cardback

©2014 Sunflake Circle Graphics, Inc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 04:08 PM || Skin by Metalaxe