Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Galaxy Of Terror: Cult Of Cthulhu
The Spectre
post Feb 22 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #1

The Spirit Of Wrath

Group: Members
Member No.: 551

Transmission from Professor H. Johnz, Exoarchaeologist to Joh Kolton, Leader Of The Adventure Team:

Rumors surrounding the doomsday Cult Of Cthulhu go back thousands of years to pre-Old Republic times. Most modern scholars believe that Cthulhu is nothing but a legend, but others, particularly those studying the Force and it's impact on galactic history disagree.They believe that the power of Cthulhu is deeply rooted in what would become known as the "dark side" or even the Sith teachings, but predates both concepts by tens of thousands of years.

The basic premise is this:

Cthulhu, one of the "Old Ones", existed long before any species now existing gained sentience and his starspawned ilk dominated the universe for time untold. Eventually, their society and their power waned and Cthulhu took up residence in his massive city R'lyeh, which sunk beneath the waves. No one is sure just exactly which planet R'lyeh exists on, or even that it exist on any one planet in any one galaxy. Some theories suggest that R'lyeh either exists across multiple points in space and time simultaneously or that it periodically shifts location by some yet unknown, possibly mystical, means.

The Cult Of Cthulhu seeks to find R'lyeh and awaken the sleeping God. They are believed to have cells on just about any planet with a sizable body of water on it but are supposedly focusing on planets that are more or less covered with water such as Mon Calamari, Dak and Aquos.They hope to awaken Cthulhu with incantations from a tome known as the "Necronomicon". The Necronomicon is an arcane text older than any known book in the galaxy and is said to be bound in flesh and written in blood. No one knows how many copies exist or if the book even truly exists at all, but it is known that the Emperor was searching for a copy shortly before his demise over Endor.

The cult is noted for chanting its horrid phrase or ritual: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", which translates as "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming." This is often shortened to "Cthulhu fhtagn", which might possibly mean "Cthulhu waits", "Cthulhu dreams", or "Cthulhu waits dreaming."

The Cult's activcities have increased in the years following the death of Emperor Palpatine, it is feared that they may have found the location of R'lyeh and plan on carrying out their dark plans. That is why If the Cult ever succeeds in waking the Old Ones, the Galaxy as we know it will be doomed...

Due to heavy pic load:
See Pics Here!

--------------------
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Foundng Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

Visit The Spectre on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
The Spectre
post Feb 22 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #2

The Spirit Of Wrath

Group: Members
Member No.: 551

Thanks CC972!

I have been collecting long robed figures for a few years now in order to pull this project off!

I have another EP.I Darth Sidious coming as part of a trade and want another 5 for a total of 12 regular Worshipers smile.gif

There is more coming to this project! Look for several dio parts over the next few weeks and a full diorama environment sometime next year!

The small statues are RPG accessories called "Bag Of Cthulhu" and came with 24 small ones and 6 large ones (which are being used for dio elements). I have a ton of extra small ones that i am still trying to decide what I am going to do with.

The staff is a custom blend of a Vintage Bib Fortuna staff and a head carefully carved from one of the small Cthulhus smile.gif

The open Necronomicon is a HEAVILY modded "Army Of Darkness" Necronomicon. I repeatedly heated and carved it to remove the chunk of "pages" and then spread it as wide as I could and built up new "pages" with small rectangles of plastic cut from action figure bubble packaging.

--------------------
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Foundng Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

Visit The Spectre on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 02:29 AM || Skin by Metalaxe