> Hasbro Diorama Contest - CTF Submission
CorranHorn
post Sep 30 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #1

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi All,

I wanted to share some pics of the Hasbro Diorama contest entry my local collector's group the CTF (Chicago Trade Federation) put together. I played a small part in working on this - the damaged wall and floor of the green building & the roof bunker on the taller building, plus some odds and ends like the bridge headbanging2.gif - and the whole gang is proud of the accomplishment. Major props to JoeRhyno, Lt. Bryll, and Wedge1968 for all the planning and effort they went into this. It was definitely quite an achievement to get the entire group (7-8 guys) working on at various times throughout the last month so I had to show off a little... graduated.gif

More details and pictures can be found Here.

If you submitted a diorama to the Hasbro contest show it off in this thread.

Happy Customizing!
Jason

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimmy_2Pack
post Sep 30 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,481

It was an honor to work on this for 3 of the 5 Sundays. This diorama is a definite contender for the grand prize in the Hasbro contest.

I learned a lot in the process from Joe, Bryll, and the others. CorranHorn, it was fun to work with you on the roof-top entry station. I learned how to do a wash followed by a dry-brush technique to battle damage about 40+ clone troopers, 1 Turbo Tank (the 2nd destoryed TT was all Joe), the Rep. Gunship, (and 2 Droid tanks that couldn't fit in the diorama in the end). I learned that Liquid Nails is the go to substance for putting floors down, and that wooden buildings are heavy and need 3 or more people to lift. I learned that reflective black plastic looks more realistic than painted black for windows (they were tough to hold down though, bendy as they were, before we could get the outside shell/wall on permanently). I also learned to be careful with exploding aresol cans and using a knife whist drinking beer. Most of all, I was so very impressed with the latent custom skills each member brought to the project.

A better custom crew I have never seen! thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
darthschroeder
post Oct 3 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Co-Founder

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

Pretty cool set-up, guys.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 05:24 PM || Skin by Metalaxe