Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working on Bogie, Fitting custom heads on 1/6 bodies
sammiam
post Sep 30 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,062

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to custom figure making. So far I've just made some custom figures using stuff I've gotten from Ebay including a Wild, Wild West/James West from old Marx Johnny West stuff, which has been pretty easy. I'm working on a Humphrey Bogart with a custom head I found on Ebay. My question is: the head is about the size of a Johnny West figure and the body which I got also from Ebay (via China) is a "Dragon 1/6 Neo-3" which seems to be way bigger than the head. Where do I get the right size body? I'm learning about different manufacturers: BBI, Dragon, etc, but don't know much yet.....Thanks.... sammiam
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Sep 30 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #2

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

1/6 is a 12" figure. Ken from Barbie, GI Joe and older Star Wars 12" figures (90s), bbi and PTE also have 12". Basically, any 12" figure should do it. The trick is the joint from the head to the neck differs slightly on all depending if they just allow for rotation or up and down movement as well as rotation. That's the extent of my 12" knowledge.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Guest_X179396828_*
post Mar 27 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #3

Guests

Very good idea, good, to learn to study

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:56 AM || Skin by Metalaxe