Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My somewhat of a custom thread
Sev
post Sep 26 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,061

Okay here is my custom thread. I will post more as I make them but for now, this is what I have. I'm new btw keep that in mind pinch.gif

Clone Wars Animated Clone Commando:

Not much going on here but I did like the overall look. I cut off the fin on the old helmet mold and widened the end of the visor a bit. Then I painted part of the visor and put the pack on. I tried to keep it simple.

http://i36.tinypic.com/15xkcwk.jpg

41st Elite Corps Trooper w/ holster and backpack:

Nothing was really done here other than swapping belts with a Commander Gree and putting the backpack on. I just decided to show it because I think it works really well and is a good stand out from the other clones.

http://i35.tinypic.com/v865t.jpg

Lastly I like my clones to look like they've been through hell xD

I don't know if I really did enough to call them customs but hope some of you like them. Overall I was pretty happy with them.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post Sep 27 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #2

Formerly DnJcustoms

Member No.: 2,659

I like where you're going with the Clone Commando. I think he still needs something, though. RC's were different from other clones, even in the way that they were raised and trained. He needs something to set him apart from the other clones. Maybe bulking up some of the armor? Around the shoulders, perhaps? I'm not sure, but as I said, I really like where you're headed with him.

The 41st Elite are my favorite Clone unit, so I'm always happy to see more of them. These guys look good. The weathering on the heavy gunner is extreme, without being overdone.

Happy customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post Sep 27 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #3

Sometimes you have to cut the other guy's arm off.

Member No.: 256

These are good starts for someone just begining. I like the Commando with the smooth helmet and the widened visor he would stand out in a group. I think he needs a few more accessories such as a large pack or a leg gun strap. The weathering job on the last clone is not overdone. Did you dry brush it on or use another technique?

--------------------

Supporting Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan

+Quote Post
Sev
post Sep 27 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,061

I think he still needs something, though. RC's were different from other clones, even in the way that they were raised and trained. He needs something to set him apart from the other clones. Maybe bulking up some of the armor? Around the shoulders, perhaps?

Yeah I just tried to avoid sculpting. Especially since I don't have any supplies for that yet. Although sometime in the future I'd like to do something else with it.

The weathering job on the last clone is not overdone. Did you dry brush it on or use another technique?

I just brushed on black paint instead of ink, and wiped it away. Then I scratched off the parts that looked to excessive. Next time I'm going to use Black Indian ink, I just didn't have any on hand.

Thanks for the comments.

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post Sep 28 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #5

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

QUOTE (Sev @ Sep 27 2009, 12:44 PM) *
I just brushed on black paint instead of ink, and wiped it away. Then I scratched off the parts that looked to excessive. Next time I'm going to use Black Indian ink, I just didn't have any on hand.

Welcome to the community... I'm obviously not fond of clones (see my signature) but you're new so I'll cut ya a break. wink.gif Also, I like to do anything I can do to help people, and I thought I would warn you not to bother with the india ink. To start, eventually it turns green. (Think about tattoos, the black always turns green because they're done with india ink) All you have to do is mix some paint and water. Just thin it down to an ink consistency. That outta do the job.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Sep 29 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #6

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

These are some of the first "animated" CW figures from the current show we've seen, so that's a change of pace. So far people around here take the animated and make it realistic, so keeping the format is novel.

I think "bulk/mass" needs to be added to the commando. How do do it is the age old myster. pinch.gif

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
clonecommander97...
post Sep 29 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #7

Customizing High Council

Member No.: 2,086

for the commando, try putting the helmet/arms/legs on a bulkier, realistic clone body maybe? or even just giving him the removable clone armor from the training fatigues clone could work too~

--------------------
..._..."..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = = = ♥
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//__

click it. i dare you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:25 PM || Skin by Metalaxe