Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Customizing, Genetic projects with the wife
Delaton
post Nov 17 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #21

Surviving Admin Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Kewl, good luck. We just found out that we're being induced around week 39, which is on 12/10. Looks like I'll still be waiting to put up the Xmas stuff after Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Dec 8 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #22

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Mikael Haoyang-Lu Barnard decided to come into the world at 11:09 AM Friday December 4, 2009. He weighed in at 8 lbs 8.5 oz, and 20 3/4 inches long.

I wish I could say it was routine, but starting Wednesday night Xin started feeling a lot of discomfort and some contractions. Thursday morning, her water broke fairly early in the AM, but the contractions had stopped. That afternoon, was admitted to UIHC. By that time she had a fever and they were inducing labor and saying that a c-section was more than likely sometime between midnight and 6 am. At admission she was 2cm dilated and ~90% effaced. They started adminstering petocin around 4 PM Thursday. That seemed to make a pattern of 3 rahter mild to weak contractions within 5 minutes, than a 5 minute break. Xin was given oxygen and IV antibiotics. That seemed to put everything back into the "normal" mode except for the contraction pattern.

Around 2 AM, the residents decided that the initial membrane breakage wasn't in the ideal location, so they decided to rerupture the membrane "ideally". This kicked up the contraction strength and changed the pattern to single contractions in 2-3 minute intervals. At this time, she was 4cm dilated and fully effaced. The residents decided that cesearan was probably no longer neceary because by 3 AM she was taken off oxygen. Tylenol and antibiotics managed the fever. And Xin (and me) were allowed to sleep until about 6 AM when she was determined to be fully dilated. They wanted to try to change Mikael's position since it was determined he was facing down, but turned the wrong way. This was tried two times, the first agitated Mikael. The second was aborted becase the pressure to push became real.

Pushing started shortly after 9AM. The actual attending physician and OB Xin had been seeing the entire pregnancy walks in around this time saying she had a scheduled C-section at 11, so let's try and push this guy out around 10AM. Just as she was about to leave, out comes his head, suddenly. Well took a few minutes more and out he was.

Xin was stitched up internally and externally. I was told to go with Mikael to infant recovery where he was started on an IV antibiotics. He was making soft wheezing sounds, so he was eventually taken up to NICU and placed on oxygen. He otherwise is fine, moves, opens his eyes, hiccups, and has had 3 diapers already. Mom was sore, and is still on antibiotics. She does get up to NICU to either pump or breast feed. Mikael is unusual in that his dad fed him the first time once a sufficient amount was collected from pumping. Mikael tries to rip off his nasal canula and sensors in his bed. Overall he's very happy, and improving.

Because of the infection Xin will probably go home on monday. Mikael is a bit trickier. He is in no danger, but they would like to keep him on oxygen and antibiotics at least through monday and than he needs to stay off the oxygen for a couple of days before finally being discharged and taken home.

That is/was written a day or two after he was born. Monday came and went and he was taken off the oxygen. He however has had the tendancy to stop breathing while eating briefly. He than regains his oxygen levels within seconds of having the bottle (Xin is still a too bit sick to attempt breast feeding). So if he does learn to swallow more efficiently he could be home any day now provided the blizzard lets us get there.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Ben Skywalker
post Dec 9 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #23

customizing knight

Member No.: 1,668

Congrats Paul! Hopefully everything goes well and he'll be home soon.

--------------------
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

"Gentlemen never let it be said that I did not arrive first with the most"- Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest

"Blaming guns for crimes is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donell's obesity!"

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Dec 9 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #24

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Member No.: 3

Paul,

Congratulations to both you and your wife on the birth of your son. Nothing but the best of wishes to you and your family at this time and you'll no doubt be enjoying a happy holiday with the entire family soon enough.

Cheers!
Jason

--------------------

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post Dec 10 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #25

Customizing Master

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8

Hi Paul,

Congratulations to you and Xin on the birth of your son! And congratulations to her for making it through all that -- what an accomplishment. I hope all of you are home sweet home real soon.

I must say it was very interesting to read your blow-by-blow account of the birth, given my own situation.... it seems there is a nice little baby boom happening here on the FFURG! smile.gif

Cheers to you all,
the Findswoman

--------------------

+Quote Post
savrip
post Dec 10 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #26

Co-Founder

Member No.: 2

Congratulations Paul. I know about a long hospital stay with newborns. When Max was born with a cleft lip they wanted to keep him on to see if it effected his eating. Then of course the C-section had Loretta in there for almost a week. Luckily Madelyn went a lot smoother. Unzip, pull the baby out, zip back up.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
Tim (Savrip) Hopkins
FFURG.com | KSWCC.com | Savrip.com | WANTED List | Facebook | Twitter

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post Dec 10 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #27

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

Wow, I don't know how I missed this. Congratulations Paul. Having a baby is always an anxious event. I've been through it 4 times now, and it's never loses it's nerve-wracking-ness. I hope all is well and that your wife an child are up to 100% soon. Take good care of them (I know you will!)

Petosin is some evil poo.gif! It makes contractions 10X more painful!

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Dec 12 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #28

Best news...you're all smart enough...no sleep for me any time soon.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Apr 23 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (pbarny @ May 5 2009, 08:42 PM) *
If you got big bucks, you can see the begining of the project. dry.gif j/k Actually, on her youtube account one can see the Eagles concert where maybe...

Apparently Don Henley sued my wife and as settlement, she lost her youtube account, so now you just have to message me with $$$$ for the videos where maybe this might have happened.

QUOTE (pbarny @ May 6 2009, 10:09 AM) *
What's sad is that I have to pack up most of my collection and customizing supplies in about October. Apartment dwelling sucks.

Well I might get to unpack my custom supplies and some of the collection this summer. We decided thanks to the generous tax credit to purchase a house (also means that we probably decided to never leave Iowa City). So the end of the story is baby good, customizing to resume this year hopefully.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post Apr 23 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #30

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

QUOTE (pbarny @ Apr 23 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Well I might get to unpack my custom supplies and some of the collection this summer. We decided thanks to the generous tax credit to purchase a house (also means that we probably decided to never leave Iowa City). So the end of the story is baby good, customizing to resume this year hopefully.
Cool. I know you've got to be itching to do some customizing.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Nov 28 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (meandnooneelse @ Apr 23 2010, 01:07 PM) *
Cool. I know you've got to be itching to do some customizing.

Well I have done the simple head swaps since moving into the new house. And since it is almost a year, I actually picked up a paint brush today. Worked on my Roadpig from a Juggernaut/Hulk parts.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post Nov 28 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #32

Formerly DnJcustoms

Member No.: 2,659

Wow - good news, indeed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TND
post Nov 28 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #33

Customizing General

Member No.: 153

" Worked on my Roadpig from a Juggernaut/Hulk parts."

sounds like a foreign language to me, but glad to hear you're jumping back in. hands shaky or what?

--------------------

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Nov 29 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (TND @ Nov 28 2010, 05:05 PM) *
" Worked on my Roadpig from a Juggernaut/Hulk parts."

sounds like a foreign language to me, but glad to hear you're jumping back in. hands shaky or what?

No, also checking to see if my paint/brushes are still viable. A base coat is down, but it's going to take a lot of paint to make all that flesh tone from brown and green bases.

And I did get presents wrapped first and had an hour to myself while some one was off on a play date.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 11:22 AM || Skin by Metalaxe