> FFURG Casting Call #55, "Customs of Us - Revisited"
meandnooneelse
post May 11 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #41

Building a custom figurenator!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,106

QUOTE (pbarny @ May 11 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Seriously, my hands are almost to my knees. What am I supposed to do? blushing.gif I didn't ask for short legs (which there are none in the SW line) relative to my torso. There's problems, but I can only work with what Hasbro gives me, ~13 years ago. Now time to tease Gene. I also don't wear leather pants. Holding that up too? dry.gif I'm only 6'1" wear a size 54 long coat, 19.5" neck, and carry ~11% body fat according to my last physical. For dress shirts, I have to take the arms off shirts that are much bigger than my torso's fit. Cotton shirts i just stretch and never put in the dryer. I'm an odd shape that doesn't look that odd till you start to study me for a bit because it is so out of whack.
Could be worse. You could look like Don. JK!

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post May 12 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #42

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi All,

I was a little slow on this (big shock eh?) but as I was updating the site tonight with a new Casting Call update I also made an announcement on the main page for the new Casting Call. The logo for the Casting Call was a bit rushed as I've got to log off shortly, so I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking a crack at making the logo for this CC since it's driven by you the members. If anyone is interested let me know and show off your stuff. smile.gif

Cheers!
Jason

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post May 12 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #43

Sometimes you have to cut the other guy's arm off.

Member No.: 256

ME

My Tattoo's

Parts are Talon Karrde body, Canor Jax head, Dr. Jones SR. glasses. A POTF2 Fett Bantha skull. The paint job on the flesh area did not come out as clean as I had hoped and it shows alot more in the pictures than it really does.

As for the shirt it says Grill SGT. That was my nickname at the ballpark I worked at as a cook and manager. My Austin Tat is my daughter's name and the Bantha skull is my hardcore Star Wars appreciation. I could have drawn it, but it would not have come out clean.

--------------------

Supporting Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post May 13 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #44

Formerly DnJcustoms

Member No.: 2,659

Great figure, James! I was wondering when we were going to see one from you!

The parts work well together. I didn't know they made glasses that small! As for the paint, I think there are only a couple areas where it really stands out (next to the bantha skull is most prominent) and it doesn't really hurt the figure IMO. Happy customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post May 18 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #45

Formerly DnJcustoms

Okay folks, it's the 18th day of May and we've had only six submissions. I know there are some really talented people we haven't heard from yet!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yodaman
post May 19 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #46

Customizing General

Member No.: 1,277

Here's my contribution.

A reference photo first:

Now the custom.

Recipe:

Head- Dred Priest
Body- Mutt Williams
Glasses- NECA Harry Potter

I know I'm more heavyset than my custom, but that's pretty much what I wear every day and there really aren't any parts from heavier characters that would work for this.

Here are some pictures I took for fun and particular to fulfill some longtime fantasies.

For some reason, customizing seems a lot creepier in this scale.

+Quote Post
Delaton
post May 20 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #47

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

I like the sneakers. Nice job.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
pbarny
post May 20 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #48

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

What's the deal with the punching picture? Gloves or Force power? ph34r.gif

I see you took one for the team and bought a Mutt Williams some place on clearance wondering where am I ever going to use this poo.gif

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Yodaman
post May 20 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #49

Customizing General

Member No.: 1,277

That's just supposed to be force energy or magic energy or whatever. Like the fighting Vader picture, having superpowers and punching out Nazis is something I will only ever be able to do in figure form thumbup.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post May 21 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #50

Formerly DnJcustoms

Ha! This is an excellent figure! I love the glasses (this is the second time that I've had to say I didn't realize they made 'em that small). The action shots are great, too! Happy customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cmdr_Y
post May 22 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 2,978

Hi all!

DNJCustoms over there is my cousin - he's berated me for not joining here so I decided I had better before he got mad (you don't wanna make a Marine mad! wink.gif).

Here's my Jedi Y custom:

I created this figure based off my likeness. He's made from a Mace Windu with E1 Obi-Wan boots, and POTF2 Cantina Han head and hands. The droid is just an R2 unit I had laying around with a green trunk. He's really just there for filler.

A while ago I played around with a fan-fiction story about a guy that fails out of the Jedi Academy on Yavin (a few years pre-NJO). He wasn't strong enough in the force and would easily get frustrated by his lack of progress. He returns home to his previous life on the edge of the law. He gets tangled up with some n'er-do-wells that come after him through his brother's family. He arrives too late and finds them all dead. He takes the gemstone from his sister-in-law's ring and completes his own lightsaber - a task he was never able to complete at the academy. The smaller size of the focusing stone results in a shorter, knife-like blade to his saber. He skirts the line between light and dark, losing himself to his quest for revenge.

Here's an A-Wing pilot Y figure:

You'll have to excuse the dust! This is a POTF2 A-Wing Pilot (and A-Wing) with Cantina Han head and modified A-Wing Pilot helmet. I made this one back when I had just a goatee. This figure is based on my concept of the X-Wing video game pilot I used in those wonderful X-Wing/TIE Fighter/Vs computer games.

--------------------
Check out my blogs:

Basement Toys - my toy collection, customs, and toy discussion.

Command Comics - discussion of all things comic related.

Why, Commander Y? - general and sometimes drunken rambling. :)

+Quote Post
pbarny
post May 22 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #52

Welcome, actually, he's your cousin. So take that.

I like the "odd" color scheme on the droid more the self custom (i'm weird). That dark green and blue just aren't human sensible, which is why i like it!

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post May 22 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #53

Formerly DnJcustoms

Strange that I have not seen these customs before...

Even more strange that I've never noticed how closely the Cantina Han head resembles you after adding the goatee. The hair color is a pretty close match and I like the story, too. Nice work! Now if we could just get you guys to come by for dinner occasionally!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Delaton
post May 22 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #54

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

To get more interest (and allow a certain FFURG administrator to complete his custom), we should extend the deadline. I'll also try to drum up some support over at YAK. I know you posted over there, but there are definitely a few customizers there that don't post here.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post May 23 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #55

Formerly DnJcustoms

QUOTE (Delaton @ May 22 2009, 10:43 PM) *
To get more interest (and allow a certain FFURG administrator to complete his custom), we should extend the deadline. I'll also try to drum up some support over at YAK. I know you posted over there, but there are definitely a few customizers there that don't post here.

I'd certainly be willing to extend the deadline a bit if we got some more participation. Even if we don't, I intend to continue beating the drum for a while to see if the participation increases. I really want to get this thing going with the kind of participation we had back in "the old days". The problem is that I can only encourage so much before it starts to sounds like nagging...

--------------------

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post May 26 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #56

Please do extend the dealine. I haven't had time to work on my figure with moving and my wife started working. Plus I need more time to collect appropriate fodder.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post May 26 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #57

Formerly DnJcustoms

Okay, I think we are going to extend the deadline a bit to allow additional folks to get their submissions in. I'm thinking that an extra two weeks should be plenty (June 14th). Let me know if anyone needs more time than that.

ALSO, keep in mind that the deadline is only for inclusion in the main page debut of the casting call. Anyone can still submit figures at any time after the deadline and they will be added to the page as they are received. The deadline is only to let everyone know when they need to have their submissions in to be included in the casting call's debut.

Happy customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CHEWIE
post May 26 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #58

Customizing Master

Member No.: 76

I think I'll try and join in this one... June 14... should give me time to throw something together.

ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.yakface.com

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post May 27 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #59

I was hoping for June 30th because I would very much like to be included on the main page and can't see being done by the 14th. I have a fulltime job, 5 children, and I'm still unpacking from the move. That means I might get 2 hours a week to work on figures. Plus the more time you give us, the more participants you'll get. And if I can't make the main page cut-off I'm not going to be motivated to finish this figure. My figure is much more than a head swap, so please be a little more forgiving with the deadline. If I can't make June 30th, that's my own fault and I will not complain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pbarny
post May 27 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (meandnooneelse @ May 27 2009, 01:07 PM) *
I was hoping for June 30th because I would very much like to be included on the main page and can't see being done by the 14th. I have a fulltime job, 5 children, and I'm still unpacking from the move. That means I might get 2 hours a week to work on figures. Plus the more time you give us, the more participants you'll get. And if I can't make the main page cut-off I'm not going to be motivated to finish this figure. My figure is much more than a head swap, so please be a little more forgiving with the deadline. If I can't make June 30th, that's my own fault and I will not complain.

That would be for inclusion in the debut. Submitting after just means it'll be on Jason's whim when it will be posted on the main page. You can't accomodate everyone. Don tried, and the rest we're happy for you that busy it's soon going to be time to think about what is next for the summer time project (and probably my last till i move since i'll lose my work space/collection space). You can submit any Casting Call anytime, and it will be posted to the main page, someday, hopefully, by Jason. dry.gif Plus this thread will never die, well until I call everyone a name that is rolleyes.gif so you'll always be able to post updates and new additions here.

Plus, between you and me, your avatar is perfect the way it is (well maybe Vader Pants it wouldn't need any other work!).

This really isn't assigned or downgraded because it wasn't turned in on time, just we have to have broad outlines so we can move on to different things. Just being the gentlest explanation by the person whom volunteered by DnJCustoms cuz I said I didn't want to do it, enforcer.

And like always, to those who have posted, thank you. To those who are going to post, thanks in advance. To those that are thinking about it, what are you waiting for???

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:38 AM || Skin by Metalaxe