Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senator Amidala
MasterBEN
post Oct 2 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Customizing Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,700

With the new Padme Evolution set, I've really noticed the gap in my collection concerning a formal version of Padme. I was deciding which of her costumes I wanted to make, when I found a spare Juno Eclipse laying around, so I decided to make up a costume from scratch. I shortened Juno's legs by about 1/2 an inch and filled out the gaps with Sculpey. I made the lower part of her tunic removable and glued it to a tan-colored skirt. Then I sanded off her rank badges and gloves. I had a hard time deciding on a color scheme, but I eventually went with tan/brown pants, a blue vest/skirt, and a mix of colors for the arms. When the skirt is on, the arms look greyish, but when the skirt is off and the pants are showing, they look brown. I painted Juno's face to resemble Padme, and also had to shave down the bridge of her nose and jawline. Then I made her hair from embroidery floss. I feel like an idiot, because I had planned to take pictures along the way to add pictures of the process, but I totally forgot while I was actually doing it! I'll remember to do it next time. I use a bread tie to do her hair up, which looks good half the time and messed up the the other half. I didn't expect this to turn out well at all, but I actually do like it, mostly due to the Juno Eclipse figure underneath.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post Oct 2 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #2

Formerly DnJcustoms

Member No.: 2,659

Ben, one of these days I have got to find the time to try this hair technique. The paint apps are good, but it looks like you had some issues at the elbow joints and maybe with the eyes and eyebrows (could just be the photography). I like the removeable skirt idea, too. But the hair is really amazing. Happy customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MasterBEN
post Oct 2 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Customizing Padawan

Thanks, yeah the elbows and eyes do need a bit of work. On the right eye, the pupil is 3-dimensional, so if you see her at a bad angle, it looks like its protruding from her face. I really need to fix that.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Oct 2 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #4

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

Reasons why her eyes are bulging...it's PG-13 and a deleted scene, but we don't see the extent of Anakin's pre-Mustafar injuries thumbup.gif

I do like the hair down a bit more than the hair up. That's just me. Are you using a paper clip to hold up her hair? And is the skirt a type of canvas or some other cloth?

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
MasterBEN
post Oct 2 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #5

Customizing Padawan

The skirt is made out of a pair of khaki shorts I had. They were almost like swimsuit material, but less slick. My dog tore the side open and I thought they'd make great custom material. In these photos, I like the hair down more too. But overall, I like it up; these pictures were kinda spur of the moment and I didn't spend any time fixing her up for them. The style she has going in these pics is sorta librarianish. I use a 'skinned' bread tie for her hair which has its challenges, but once you get a good hairdo going, it very rarely falls out of place accidentally.

+Quote Post
MasterBEN
post Oct 11 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #6

Customizing Padawan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 04:04 PM || Skin by Metalaxe