Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forces Of The New Republic: Combat Controllers, And more!
The Spectre
post Apr 23 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #1

The Spirit Of Wrath

Group: Members
Member No.: 551

New Republic Combat Controllers

The New Republic's highly specialized cadre of Combat Controllers carry out battlefield coordination efforts to maximize their effect of any given conflict. Coordinating the actions of ground troops, air/space support, and capital ships in orbit can be a daunting task, but these brave troopers utilize the latest advances in military technology to track and direct up to 10,000 individual elements at once.

The oversized helmet contains a state of the art comm system which is hardened against all but the most powerful jamming systems. Their hand held datapads are capable of interacting with any New Republic control consoles to more efficiently transmit on the fly information to the units in the field.

Every New Republic trooper is fully infantry trained before their specialized training even begins ensuring that they can hold their own in the field without having to divert much needed front line troops to babysit them. Most Combat Controllers are stationed in orbit on capital ships, but they can also be found in planetside command centers or even in the field.

As is usual with the New Republic's equality and diversity standards, many different species fill varied roles within the New Republic. It is not uncommon to find many non-human races, including those often associated with the opposing side of past conflicts, wearing New Republic uniforms.

New Republic Combat Commander (typical):

Neimoidian:

Zabrak:

I made 3 Combat Controllers for this project:

Parts:
Heads- ROTS Captain Antilles, TAC Mouse (also hands), POTJ Eeth Koth (also hands)
Bodies- ROTS Captain Antilles (modded)
Helmets- TAC McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper (modded)
Blasters- POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper
Datapads- Playmates Star Trek: TNG (modded)

BONUS CUSTOMS!!!!!!!

Here are to more customs for this update!

Female New Republic Trooper:

Parts:
Head- SpyKids 2 daughter (modded)
Body- POTJ General Leia Organa
Rifle- custom

Klatoonian New Republic Trooper:

Parts:
Head- POTF2 Barada
Rest- POTF2 Endor Rebel Trooper

--------------------
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Foundng Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

Visit The Spectre on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
weechee
post Apr 24 2008, 04:50 AM
Post #2

Customizing General

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,477

the combat controllers are well made and are a believable concept. They remind me of neimoidans that are on the control ships or certain extras that we see aboard various capital ships throughout the saga. They look like they are New Republic forces for sure. That is a good use of the mcquarie helmet, I have an extra mcquarie snowtrooper but have not yet opened it, does that portion of the helmet seperate easily from the face? The klatoonian is cool to but his face blends in with his clothes to much, maybe paint his shirt around the neck to seperate them? I dont know if that would help or not.

+Quote Post
Yodaman
post Apr 24 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Customizing General

Member No.: 1,277

I love the design of the New Republic Combat Controllers. Very simple but that's how it should be. That's exactly how I would envision them. The parts and the paint are great on all of them (although I don't know if I'd use the angry Zabrak head). Very nice batch of figures.

+Quote Post
The Spectre
post Apr 24 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #4

The Spirit Of Wrath

Member No.: 551

Thanks guys!

Weechee- I was going to paint the shirt the same blue I used on the bandana (and the trim on the CC's) but ultimately decided against it as I kind of liked the way the greens of the flesh blend with the greens of the uniform. It almost reminds me of a soldier with camo facepaint on smile.gif

Yodaman- sadly, I have close to 30 of the Eeth Koth/Agen Kolar heads due to all of the Jedi Council sets I bought for $.48 each to build my Egyption Temple from my "Star('Gate) Wars Trilogy" and only 1 of the more serene ROTS version of Agen Kolar that I am actually saving for a special custom. So you will see quite a bit of peeved Zabraks popping up in my customs pinch.gif

--------------------
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Foundng Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

Visit The Spectre on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 05:22 PM || Skin by Metalaxe