Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comic Book Jedi, Guns and Sabers!!
darknsour
post Apr 9 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Customizing Padawan

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,040

I see alot of Jedi in the comics have guns and sabers!

Just a question for all of you. How do you feel about this.

Should they have both.

Maybe the time change so much that they need more weapons???

Lets hear your thoughts!!

thanks
rich

ps

I don't mind it I like a well armed fighter!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CHEWIE
post Apr 9 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Customizing Master

Member No.: 76

I like seeing a few rogue Jedi with blasters at their side.

ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.yakface.com

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post Apr 9 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

From somewhere I got the impression that Jedi did not like blasters because they were considered a weapon for attack, to hit someone or something out of range of a lightsaber, and a Jedi was only supposed to use their skills for defense, never for attack.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
stoma coear
post Apr 9 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #4

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 2,550

The Jedi considered blasters random and impresise the Lightsaber was only used as a last resort for attack but as a weapon of defense.

--------------------
For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

+Quote Post
weechee
post Apr 9 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Customizing General

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,477

a Jedi is taught to be resourceful and as obi-wan proved will use a weapon they dont like in certain situations, I think obi-wan especially hated blasters more than the average jedi. Other jedi who lean towards the dark like Quinlan Vos would be more willing to carry a blaster, siri tachi carried one when she was undercover, both carrying a blaster and being undercover go against the basic Jedi philosophy but sometimes a jedi has to do what a jedi needs to do, So IMO the answer to the question would be that it depends on the Jedi in question, and it depends on the situation and the times. So if your jedi has a blaster you should just consider why he would have it, it is not impossible but goes against the common trend so should probably be explained...Or you could just evalute it on a more basic level and say "does this custom jedi look cool with a blaster" and if the answr is yes then leave it be biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
stoma coear
post Apr 9 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #6

Customizing Knight

QUOTE (weechee @ Apr 9 2008, 04:49 PM)
a Jedi is taught to be resourceful and as obi-wan proved will use a weapon they dont like in certain situations, I think obi-wan especially hated blasters more than the average jedi. Other jedi who lean towards the dark like Quinlan Vos would be more willing to carry a blaster, siri tachi carried one when she was undercover, both carrying a blaster and being undercover go against the basic Jedi philosophy but sometimes a jedi has to do what a jedi needs to do, So IMO the answer to the question would be that it depends on the Jedi in question, and it depends on the situation and the times. So if your jedi has a blaster you should just consider why he would have it, it is not impossible but goes against the common trend so should probably be explained...Or you could just evalute it on a more basic level and say "does this custom jedi look cool with a blaster" and if the answr is yes then leave it be biggrin.gif

Chee man as a true Jedi i thought you would be with me lol . Even Obi wan said that they were barbaric. angry.gif lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
weechee
post Apr 9 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #7

Customizing General

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,477

yes but that didnt stop him from blastin the censored.gif out of grievous tongue.gif

and Master Kyle Katarn tells his aprrentice that a jedi uses all available resources, even a deactivated lightsaber can be a weapon, and mara carried a blaster almost till the end I think, I was thinking that more of the post ROTJ characters were a bit loose when it came to the strict jedi codes

+Quote Post
stoma coear
post Apr 10 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #8

Customizing Knight

A fair comment Chee and on that score i would agree.I suppose i just have an idealized picture of the jedi blushing.gif lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phantom-like Men...
post May 13 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,531

I don't like the idea of Jedi using blasters outside of situations like the one Obi-Wan found himself in. If they have a lightsaber, what do they need a blaster for? They're the only guys who are perfectly fine taking a sword to a gunfight. But if they don't have their 'saber and there's a gun nearby, of course they should use it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 03:18 PM || Skin by Metalaxe