Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non-star Wars Figure Fodder (for Star Wars), Discuss
tonphanan
post Apr 19 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #41

Sometimes you have to cut the other guy's arm off.

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

I've debated the Ben 10 figures. They have potential in the alien catagories. I was a little dissappointed in the new Narnia figures, personally I don't think there is much to work with. If he Star Trek series goes 3 3/4 that will make for some great head fodder.

--------------------

Supporting Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse James
post Apr 22 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #42

Customizing High Council

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

I'm not a Narnia figure fan either... The armor's not really lending itself well to Star Wars IMO, and the figures are so-so I find. Articulation's decent, the legs look like they're most useable, but the heads are often helmeted and don't appear to be removable on all of them.

Some funky half-animal-half-man type creatures that might be good bases for fan-fic aliens, but really if you're at TRU (only place I've seen Narnia junk), look for some Golden Compass. I find it much more useful.

--------------------
Jedi Defender.com & FFURG Representative

Fleet Trooper Sucks So Bad, I May Make a New One!

+Quote Post
weechee
post Apr 26 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #43

Customizing General

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,477

I found 2 cases of the new Indiana Jones figs last night, these figures are great but I didnt buy any of them, I couldnt think of any uses for customs for any that they had, maybe Ill just buy them to collect, I have seen people make enquiries about skeletons, there is a guy with a cool skull mask called cemetary warrior or some such....I dont know...they are worth checking out...

as for Narnia, I may have found some uses for in the TOTJ series I am working on, the Tyrus is pretty cool, I am thinking Tyrus body=Lord Farfalla... Tyrus head minus the horns=possible Bothan...havent actually tried it yet...

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post Apr 27 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #44

Time to start hitting up you local Targets. Evolution sets are going on clearence for $13 and change so keep a look out. If Order 66 is clogging up Targets shelfs like they are in my town then those will be soon to go as well.

I am going to wait till I see the Indiana figures in person before I make a call if they are worth any fodder potential, but right now it does not look promising.

--------------------

"Prehaps you need an optical enhancement. I could arrange for you to lose an eye; then you could put in for one."-Ton Phanan

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post Apr 27 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #45

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

I have not seen ANY Order 66 at my local Target this year.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
weechee
post Apr 27 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #46

Customizing General

my targets all had tons of those Order 66 packs, my local flea market even still has tons of last years for $8 each

those indy figs are sculpted well but just dont look like any Star wars characters that come to mind, it is cool that they actually have a set based on Raiders, the coolest piece of all was Indy's Golden Idol accessorie...you know, that golden head he gets at the very beginning of raiders

I so badly want to get one of those Mando Evo sets so I can just recard Mandalore on one of my TOTJ cards, I also want an extra Bane so thanks for the tip...

+Quote Post
clonecommander97...
post Apr 30 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #47

Customizing High Council

Member No.: 2,086

for anyone who doesn't mind anime-style figures,(i personally love them) i've found a lot of great ones at my local comic store. they're usually in randomized boxes though, so that would be the only problem. the final fantasy ones are about the same scale as star wars figures, so they'd be perfect. the only problem is that they aren't articulated, and are only meant as statues or display pieces. also, a lot of the ones i've found are closer to 5 inch scale, so be careful of that.
the gundam models are also about the size of SW figures, so they'd be great for making some assasin droids thumbup.gif

--------------------
..._..."..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = = = ♥
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//__

click it. i dare you

+Quote Post
weechee
post May 1 2008, 12:08 AM
Post #48

Customizing General

I have seen some of those anime figs that would work in SW scale, if you are trying to make sexy slavegirls or dancing zeltrons then check out something called "story image figures" they are similar to what clonecommander is talking about and only run 4-5 dollars each....some in the same series are not to scale while some are... dry.gif

they will look at you like you are the dude in that movie "Gramma's Boy" when you buy them laugh.gif

+Quote Post
clonecommander97...
post May 1 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #49

Customizing High Council

Member No.: 2,086

while i admit, some of the ones i've seen are rather......in need of clothing, i tend to avoid those ones as much as possible. (but because they're randomized, well...)
so far, here's the kind i've been using, like this guy:

next to mquarrie chewie and a talz for size reference

the packaging for these ones looks something like this

--------------------
..._..."..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = = = ♥
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//__

click it. i dare you

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post May 3 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #50

Picked up some of The Indiana Jones figures. The German and Russian figures would be good background fillers for Military customizers.

Irina Spalko wears a uniform that could be Imperial in style. The Irina head and Juno Eclipse swap out pretty nicely. The Juno head hole is bigger so some filler might be necessary.

Mutt Williams' head could be used for teen Jedi to background fodder. The heads are the only truely useful parts for Star Wars customs.

I was hoping to get a decent Harrison Ford head out of this collection, but no such luck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
meandnooneelse
post May 3 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #51

Building a custom figurenator!

Member No.: 2,106

QUOTE (tonphanan @ May 3 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Picked up some of The Indiana Jones figures. The German and Russian figures would be good background fillers for Military customizers.

Irina Spalko wears a uniform that could be Imperial in style. The Irina head and Juno Eclipse swap out pretty nicely. The Juno head hole is bigger so some filler might be necessary.

Mutt Williams' head could be used for teen Jedi to background fodder. The heads are the only truely useful parts for Star Wars customs.

I was hoping to get a decent Harrison Ford head out of this collection, but no such luck.

Yeah I just saw these for the first time tonight at Target. There is some potential for parts, but I was not impressed with the Harrison Ford sculpts either.

--------------------
Who died and made you Darth Vader?

Proud Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society!

My stomach was making the rumblies, that only hands would satisfy.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Jun 29 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #52

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

The Hulk Buster Squad 2 pack just uses GI Joe 3.75" VvV/DTC parts (Rollbar/Saw Viper bodies fyi), not the new 25th Aniversary. That makes them perfectly inline and with fairly detailed sculpted vests that are good for Star Wars (if my Joes don't get them first).

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
darknsour
post Jul 1 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #53

Customizing Padawan

Member No.: 2,040

The Indy figure with the rocket launcher (the older indy)is better then the indy from the early movies.

The eyes on the radiers figures are poor !! They look like he is crossed eyed!!!

The guy with the shull on his face is cool, he could be a good sith guy with some work.

The ciaro thugs might be useful.

I bought some so I could get the Crystal Skeleton .

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Jul 7 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #54

There seems to be some 3.75" Batman figs with limited articulation at Target. The Bruce Wayne in suit/Batman armor version seems to me just screams Yuuzhan Vong Armor body and the other one will be going to make some GI Joe customs. The other sets included a Joker (Ledger)/Batman, and Scarecrow/Batman. Each is a fairly suited character that with a repaint could make a good background character. Batman probably doesn't have much use beyond fodder for things like Sith and Yuuzhan Vong.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post Jul 14 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #55

I liked the Batman 3 3/4 for the armor. Picked up a few of the 2-packs.

If you haven't hit you Targets in awhile do it now. Order 66 and Basic figures are on clearence.

Legacy comes out in just over a week so if there are any TAC figure you needed get it now before they are gone. My Wal-marts have not clearenced any of theres out yet, but hopefully soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonphanan
post Jul 28 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #56

DC Universe Crisis-price point:$4.99

Figures are articulated at the elbows and knees with hinges. Basic arm and leg artic. Ball joint heads.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Aug 4 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #57

Surviving Admin Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

FYI, Target is clearancing their Prince Caspian (Narnia) figures. Picked up several blister packs for $2.98 ea. They also had the "deluxe" 2-packs for $4.98, the boxed sets for $7.98. They also had the siege catapults clearanced, but I did not check the prices.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
Yodaman
post Sep 8 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #58

Customizing General

Member No.: 1,277

I'm just wondering have there ever been any 3 3/4" scale Native Americans (I mean more like the tribal, pre-white invasion Native Americans we've all seen in the movies)? I'm looking for more realistic, so no vintage figures.

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Sep 8 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #59

QUOTE (Yodaman @ Sep 8 2008, 01:21 PM) *
I'm just wondering have there ever been any 3 3/4" scale Native Americans (I mean more like the tribal, pre-white invasion Native Americans we've all seen in the movies)? I'm looking for more realistic, so no vintage figures.

Beyond that Indiana Jones Cemetery Warrior?

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook

+Quote Post
Coookieemonster
post Sep 8 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #60

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 2,741

What exactly are you looking for as in Native American Indian, are you looking for heads or entire figures.

If heads then theres always the G.I. Joe Spirit, I wouldnt class the Cemetery Warrior from Indiana Jones as he wasnt Native American, but I think the G.I. Joe Spirit is the only one, then you could use the Ughra Warrior from indiana Jones for the body.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:39 PM || Skin by Metalaxe