> Vintage Custom Project 10/1 COMPLETE!
CorranHorn
post Feb 26 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #41

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Ty,

A nice set of new vintage customs, a great idea to use the Nien Nunb torso for the RFT. I think Kenner may have gone with putting the visor on his helmet based on This Archive Article, plus I think it just looks cool. smile.gif

A nice touch with the telescoping lightsaber for the Ceremony Luke, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that, you put it together nicely.

A good use of parts for the Bith, the Prune Face arms will help to give him a more alien like set of hands. What head did you use, it looks different from the Hasbro head, was it scratch sculpted?

Happy Customizing!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
weechee
post Feb 27 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #42

Customizing General

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,477

QUOTE (Desfiy @ Feb 26 2008, 10:02 AM)
Ice Cream Maker Guy (Willrow Hood).

I 2nd the Ice Cream Maker Guy, His card should read "Bespin Ice Cream Maker" tongue.gif

I like how you think in terms of "waves" and "series" and take into consideration the whole set before even starting thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Feb 28 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #43

Customizing General

Group: Members
Member No.: 106

QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Feb 26 2008, 10:11 PM)
Ty,

A nice set of new vintage customs, a great idea to use the Nien Nunb torso for the RFT. I think Kenner may have gone with putting the visor on his helmet based on This Archive Article, plus I think it just looks cool. smile.gif

A nice touch with the telescoping lightsaber for the Ceremony Luke, I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that, you put it together nicely.

A good use of parts for the Bith, the Prune Face arms will help to give him a more alien like set of hands. What head did you use, it looks different from the Hasbro head, was it scratch sculpted?

Happy Customizing!

There will be a few revisions to the figures before moving on: The Rebel Trooper will get his black visor, the R2-D2 label will be revised, and the Luke Ceremony will get a Farmboy head (instead of the Bespin one he currently has).

As for the Bith head, it's a cast of a modified POTF2 head. The sides and back were sanded completely flat. The lips detail was sanded to remove them and the nose creases were dulled to reduce the detail. The center of the head curve was flattened to reduce it to a line. The entire head was then recast. Bascially the trick is to maintain the eyes and the nose creases as that is what makes a bith so to speak.

And to all concerned, IMG will not be made since he doesn't fit within the "would Kenner have made him" criteria. He didn't rise to fans attention until the 1990's.

K-3PO seems to be an addition to the line as he featured heavily in the hoth photographs of the era.

--------------------

+Quote Post
weechee
post Feb 28 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #44

Customizing General

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,477

QUOTE (tykrazen @ Feb 28 2008, 12:24 PM)
And to all concerned, IMG will not be made since he doesn't fit within the "would Kenner have made him" criteria. He didn't rise to fans attention until the 1990's.

K-3PO seems to be an addition to the line as he featured heavily in the hoth photographs of the era.

I understand about criteria and sticking to it, but I have occasionly bent my own rules, however I do agrree that kenner would not have made the ice cream guy but maybe if you put him on a POTF card he would meet the criteria because they had a different approach in choosing characters at that point, do what you want and follow your own vision, just a suggestion to try to stimulate your creative thought process...

i just kind of found the idea of actually putting your time and money into creating the IMG would be sort of hillarious... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Feb 29 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #45

Customizing General

Ironically he'd be pretty easy - he wears the ubiquitous jumpsuit (just in orange) so An At-St Drive torso & legs and Luke Bespin arms should do the trick. Granted painting orange can be a PITA. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desfiy
post Feb 29 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #46

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 2,372

Tyk you could always use your Croc Man color scheme just make it a little darker, because if you think about it Kenner werent always color accurate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Mar 8 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #47

Customizing General

Continuing the project, the transport is away! tongue.gif

Next is the cardback for the Cantina Band Member... not too much to add here...

--------------------

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Sep 13 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #48

Customizing General

I carded the first two - Corners rounded, hangtabs punched, wafflepattern-esque on the bubble... biggrin.gif.

GRAND MOFF TARKIN
(follow link to see high resolution imgs on flickr!)

BATTLE DAMAGED R2-D2
(follow link to see high resolution imgs on flickr!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Sep 17 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #49

Customizing General

Two additional figures were completed last night: Crocker and Star Pilot (Boshek). I had some problems with the punch, so the line up on the front and back punch wasn't perfect on these sad.gif. Otherwise they came out as expected.

I've also included pictures of the revised Rebel Trooper. I added the black visor which I think helps the figure a great deal.

Last night I also discovered the images on two of my cardbacks are too pixelated for my high res printed cardbacks -- I'll need to revisit the Rebel Trooper card and the Cantina Band Member card - most likely with new images.

CROCKER(click here for High Res images on Flickr)

STARPILOT (Click pictures for High Res versions on Flickr)

Sorry it won't let me post any additional pictures until someone else posts in the thread: More pics coming later...

--------------------

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Sep 18 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #50

Customizing General

More pictures of the updated Rebel Trooper and a group shot of the four completed cards...

Rebel Trooper Revised

--------------------

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Oct 1 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #51

Customizing General

After over a year of work on and off, the 28Back series is complete! All eight figures have been carded.

Click on inividual pictures to view larger imgs.

CANTINA BAND MEMBER

REBEL TROOPER

Pics of the final two figures can be posted once someone else posts here... stupid image limits tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
darthschroeder
post Oct 1 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #52

Co-Founder

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

Very, very nice, Ty!

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Oct 1 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #53

Customizing General

Thank to Darthschroader, here's the final pics:

LUKE SKYWALKER: REBEL CEREMONY

REBEL MECHANIC

--------------------

+Quote Post
trancer1
post Oct 11 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 2,165

These are all fantastic, and I really like the custom cardwork too. Just a few thoughts:

I love the use of Nein Nunb for the RFT. Now I see what you mean from your answer about mine. You might wanna consider removing the top pockets from the vest if you ever revisit. I do like the choice of legs/holster better than the "gunslinger" look. Very nice.

I still think Crocker would look better with alien hands. But that's just me.

One last question:

vanessah1?

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
tykrazen
post Oct 11 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #55

Customizing General

QUOTE (trancer1 @ Oct 11 2008, 08:38 AM) *
These are all fantastic, and I really like the custom cardwork too. Just a few thoughts:

I love the use of Nein Nunb for the RFT. Now I see what you mean from your answer about mine. You might wanna consider removing the top pockets from the vest if you ever revisit. I do like the choice of legs/holster better than the "gunslinger" look. Very nice.

I still think Crocker would look better with alien hands. But that's just me.

One last question:

vanessah1?

biggrin.gif

LOL - long story...

It was originally my ex-wife's account before we got married. During the marriage I built up her feedback pretty high and when we divorced, part of our agreement was that I got the ebay account. Because I'm lazy, I've never changed the name on the account. tongue.gif

Thanks for the feedback -- If I do another RFT (and I might very well for a different carded series, I probably would do like you suggested.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2014 - 11:21 PM || Skin by Metalaxe