Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Unofficial Best Customizable Figure, Wave by Wave Comparison
pbarny
post Nov 1 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #1

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Well the inspiration you think would be the Rebelscum Poll, but I actually am taking it from this post at sirstevesguide.com that started in June. It goes wave by wave through each figure, everyone votes picks the best figure for customizing purposes. After we go through a year, we select the best of the year from the wave winners...When we finally get through them all (or maybe some arbitrary point) we start running the best of the years against each other. This would serve as a decent reference, be custom related, fun and get discussion about parts and techniques from lots of people who don't normally post (hopefully). This will be focused on the modern line. If some one wants to go through and do a vintage line, cool too.

I'd be happy to copy and past the waves, and do the tallying...no need to be super formal about it.

July 1995: Orange carded
POTF: Luke Skywalker
POTF: Darth Vader
POTF: R2-D2
POTF: Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
POTF: Han Solo
POTF: Chewbacca
POTF: Stormtrooper
POTF: C-3PO
POTF: Princess Leia Organa

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2figures95.asp If you need a refresher....

This post has been edited by pbarny: Nov 1 2006, 05:16 PM

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pbarny
post Nov 1 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #2

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

Posting is sufficient (along with some sort of time frame). No need to be super formal, if enough get onto it, stickying (no BAD TND), would be nice too.

Best: R2-D2. Everyone can always paint more and more astromechs. Decent articulated and the thrid leg well not as nice as later releases, can be down or up. Up until the CommTech/PotJ, would've gone Han Solo for use of the body. Believe it or now, while a terrible figure, the arms on the Leia are one of the few that can be used for female figures and due to the scarcity of females in any action figure line, the body is always got a use.

I would stay away from the Chewie, Vader, and the Buff luke (outside of the head) these days. too many other better parts, and the bulk/mass make it difficule to fit into other figures these days unless one wants to do a super muscular character like a Sixtus Quin or Booster Terrik (no Talon Karrde is NOT, he's non-descript ala Wedge).

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 03:42 AM || Skin by Metalaxe