> Star Wars Revelations Fan Film Cards
Clank The Robot
post May 12 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Customizing Knight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,222

Hey all!

This is a long post because of the pics, but here are 8 cards I did for the fan film "Revelations", plus the cardback. I went to the premiere in Baltimore last year and just recently thought about making some vintage style cards for the film. It was a pretty cool movie, btw.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clank The Robot
post May 12 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Customizing Knight

oops...double posted

--------------------

+Quote Post
meccano-man
post May 17 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #3

Customizing High Council

Member No.: 57

These are different. They seem to have more of a Star Trek "feel" to me, except for the obvious characters like Vader and Palpatine. The "Revelations" logo seems way too small in all that black space. I would shrink the racetrack portion down for a tighter fit. It's nice to see something different like this. wink.gif

--------------------
"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret." - Emporer Palpatine™

WANTED: Lili Ledy­® ESB Generic Cardback

©2014 Sunflake Circle Graphics, Inc.

+Quote Post
Clank The Robot
post May 17 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #4

Customizing Knight

Yeah I agree. I wasn't too fond of the logo but it seemed like the right thing to do. I originally had the Xizor font spelling out "Revelations" in red and the letters were stretched to fit the entire area, but ultimately I thought it would be more true to the fan movie by using their exact logo (if you've seen their site, you know what I mean). This was just a little experiment...I just recently started actually breaking down the basic templates into the individual parts...things like having the name plate on its own layer so I can stretch it to different sizes. Before, I was just using what was there. It really helps to have all the elements on separate layers...much more flexibility. Thanks for the comments, Meccano!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 04:29 AM || Skin by Metalaxe