Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Darls' Customs, things I've done so far
darl
post Jun 21 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 620

Hi folks - here's some pictures of the customs I have made so far (I've just copied all this from my post over at The Private Universe)

First up is a few astromechs, yeah, pretty much where everyone starts customising I suppose. some of them need tweeking a bit in the paint jobs and R2-B1 (the blue one) could do with the sticker printing the same colour as his body (or his body the same colour as his sticker - whichever wink.gif )

Ok, next we have a couple of vintage style customs - I also have some cards made for them, but have not had time to stick them to 'em yet. I'm hoping to get a full line of Episode I, II, and III vintage figures done, and have all the pictures on the backs of the card, like they did in the good 'ol days

The next few are custom figures I made for friends, and enjoyed making these the most. I first made the Stormtrooper for Paul as a birthday pressie, he loved it and wanted to make one of his girlfriend, Charley, as Slave Leia rolleyes.gif

There are also images of the two figures on the backs of the card, made to look like thay are part of the collection

this is my latest one is of the Jedi A'Sharad Hett from the Star Wars Republic comic book

on a slightly different note - this is a custom Buffy figure I did for Charleys' birthday (she loves buffy (well actually she loves Spike - but what can you do wink.gif ) so I made her this custom Charley the Vampire Slayer figure, I had to redo the card from scratch to change all the info relating to Buffy to Charley, which meant I had to track down the fonts used and make some custom brushes in photoshop - I though it turned out pretty good, even if I do say so myself biggrin.gif

here's the card front and back along with the original card to compare it to (the new front looks darker but isn't in real life)

I hated the POTF2 R5-D4 so I remade it using a cast from a vintage head on a POTF2 R2 body

and another vintage R2 to add to the collection, this time R2-R9 from the Royal Starship

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/darlik/customs/reddroid.jpg[/img]

this is all I've done so far - I've got plenty more to do when I find the time - stay tuned for more biggrin.gif

--------------------
{|||o|o|||">||}================================
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crimsonraptor
post Jun 21 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 778

Eyup Darl - good to see another TPU'er here!

--------------------
Why is common sense so rare these days?

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Jun 21 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #3

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

I love the astromechs...but who's charley?

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
gregorbian
post Jun 21 2005, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Customizing Knight

Member No.: 390

Cool, I like your assorted astromechs. I bought a bunch of beat up vintage R2's on eBay a few months ago and have been meaning to make some custom droids outta them.

--------------------
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

+Quote Post
darl
post Jun 21 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (pbarny @ Jun 21 2005, 10:34 AM)
I love the astromechs...but  who's charley?

she's my mates' girlfriend - he wanted a figure of her as Jabbas slave blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iskander
post Jun 21 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 306

Great looking figures, my favourites are the vintage ones and the ones you made for your friends, the carding came out great too.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Jun 22 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #7

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

darl,

a nice set of customs you've started off with. the paintjobs on the modern astromechs look smooth and
all appear to have straight lines, especially the grey (it is grey right?) R2 unit with the black/white detailing. did you make any changes to the buffy figure itself to make it look more like your buddy's gf? oh and what are the parts on the vintage Darth Maul? Looks like it could be a Jedi Luke.

Happy Customizing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
darl
post Jun 22 2005, 09:27 AM
Post #8

Thanks for the nice words guys biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Jun 22 2005, 02:00 AM)
a nice set of customs you've started off with. the paintjobs on the modern astromechs look smooth and
all appear to have straight lines, especially the grey (it is grey right?) R2 unit with the black/white detailing.

Yeah it's suposed to be R2-Q2 from ANH

did you make any changes to the buffy figure itself to make it look more like your buddy's gf?

I only repainted the hair, added the eye make-up and necklace - most of the work was in the card

oh and what are the parts on the vintage Darth Maul? Looks like it could be a Jedi Luke.

It is indeed smile.gif the body is a Jedi Luke, with a Vader cape and I can't remember which Maul head I used

--------------------

+Quote Post
Master_phruby
post Jun 23 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #9

Customizing Master

Member No.: 11

I love all of those R2 droids. The vintage r2-b1 and red r2 are my favorites. For my R2-B1, I used apple barrell paint blue. It came out really close to the sticker. I'll look up the exact color name.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CHEWIE
post Jun 23 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #10

Customizing Master

Member No.: 76

Heh heh... good stuff all around.

I think the vintage Maul looks very nice. The Stormtrooper is good, but I would suggest using a "newer" mold from Hasbro.

R5D4 looks very cool - his dome seems a little small, so if it were mine, I would repaint him to be some oddball background astromech.

Slave Charley is my favorite though. The figure's hair looks nice, but the actual girlfriend is a very cute gal. smile.gif

ph34r.gif

--------------------
www.yakface.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 10:54 AM || Skin by Metalaxe