Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Collection Room v2.0, Where It All Begins... Again!
CorranHorn
post Sep 22 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #41

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Good grief it's been almost 2 months since I made my last update. A lot has been accomplished and since I have some free time this week I'll make a couple updates as best I can.

To start things off, per a request from Ash here's a couple shots of the Collection Room as you enter the shrine...

Over the last couple of months I finally was able to complete the hanging of various ships from the ceiling. I've hung up only prequel-era ships as most of my OT ships have placement in various dioramas or in the case of the Skyhopper are not designed in a manner that would allow for hanging. As previously mentioned I had to use epoxy to hold the hooks in the ceiling to properly support the weight of the ships.

First up it's the Republic forces vs Darth Maul?!?! The Sith Infiltrator is positioned where it is as I did not want any ships hanging over my Emperor's Arrival scene, so to get everything to work out right I have the Sith Apprentice making a suicide run at the Jedi and Clones.

On the opposite side of the room is General Grievous leading Droid fighters into action, while Anakin just slips past Sebulba in the Boonta Eve Pod Race. I wanted the pod racers to greet visitors as they enter the room just for the mere fact I think it looks neat...

Beyond the hanging of ships, I've manned my two Republic Gunships with various Clonetroopers and Jedi Heroes. The AOTC Gunship has several custom clones I made along with an ARC Trooper, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme. The CW Whale Gunship has several ARC Troopers, grunts, and a custom Obi-Wan in clone armor.

And finally for today a couple of shots of the lowest shelves on bookcases on the far wall. Over the years there's been a number of "deluxe" toys released by Hasbro and I wanted to put them on display even if it's just temporary. Included in the mix is POTF2 Beasts, POTJ 25th Anniversary 2-packs, the 500th Vader, POTF2 FX, POTF2 Deluxe (ironically that Sport Skiff is going to be refreshed this year), and various Speeder Bikes. Many of the items are sitting atop acrylic risers from The Container Store.

That's all for now, I'll have more updates later this week.

Cheers!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Sep 22 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #42

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

I like the altnerating finishes on the cases. That brings you in before you start looking around (and watching for suicide dive bombers).

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Sep 22 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #43

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

Most excellent fellow collector dude. headbanging2.gif

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Sep 24 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #44

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (pbarny @ Sep 22 2009, 02:05 PM) *
I like the altnerating finishes on the cases. That brings you in before you start looking around (and watching for suicide dive bombers).

Thanks, yeah I've tried to go for a somewhat stylized display it seems to work ok.

As promised I've got another update for today, this might be the last update too for a bit. I've hit a bit of a wall as I can't seem to find the drive to finish up the background graphics needed for the Emperor's Arrival (maybe that will change). And I've also hit a snag with my plan for a Rebel Hangar scene in the closet - basically the closet is not of a standard dimension compared to folding tables so I've got to consider building a large shelf or table myself in there. Gotta figure out the logistics on it.

Anyways onto the pics...

First up is an update for my Expanded Universe Vehicles shelf which has now primarily become a Shadows of the Empire shelf. Besides the vehicles I have all the POTF2 Wave 3 figures and the 2 comic packs from SOTE along with several customs on display. the only SOTE figures not on display right now are those from the TLC 08 comic pack, I'm considering what to do with those - leave them on the OT EU shelf or move them on down to the SOTE shelf.

Following Ash's footsteps I'm using a couple of shelves to make mini scenes from the various movies. Below we have an ESB shelf with Luke's bacta dip, his training on Dagobah, and Vader's meeting with the Bounty Hunters, along with a few other figures here and there. Then we have a ROTJ shelf that is still in progress, mostly featuring scenes from the latter half of the movie. I snapped this pic without realizing a Mara Jade figure was on the shelf - this is an "in progress" Emperor's Hand custom, just needs a new paint job and she should be done. Though I keep wondering what I could do for better articulated bare arms.

Speaking of customs, I pulled out a number of my customs to display on my Ultarama sets. This is a temporary setup as I haven't decided on the final placement of the display but for now we have all of my Rogue Squadron related customs on the top level, the second level contains various OT heroes, NJO Jedi, Rebel forces, Marvel customs, and the lowest level has my Thrawn Trilogy customs (most of which need desperate updating), PT Jedi, and non-SW customs (Spike & Lita). I figure at some point I'll be taking all new individual shots of each of my customs, but that's a long term project in of itself.

One of the big accomplishments recently has been the steady decline in the number of boxes in the closet. This has allowed me to put my library of novels, reference guides, and comics on the shelf racks. You also can see my box of Hastak Transformers PVC figures and a retail display for the Star Wars Galaxy trading cards (lots of great references in those sets).

And finally for now, a look around the room to see how the overall progress has improved since the project first started 7 long months ago. Note in one show you can see the mock-up for my Endor battle scene. Still working on placement of figures so no shots yet, but perhaps soon as in theory this should be the easiest diorama for me to put together since I have all the parts I need readily accessible.

That's all for now, I think I'll go into the Collection Room and try to draw upon some inspiration for the continuing work on the dioramas.

As always comments, thoughts, suggestions are always appreciated.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sgt Humpty
post Sep 24 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #45

Formerly DnJcustoms

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,659

Fantastic room, Jason!

I'll bet it takes you three days to dust all of it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Sep 24 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #46

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

Ok, time to expand into the next room. thumbup.gif

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 06:32 PM || Skin by Metalaxe