Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With Making Tank Look More Star Wars-ish, Need help making tank less Earthly.
Fletch
post Jun 21 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,296

Hi, I just joined today and I have a question. I recently (meaning yesterday) created a custom clone tank by repainting and adding onto a model of a WWII Sherman tank. It is my own design and is not supposed to look like anything in the movies, but there's a problem: it still looks too much like an Earth vehicle. The main problem is the fact that it has treads instead of repulsorlifts. I think this adds a kind of all-terrain look to it, but I think it would be cooler if I could make it look less Earthly. I know it's kinda hard to understand me without a photo of the custom, so I'll try to upload one soon. Until then, though, an suggestions?

-Fletch ph34r.gif

--------------------
Do not think of a wizard as you think of a man, for although wizards are men, men are not wizards.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Jun 21 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #2

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

Study the elements/shapes of the vehicles. Certain factions use certain design parameters. Sometimes, movie props were created by mixing planes and boats.

The Empire is monolithic. They believe the standard part can do the job. Things look the same, just a matter of scale.

The Rebel Alliance is scavenger. It looks old, it looks like it is going to fall apart.

Look at what is in the various source material from databank at sw.com, Essential guides, Starships of the Galaxy and other RPG books. There are so many vehicles that haven't been done, it's a bigger shame than figures in some regards.

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Bacara38
post Jun 21 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #3

Customizing Padawan

Member No.: 1,846

You could remove all the tracks and wheels theoretically and then add some long tubes to look like some sort of stabilizing device or if you ever played battlefield 2142 you could make it look like the hover tank

--------------------
what would happen if we trot on a mine?

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Jun 21 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Surviving Admin Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Oh, BF 2142....love that game... drool.gif

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post
Boshuda
post Jun 22 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #5

Customizing Master

Member No.: 692

Look at some of Fritzkrieg's work in the custom ship forum. He does some amazing things using odds and ends (like toy guns and other plastic parts).

http://www.ffurg.com/FForums/index.php?showforum=14

--------------------
Genius and insanity differ only by success!!

+Quote Post
Bacara38
post Jun 22 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #6

Customizing Padawan

Member No.: 1,846

I know awsome. They took star wars walkers and made their own super powerful version as well maybe, even cooler. I love the PAc for a weird reason even though they are portrayed as the bad guys. The tanks is awsome and the hover jeep is sweet to.

--------------------
what would happen if we trot on a mine?

+Quote Post
Fletch
post Jun 22 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,296

Yeah, I like BF 2142 also, and it was part of the inspiration for this particular vehicle. And yes, I've been an admirer of Fritzkrieg's work for quite some time now. I actually did add a few spare parts or "fodder" from other figures, such as a gun from one of those larger than usual, cartoonish Hasbro figures and a radar from the clone pilot set. I think it's coming along pretty well, and I'm considering enclosing the treads so that it can move but still looks like a hover tank (I can't remove them anyway, the tank is partially metal and nearly impossible to destroy). And good news, I uploaded a photo! Bad news is until I get it online with another site I can't post it here.

Thanks,
-Fletch

--------------------
Do not think of a wizard as you think of a man, for although wizards are men, men are not wizards.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 11:22 AM || Skin by Metalaxe