Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FFURG Rocked Celebration 3!!, The Forgotten Force Saw YOU At C3!
CorranHorn
post Dec 20 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #1

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

We've been working on this for awhile and it's now OFFICIAL! The Forgotten Force Customizing Group and FFURG will be at Celebration 3 on April 21st thru the 24th. The Forgotten Force will be a part of the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall at Exhibit Hall C at the Indiana Convention Center. We plan to have a good number of sessions on a variety of customizing topics, including casting, painting, sculpting, and more. Forgotten Force members will be welcomed to display their customs at the FF booth and sit down to talk with the public or each other about the fun there is to be found in Star Wars customizing. We plan to have a schedule of events for the Forgotten Force/FFURG booth available soon, so keep checking FFURG for all the details on this exciting event. For more information on the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall, check out the details at StarWars.com. See you at Celebration 3!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Dec 21 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #2

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Don't forget to check the poll gauging Forgotten Force members interest in assisting with demonstrations or custom talk at C3. Click Here for the poll.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imrahil
post Jan 2 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Cool. I'll probably be at C3!

--------------------
At ille cum paulolum inclinatus fuisset ad collegendum, rex, elevatis manibus, securem suam capite eius defixit. 'Sic', inquid, 'tu Sexonas in urceo illo fecisti'.

--Gregory of Tours, writing about King Clovis

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Feb 9 2005, 02:44 AM
Post #4

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Hi All,

In case you missed it on the front page of the site (shame on you if you did tongue.gif), we've put up a page with details on what we plan to have so far in terms of presentations at Celebration 3. We hope to add more details in the near future, but you can check out all the details by clicking the link below.

http://www.ffurg.com/c3.htm

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Mar 22 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #5

FFURG Man-At-Arms

We've just announced on the main page the Schedule of Events for the FFURG/Forgotten Force Fan Table at Celebration 3. From the post on the main page...

After much work, we now have available The Schedule Of Events for the FFURG/Forgotten Force Fan Table at Celebration 3. Our table will be staffed by the staff of FFURG as well as volunteers throughout the entire time the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall will be opened during Celebration 3. As such we have a full load of presentations, sessions, and activities planned for the show. From general questions & answers, to sessions on sculpting, painting, and softgoods, to a kids workshop, we're covering the entire world of customizing. As part of the announcement of the schedule, over the next couple of weeks, we'll be spotlighting a particular event at our table here on the main page

So stay tuned to the main page for the spotlights.

Here is The Schedule Of Events

--------------------

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Apr 20 2005, 04:03 AM
Post #6

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Just a reminder before we head out to C3 of the specifics for the FFURG/Forgotten Force booth at the Fan Fair Exhbit Hall for Celebration 3...

What: FFURG and The Forgotten Force Customizing Group's Fan Club Table at
The Fan Fair Exhibit Hall at Star Wars Celebration 3
When: April 21st through April 24th 2005
Where: Indianapolis Convention Center, Indianapolis Indiana

For Full Details Click Here

I'll have one last post on the main page tomorrow wrapping up the spotlights and then it's off to Indy. Those of you who have sent in submissions for Casting Calls or the Vault, your submissions will be added to the site after I come back from C3, so don't fret, I haven't forgotten about you. smile.gif

We'll be there when the Fan Fair Hall opens on Thursday, so we'll be still setting up, but please stop on by and say Hi!

See you at Celebration 3!

--------------------

+Quote Post
savrip
post Apr 24 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #7

Co-Founder

Member No.: 2

HI Everyone,

We've just ended the 3rd of 4 days here at Celebration 3 and the response we've gotten from attendees has been amazing and even a bit overwhelming. There hasn't been a time where there wasn't at least half a dozen people checking out the booth, it's been nonstop fun. We've met a lot of new people and made some new friends and shared our love for customizing with them and we've converted many of them. Here's a random pic from our booth to give you a small idea of what was going on, we'll have more pics up next week to share with you all...

The FFURG Staff - Ashley, Dan, Doug, Jason, Jesse, & Tim

--------------------
----------------------------------------
Tim (Savrip) Hopkins
FFURG.com | KSWCC.com | Savrip.com | WANTED List | Facebook | Twitter

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post Apr 25 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #8

Customizing Master

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8

Yay us at C3! <clappity clap clap> Are those TND's beautiful boots I see?

It was really a fabulous time, and very rewarding. Meeting other FFURG folk, putting faces to names, really made the experience for me, since I didn't get to do that at all at C2. You were all terrific to put up with me for two whole days. More to come soon on that.

Looking forward to seeing more -- and I'll post some of mine, too!

Cheers,
the Findswoman

--------------------

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Apr 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #9

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Those are indeed Den's boots from his kickin' Jedi outfit. It was indeed a great time at the show, unbelievable even at times. We'll have more on the C3 experience in the next few days, but I wanted to quickly say a few thank yous to some great people we met at the show.

First off to our volunteers, presenters, & contributors, we could not have done any of the things we did at C3 without your help and support. Everyone should give a round of applause to the following people for all the time and effort they gave to help the FFURG staff out at the show, they're just great people! clapping.gif thumbup.gif

Dave Castle
Dennis Sonnier
Erik Schroeder
Esther Criscuola
Jim Abell
Maureen Kuppe
Ryan Phipps
Sal Salerno
Thad Boyer

Also I'd like to say thanks and hello to some of the great new friends we made at the show. My apologies ahead of time if I didn't get your name, there were so many people that it sometimes became a blur. So hello to Jack, John, James, Max, Scott, Shawn, CJ, Eli, Rafael, James M., Dan, Pat and his family, and of course the fine officers and troops of the 501st who were our neighbors at the show and put up with the huge mess we made. biggrin.gif

It was a great experience that I'll always treasure and would love to do again (ok without having to wait in all those long lines tongue.gif), maybe one day we'll be seeing you again....

Happy Customizing To You All!!
Jason

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse James
post Apr 25 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #10

Customizing High Council

Member No.: 7

C3 was fun all around, but FFURG took the cake I think...

People have been saying to me left and right about how incredibly busy the FFURG booth was. I can't claim to have been there as much as Tim, Ash, Jason, and Doug... You guys really deserve a round because you all worked your butts off at the show too, practically anchored there most of the time. A lot of people recognized that effort... You made that happen, plain and simple... I'm just glad I was able to be a part of it somewhat. I think it was such a positive thing for our hobby that it'll really have a lasting impact.

And the volunteers, each and everyone, you did make this come together. Donated customs, talks, and all the work... It was all appreciated. I diverted anyone over to the booth I could. Even some of the Hasbro guys I talked with were itnerested and showed I saw, so that's just great. smile.gif The one even said in my conversation with him that customs are something he does look at. wink.gif How's that for recognition?

You guys are great though. The table was overwhelmed really with positive response. And the amazing customs that came of the whole thing were great to see. Kids in the hobby even!? I mean, that's the first I've ever really seen kids getting into customizing! That was great unto itself!

Great work, start to finish... plain and simple.

--------------------
Jedi Defender.com & FFURG Representative

Fleet Trooper Sucks So Bad, I May Make a New One!

+Quote Post
TND
post Apr 26 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Customizing General

Member No.: 153

hey guys,
i'll echo what was said above...i had a ffantastic time at C3, especially meeting all of you ffrom the ffurg. I really want to congratulate Jason, Doug, Tim, Ashley who organized a super event...the best event in the ffan ffair hall.

It was a pleasure meeting Dan, Ester, Justin, Jesse, Erik and everyone else as well.

here are some pics that i took at C3
http://photobucket.com/albums/v634/theyren...ebration%20III/

I acutally had such a good time, i went to TRU and Walmart to pick up a ffew ffigs to customize! I'm restarting simple, with a couple of wookies.

Thanks guys,

Den
(TND)

--------------------

+Quote Post
CorranHorn
post Apr 26 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #12

FFURG Man-At-Arms

Oh man Den, do I looked stoned in all of your pics or what? ohmy.gif It was really great to meet you after all of these years and getting the chance to have some fun with everyone at the show. I'm glad we got you back into the customizing mix, I'm all psyched myself as I saw some neat ideas that I want to try.

All the Thanks goes to you and everyone else!
Jason (still coming down from the high that was C3)

--------------------

+Quote Post
pbarny
post Apr 26 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #13

My name is teacher, that is what I call myself

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (CorranHorn @ Apr 26 2005, 01:59 PM)
Jason (still coming down from the high that was C3)

They have clinics for that, Jason....Either that or cap the paint thinner. blink.gif So what are the ideas?

--------------------
Paul
My Blog, Pics and More
Customs Blog
Add Yoursel to MY MAP
Me on Facebook
Now, it seems that I have to remind DnJCustoms and Everyone else about the upcoming Casting Calls.
FFURG Forums Casting Call: Classic Trilogy in Clone Wars Style

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post Apr 26 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Customizing Master

Ffabulous ffotos, Den! Thanks ffor sharing them! Once again, your costume really turned out ffantastic. Is the young ffellow you're posing with in ffront of the Geonosis Arena backdrop your son? (As you can see, I too am now ffraught with the the desire to ff everything, as is only ffitting.)

To the list of new ffans & ffriends I must also add Jill & Mark, Austin, Caitie, Tykrazen & DanBinks from these very FForums, and the young woman who did that amazing ffemale Jedi with the black & gold. Meeting you was a real blast! Thanks again ffor all the ffabulous ffun.

Yes, Jason, do tell us your ides ffor ffuture customs inspired by C3. In ffact, why not all of us do so?

... the Ffindswoman

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim_Abell
post Apr 26 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #15

Customizing Padawan

Member No.: 55

Hey, it was great meeting and hanging out with you guys ffor what time that I did. Really wish I'd been more together than I was, but KSWCC really drained me leading up to CIII. Anyway, here's the ffotos I took at the booth, thought you all might like a look...

...now to clean out some space and start working on stuff again!

--------------------
Jim Abell
Founding Member, Kentucky Star Wars Collectors' Club
www.KSWCC.com

+Quote Post
Sith Lord Chaos
post Apr 26 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #16

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity

Member No.: 65

I look so goofy in that picture blink.gif I think I need to loose some weight, I'm kind of a fatty now. unsure.gif wink.gif

--------------------
"Do you read The Bible, Teal'c?"
"It is a signigicant part of your culture. Have you not read The Bible, O'Neill?"
"Of course... Actually I'm listening to it on tape. Don't tell me how it ends."

+Quote Post
Findswoman
post Apr 26 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #17

Customizing Master

Oh, Chaos, don't worry -- you look just ffine. (That's you, right, Ryan?)

Since we're sharing photos, here's some of my own, of both our booth and the con in general:
http://homepage.mac.com/delaix/PhotoAlbum11.html

Note the lady in the Mara Jade costume with my 12" Mara Jade doll -- exact same hair color and everything! Unfortunately, I didn't have the presence of mind to photograph the guy in the Zuckuss costume with my any of my Gand customs. sad.gif Ah well, next time...

Enjoy, everybody!

... Ffinds

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sith Lord Chaos
post Apr 27 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #18

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity

Member No.: 65

Oh thanks. smile.gif It was great to meet you Esther. Your Wedding Mara and your other customs look even better in person. I wish I would brought some of my own to display in that case.

Ryan

--------------------
"Do you read The Bible, Teal'c?"
"It is a signigicant part of your culture. Have you not read The Bible, O'Neill?"
"Of course... Actually I'm listening to it on tape. Don't tell me how it ends."

+Quote Post
Curto
post Apr 28 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #19

THE Curto

Member No.: 15

Just wanted to chime in here...I had an absolute blast at CELEBRATION III!!!

It was great to finally meet everyone from FFURG that I've known for many many years now, and while I've met Tim and Ashley before, we've never been in one place before now! I wish I had more time to hang out at the booth, but it looks like there wasn't a whole lot of room for a big guy like me, anyway!!

One of the highlights of the convention for me was definitely Saturday night, hanging out with the FFURG team in the hotel suite. I can't wait to do it again in 2007!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Delaton
post Apr 28 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #20

Surviving Admin Member

Member No.: 5

One of the highlights of the convention for me was definitely Saturday night, hanging out with the FFURG team in the hotel suite. I can't wait to do it again in 2007!!

Except for the lightsaber turning on and off about 500 times! laugh.gif It was an awesome time and I would have loved to stay longer and pound back a few beers with Peter Mayhew but being Saturday night, we were all pretty exhausted already from the week.

Any chance anybody's coming up to Providence/Boston for WizardWorld, Hasbro, or the Star Wars Exhibit at the Museum of Science this fall? Tours are available. Give me a holler.

--------------------
Ashley
a.k.a. Delaton

FFURG.com Admin @ YakStreet Member

Email:
delaton@customizerscookbook.com
Websites:
Customizer's Cookbook or FFURG
Forums:
Yakface Forums or FFURG FForums

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:57 AM || Skin by Metalaxe